[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
Dec 16, 2019 at 7:05 PM Post #7,322 of 9,288
Well after a few days trying, and by that I mean removing files, reembedding artwork and loading the files again, then resetting database and rescanning, the FiiO app still misses about 20 albums artwork whereas Poweramp works seamlessly

I don’t get how the default built in app struggles so much and the third party works flawlessly

other issues I had were during certain scans , FiiO app crashed. Very infuriating.

if the UI was as lush in the Poweramp as the FiiO I wouldn’t have bothered. But looks aren’t everything and so back to Poweramp.

Dec 18, 2019 at 12:33 AM Post #7,327 of 9,288
Solved the issue of the missing artwork by keeping the dimensions to 1000x1000 pixels and size below 1mb
Well after a few days trying, and by that I mean removing files, reembedding artwork and loading the files again, then resetting database and rescanning, the FiiO app still misses about 20 albums artwork whereas Poweramp works seamlessly

I don’t get how the default built in app struggles so much and the third party works flawlessly

other issues I had were during certain scans , FiiO app crashed. Very infuriating.

if the UI was as lush in the Poweramp as the FiiO I wouldn’t have bothered. But looks aren’t everything and so back to Poweramp.

Dec 18, 2019 at 1:16 AM Post #7,328 of 9,288
It would really help if you could advise what you don't like about the genre sorting and open a discussion to try and work out a solution. To simply say "It sucks" cannot possibly result in any positive changes.

If you have made specific recommendations in the past, then highlight these again with links and put forward your case for Fiio to mod the software with your recommendation.

Also perhaps address your requests to @FiiO so they see your requests specifically.

If you start with a +Ve footing then your requests are far more likely to be listened to :)

PS... I do understand that the Fiio app is frustrating in many way, but Fiio is working hard to make changes on a regular basis and they do listen to their customers unlike many companies.
In past, we discussed that topic many times...many, many times. Many times!
Database items and sorting is standard development. M7, M9 and M11 are very poor in kind of standards!

FiiO is very confusing in discussion / development.....

btw. The M11 should be have a better EQ that the predecessors M7 and M9.... but the EQ of the M11 sucks in every case. -> The statment of the better EQ has done by FiiO itself!
+-12 dB EQ is standard development.....

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2019 at 1:22 AM Post #7,329 of 9,288
Two questions in settings in the FiiO music app:

1. What does the Auto Access to setting do ?
2. Replay Gain - what does this do ? does it do anything in connection with the device setting of Low and High Gain ?
ReplayGain is tagged within the music files (MP3 / FLAC ...)
https://wiki.hydrogenaud.io/index.php?title=ReplayGain
For tagging the files with replayGain you can use foobar2000.
The device "Low / high gain" setting is not involved in this kind of gain setting.....

Dec 18, 2019 at 2:42 AM Post #7,330 of 9,288
Two questions in settings in the FiiO music app:

1. What does the Auto Access to setting do ?
2. Replay Gain - what does this do ? does it do anything in connection with the device setting of Low and High Gain ?
When Auto-access is enabled, whenever you select a song to play it'll automatically pull up the playback screen. If it's disabled then you'll have to pull it up manually.
Replaygain minimizes volume differences between songs, making them more consistent in loudness. Track replaygain will make each song within a certain album consistent, while Album replaygain will make the overall loudness of an album consistent with the rest of your entire library.

Dec 19, 2019 at 2:06 PM Post #7,335 of 9,288
M11 not supported in this version.Sorry but after searching this forum I do still have a few things I strugle with.
1. Playing Flacs from my NAS I wantvto search for lyrics. Can’t find any. Do these have to be loaded from the same folder or the www?
2. If I like a song I can’t make it a favorite, ‘not supported in this version’
3. I like opera and when I start one the M11 shufles the sequence. Most enoying. :angry:

Can somebody help me with these problems?
Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back