[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
Dec 21, 2019 at 10:13 AM Post #7,351 of 9,288
Did I misunderstood? Your M11 crashes somewhat regularly?
Do you have the latest firmware version?
Thanks

Admittedly I have been using poweramp more than the FiiO music app lately - so I haven't used the app much since the firmware update. But before, yes - the app would crash - not the device.

I still haven't found a definitive answer about poweramp playing hi res music in its native resolution - I've set the output to hi res, but does it resample it....?

Cheers!

Dec 21, 2019 at 11:11 AM Post #7,353 of 9,288
Admittedly I have been using poweramp more than the FiiO music app lately - so I haven't used the app much since the firmware update. But before, yes - the app would crash - not the device.

I still haven't found a definitive answer about poweramp playing hi res music in its native resolution - I've set the output to hi res, but does it resample it....?

Cheers!

Might these help?

Poweramp's forum
https://forum.powerampapp.com/topic/16507-how-to-turn-off-resampling/
https://forum.powerampapp.com/topic/10953-resampling-in-poweramp-2/

That question has not been answered yet, here on Heaf-fi
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/the-poweramp-for-android-thread.904036/

Dec 21, 2019 at 2:36 PM Post #7,355 of 9,288
In the FiiO player, do people hear a slight click when a track is selected, especially when changing to different sampling rate tracks ( never heard it with Poweramp) ?

Does their player crash more than it would be expected to ?
Hearing clicks only when switching between different sampling rates. Never ever had a single crash. Might be considering myself lucky, since already spent flying tens thousands of miles with the M11 on heavy duty.

Dec 22, 2019 at 8:38 AM Post #7,356 of 9,288
I am eyeing this DAP for a possible buy. Hmmm... not very reassuring

To be sure, there are the occasional rough edges on the FiiO, but whether you encounter them depends on how you use the device. I've had mine for months now and have had at most one crash (which I'm not sure was a crash, I may have been resting on things the wrong way and invoked the reboot menu, but let's say it w as a crash). So for people experiencing problems the sure, they may have a flaky device needing service, or may use the software in a way that genuinely crashes and would do so for every user who did the same.

Based only on my personal experience I'm having an awesome time with the device. Are there quirks, yes. The occasional glitch in playback timing or somehow-bluetooth-induced "pop" on my speakers sure.

I think my only real complaint is that navigating using the FiiO app in my 25k songs is _very slow_, depending on # of files in the directory, and perhaps sensitive to the way I have structured my albums. Whether there are corrective actions I might take I don't know. It isn't the card slot I've tried both. So my best guess is speed of the card, or simply the way I've organized my music.

Would I buy the device again? Yes, it fills a great cost/feature niche, sounds great, and is letting me enjoy my music in a way I haven't for decades.

Dec 22, 2019 at 10:40 AM Post #7,358 of 9,288
To be sure, there are the occasional rough edges on the FiiO, but whether you encounter them depends on how you use the device. I've had mine for months now and have had at most one crash (which I'm not sure was a crash, I may have been resting on things the wrong way and invoked the reboot menu, but let's say it w as a crash). So for people experiencing problems the sure, they may have a flaky device needing service, or may use the software in a way that genuinely crashes and would do so for every user who did the same.

Based only on my personal experience I'm having an awesome time with the device. Are there quirks, yes. The occasional glitch in playback timing or somehow-bluetooth-induced "pop" on my speakers sure.

I think my only real complaint is that navigating using the FiiO app in my 25k songs is _very slow_, depending on # of files in the directory, and perhaps sensitive to the way I have structured my albums. Whether there are corrective actions I might take I don't know. It isn't the card slot I've tried both. So my best guess is speed of the card, or simply the way I've organized my music.

Would I buy the device again? Yes, it fills a great cost/feature niche, sounds great, and is letting me enjoy my music in a way I haven't for decades.

jdtenny...I agree with absolutely everything you said. Sometimes I'm guilty of just posting my gripes, and not my praises! I do love this device - and yes - I have also been enjoying my music in different ways for the first time in a while!!

Currently enjoying the MFSL SACD of Santana's Caravanserai! It's bliss!

I am still desperately hoping for an Album Artist sort on the FiiO app though! That would be make this a stone cold perfect device in my opion. @FiiO ? Please??

Last edited:
Dec 22, 2019 at 12:24 PM Post #7,359 of 9,288
Did anyone have experience or a solution to this issue ?

Still not figured this sorting issue out and have run out of ideas. It would appear to be an issue with the software code. Sorting your list of playlists into alphabetical order should not sort the contents of those playlists into alphabetical order as well - it should leave the contents alone.

Dec 22, 2019 at 8:51 PM Post #7,360 of 9,288
I am eyeing this DAP for a possible buy. Hmmm... not very reassuring

The hardware options and specs on the M11 are worth twice the price. If you don't like the Fiio native player (which does have a slick interface), you can listen to music on 3rd party apps like Neutron, Hiby, Rocket Player, and Poweramp, which each excel at different things. Turning away from the M11 because you don't like the Fiio player is like refusing a discount Ferrari because of the replaceable floormats.

Dec 23, 2019 at 12:34 AM Post #7,361 of 9,288
So...DSD/DSF files definitely not playing gaplessly on FiiO music...Santana's Caravanserai album, where many tracks flow into each other...there's a huge blip before the next track. Anyone else experiencing this? This issue is less pronounced in Poweramp...almost a small unnoticeable click, much smoother than the FiiO app.

@FiiO - this is happening with DSD/DSF files that I have ripped from SACDs, as well as purchased files.

Last edited:
Dec 23, 2019 at 6:02 PM Post #7,362 of 9,288
So...DSD/DSF files definitely not playing gaplessly on FiiO music...Santana's Caravanserai album, where many tracks flow into each other...there's a huge blip before the next track. Anyone else experiencing this? This issue is less pronounced in Poweramp...almost a small unnoticeable click, much smoother than the FiiO app.

@FiiO - this is happening with DSD/DSF files that I have ripped from SACDs, as well as purchased files.
This only happens when mine switches from DSD/DSF to another format. I don't have that issue while playing a single album all DSD/DSF.

Dec 23, 2019 at 6:22 PM Post #7,363 of 9,288
Hello,
I've a question about formatting the microcards.
Today I received a 1TB card from Amazon, my first card of this size. (I usually buy the 200GB SanDisk Ultra) I placed it in the M11 unit and began to search for the program to format the new card. I checked the M11 card reader and it showed that two folders had been written to it - and it was formatted. Did the unit do this automatically ?
If so - I am appreciating 'Android' systems :)

Dec 23, 2019 at 7:54 PM Post #7,364 of 9,288
This only happens when mine switches from DSD/DSF to another format. I don't have that issue while playing a single album all DSD/DSF.

Unfortunately it happens to me while playing a single album...almost as if I didn't gapless play enabled (which I do!). Are you using FiiO music or another app? I'm also running on the latest firmware.

What brand of SD card are you using? I've got two 200GB SanDisks in mine - wonder if another brand would have the same issue? Or is it my player?

Thanks - Michael

EDIT: So I seemed to have fixed the issue by ripping from the ISO into one DFF file, and a cue file. Gaps are no longer present!

Last edited:
Dec 24, 2019 at 8:59 AM Post #7,365 of 9,288
Hello,
I've a question about formatting the microcards.
Today I received a 1TB card from Amazon, my first card of this size. (I usually buy the 200GB SanDisk Ultra) I placed it in the M11 unit and began to search for the program to format the new card. I checked the M11 card reader and it showed that two folders had been written to it - and it was formatted. Did the unit do this automatically ?
If so - I am appreciating 'Android' systems :)
Hi. I'm no expert on card formats or android (the M11 being my first android device), however I believe all consumer cards come pre-formatted, usually for an intended use. For example, if you were buying a storage device marketed for Apple ecosystems it would be formatted for that environment. More generally though I suspect most cards these days are formatted with the EX-FAT file system which works on a wide range of devices (android or otherwise). Certainly that was the case on the recent Sandisk card I bought.

As to whether the FiiO formatted it on the fly, I suspect it would tell you if it did while it was doing it, but the card was probably pre-formatted when you bought it. If you need to reformat it someone on this forum will tell you if the M11 can do it, or you can use your native operating system tools. EX-FAT will work as a target filesystem, though it sucks for linux `rsync` maintenance on the card if you synchronize changes to your music library with the card. I'm still looking for a solution for that problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back