[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
Sep 15, 2019 at 9:41 AM Post #6,481 of 9,270
I have a backlog of stuff ongoing/to do (multi-room Freeview/Dab/FM system, Video doorbell, Raspberry Pi programming course etc etc) that I am being lazy and would really appreciate some quick advice please.:)

I have a Qnap NAS which I have installed Plex onto. I also have a subscription to Tidal Hifi which is my main source for new music. I have never used Plex before but I am hoping that I will be able to stream my music collection from the NAS rather than having to have a copy of the flac file on the M11. I have also just got a Roku hdmi stick for my AV amp/TV which I can also put Plex on. The question which I would like advice on is that Plex are hassling me to get a Plex Pass and they say I will be able to get discount on my Tidal subs. Do I need Plex Pass to stream to the M11 and if so, is it worth tying it in with my Tidal subs ?

TIA for any help :wink:

Sep 15, 2019 at 12:29 PM Post #6,482 of 9,270
I have a backlog of stuff ongoing/to do (multi-room Freeview/Dab/FM system, Video doorbell, Raspberry Pi programming course etc etc) that I am being lazy and would really appreciate some quick advice please.:)

I have a Qnap NAS which I have installed Plex onto. I also have a subscription to Tidal Hifi which is my main source for new music. I have never used Plex before but I am hoping that I will be able to stream my music collection from the NAS rather than having to have a copy of the flac file on the M11. I have also just got a Roku hdmi stick for my AV amp/TV which I can also put Plex on. The question which I would like advice on is that Plex are hassling me to get a Plex Pass and they say I will be able to get discount on my Tidal subs. Do I need Plex Pass to stream to the M11 and if so, is it worth tying it in with my Tidal subs ?

TIA for any help :wink:
Good news - you don’t need a Plex pass at all. The pass adds a few features but you can still stream lossless to your M11 as long as you’re on the same network or via the Internet (setup Plex to support incoming connections). You can then stream from Alex to FiiO Music via DLNA, or just download the Plex app and get full access to your Plex library from anywhere in the world. Just remember to set audio quality to ‘original’ so it doesn’t get compressed.

Sep 16, 2019 at 1:36 PM Post #6,483 of 9,270
anyone experiencing dap lowering the volume at some parts of the song and take it back up again after that part of the song finnished

Sep 16, 2019 at 5:16 PM Post #6,485 of 9,270
anyone experiencing dap lowering the volume at some parts of the song and take it back up again after that part of the song finnished

Only once in the fiio app when I had an EQ on.

Sep 16, 2019 at 9:48 PM Post #6,487 of 9,270
Sep 16, 2019 at 9:49 PM Post #6,488 of 9,270
Not on my side.
Which player and file type ?
Did you disable replay gain ?

Got the culprint already, fiio app + eq

Tho i always disable replay gain :)

Sep 16, 2019 at 10:42 PM Post #6,489 of 9,270
So I've run into some apps not recognizing both SD slots so I can't access any files in slot 2. Is there a way around this?

Edit: I switched the cards around and it's still only picking up my main card. Some apps recognize it, some don't.

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2019 at 2:40 AM Post #6,490 of 9,270
Hi guys, was wondering if you found out how to update the apps installed from the "Fiio Store" ?

Use APKPure.

So I've run into some apps not recognizing both SD slots so I can't access any files in slot 2. Is there a way around this?

Edit: I switched the cards around and it's still only picking up my main card. Some apps recognize it, some don't.

Found this issue too. Maybe some apps are not designed to work with more than one memory card. This is not common situation in Android to have more that one memory card :p There is a high possibility that it only happens in DAP devices.

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2019 at 5:08 AM Post #6,491 of 9,270
Holy, fiio + eq it is

What app are you using for now bro? :)

I stopped using EQ and I am now close to buying neutron player, if you dont want to spend any cash try Hiby app :)

Sep 17, 2019 at 10:03 AM Post #6,494 of 9,270
I seem to recall others posting this. Played tidal yesterday. Plugged in my M11 last night for a charge with tidal paused. Unplugged it this morning, plugged in my headphone jacks, hit "play" with the hardware button, and ... commence loud sound through headphones.

Rebooted and went away, but not good. 1.0.6 firmware. Nothing else running.

Sep 17, 2019 at 10:15 AM Post #6,495 of 9,270
Any way I can get the fiio music app to scan all the music on my card? It will only scan new music I add to card. The hibby app scans everything on the card whenever I turn on scan operation. For some reason hIbby shows 70 more tracks on my card than Fiio does. I want to force the Fiio to scan everything on the M11. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back