[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
Sep 17, 2019 at 10:19 AM Post #6,496 of 9,288
I seem to recall others posting this. Played tidal yesterday. Plugged in my M11 last night for a charge with tidal paused. Unplugged it this morning, plugged in my headphone jacks, hit "play" with the hardware button, and ... commence loud sound through headphones.

Rebooted and went away, but not good. 1.0.6 firmware. Nothing else running.
I take it you didn’t install the beta firmware posted on this thread that apparently eliminates this problem?

Sep 17, 2019 at 10:20 AM Post #6,497 of 9,288
Any way I can get the fiio music app to scan all the music on my card? It will only scan new music I add to card. The hibby app scans everything on the card whenever I turn on scan operation. For some reason hIbby shows 70 more tracks on my card than Fiio does. I want to force the Fiio to scan everything on the M11. Thanks
Reset the database and rescan.

Sep 17, 2019 at 10:39 AM Post #6,498 of 9,288
I take it you didn’t install the beta firmware posted on this thread that apparently eliminates this problem?
No, I avoid prototype software whenever possible, and hadn't experienced the problem before today. Good to know it's there if it recurs enough to drive me to it though. So this is thought to havea fix then?

Sep 17, 2019 at 11:16 AM Post #6,501 of 9,288
sorry but Im a total newbie to DAPS. Is there a setting called reset the database that I click on and do I need to remove my card when I do this so it doesn't erase all my music? Thanks
There's a setting in FiiO Music settings that allows you to reset the database. Don't stress, it just erases the music database from FiiO Music, not actual files from your cards. Once done, just initiate a rescan of all your cards, and in minutes everything will be up to date.

Sep 17, 2019 at 12:17 PM Post #6,504 of 9,288
Resetting database worked very well. I thought I was going to have to format my card and drag 5 thousand songs back into the card. Thanks again.
The M11 is so fast, it’s easy just to reset and rescan. Still hoping for a major FiiO Music overhaul to make simple stuff like real-time library updates more straightforward.

Sep 17, 2019 at 12:35 PM Post #6,505 of 9,288
Did anyone try installing Aurora Store instead of Google Play Store?

I am generally moving away from using Google's monopolizing services, and found Aurora Store useful in transition period and I'm trying to mostly use F-Droid with open source software. I'm thinking about buying my first DAP and I'm just generally curious about it. Hopefully that would help some of y'all that have issue with missing Google services in case it works.

Sep 17, 2019 at 12:39 PM Post #6,506 of 9,288
Did anyone try installing Aurora Store instead of Google Play Store?

I am generally moving away from using Google's monopolizing services, and found Aurora Store useful in transition period and I'm trying to mostly use F-Droid with open source software. I'm thinking about buying my first DAP and I'm just generally curious about it. Hopefully that would help some of y'all that have issue with missing Google services in case it works.

Yes it works great but obviously it doesn't allow apps like uapp to authnticate licenses through google services. I prefer not having all the google bloat garbage on my dap. But I prefer Neutron anyway bought direct through paypro and Aurora updates it fine and keeps the paypro license intact.

Sep 17, 2019 at 10:30 PM Post #6,509 of 9,288
I seem to recall others posting this. Played tidal yesterday. Plugged in my M11 last night for a charge with tidal paused. Unplugged it this morning, plugged in my headphone jacks, hit "play" with the hardware button, and ... commence loud sound through headphones.

Rebooted and went away, but not good. 1.0.6 firmware. Nothing else running.

Were you using a balanced output?

@FiiO when is this going to be fixed? Its a risk to damaging someone’s hearing as well as their headphones. The fact that you haven't acknowledged the problem is also troubling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back