[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
Aug 27, 2019 at 3:56 AM Post #6,241 of 9,288
The problem appears if you switch presets from one album to another with different genres of music. This is the third time I have encountered this problem. Previously, I did not use the equalizer, so I did not encounter this problem.
An equalizer problem can occur if you turn the equalizer on and off. For example, on some tracks I turn on presets, on others I turn off the equalizer, but in the future the equalizer stops working.
Dear friend,

Thanks for your kind feedback. We will report to the engineer about that for check.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Aug 27, 2019 at 1:36 PM Post #6,243 of 9,288
@FiiO
Hi
I have a problem with fiio music app I am using the M11 as a transport for my Chord Hugo I just purchased a shanling L2 type usb c to usb connector it’s works fine with Hiby app showing bit perfect on Hugo.
Now with the fiio app the music is like it’s scrambled static can just make out what’s playing any ideas.

I’m at a loss why hiby would work but not fiio app.

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2019 at 3:06 PM Post #6,244 of 9,288
Quick question for @FiiO or anyone who might know the answer. The reason the M11 supposedly shipped without Google Play support is because Google stopped certifying devices with Android OS lower than 9.0, right? So what's with the HiBy R5, iBasso DX160 and the upcoming Shanling DAP all sporting the full Android 8.1 OS with Google Play? All of which are being released well after the M11?

Don't get me wrong, I love my M11, and don't need Google Play, but would like to know what the situation is with Google certification as it pertains to future OS support.

Aug 27, 2019 at 3:24 PM Post #6,245 of 9,288
Quick question for @FiiO or anyone who might know the answer. The reason the M11 supposedly shipped without Google Play support is because Google stopped certifying devices with Android OS lower than 9.0, right? So what's with the HiBy R5, iBasso DX160 and the upcoming Shanling DAP all sporting the full Android 8.1 OS with Google Play? All of which are being released well after the M11?

Don't get me wrong, I love my M11, and don't need Google Play, but would like to know what the situation is with Google certification as it pertains to future OS support.

I think its due to the chip set @FiiO use Exynos 7872 they said but I could be wrong

Aug 27, 2019 at 3:29 PM Post #6,246 of 9,288
I think its due to the chip set @FiiO use Exynos 7872 they said but I could be wrong
I get that the Exynos 7872 can't go beyond Android 7, but certification is supposedly only open for Android 9 devices. Yet all these "new" daps are shipping with open Android 8.1. What gives?

Aug 27, 2019 at 3:42 PM Post #6,247 of 9,288
I get that the Exynos 7872 can't go beyond Android 7, but certification is supposedly only open for Android 9 devices. Yet all these "new" daps are shipping with open Android 8.1. What gives?

Only thing I can think is that they were in development before google changed the policy but I'm just guessing :p

Aug 28, 2019 at 12:52 AM Post #6,251 of 9,288
I read yesterday that there's going to be a PRO version of the M11. What's the point of this? Its onboard capacity will decrease, if I recall correctly, and it will have a larger battery so the actual unit will be slightly fatter. What other advantages would there be of this?
It has a different twin DACs and beefed up amplifier (THX AAA); I guess it's being designed for different market base, for those who want to perhaps use it with harder to drive headphones and perhaps more often in desktop mode, as a DAC only? The argument for losing a slot is better media management or some such? That's a killer me in any case, the loss of a slot. Bad move imho.

Aug 28, 2019 at 12:52 AM Post #6,252 of 9,288
I read yesterday that there's going to be a PRO version of the M11. What's the point of this? Its onboard capacity will decrease, if I recall correctly, and it will have a larger battery so the actual unit will be slightly fatter. What other advantages would there be of this?
Just keep buying.

Aug 28, 2019 at 1:53 AM Post #6,254 of 9,288
It has a different twin DACs and beefed up amplifier (THX AAA); I guess it's being designed for different market base, for those who want to perhaps use it with harder to drive headphones and perhaps more often in desktop mode, as a DAC only? The argument for losing a slot is better media management or some such? That's a killer me in any case, the loss of a slot. Bad move imho.

Agreed. When I read it was losing capacity, I thought that was a backwards move. Surely most people would want MORE capacity but the marketing spiel suggested the likely buyers would be willing to lose certain elements for a slightly better audio experience - I'm probably not in their target market then.

Aug 28, 2019 at 2:59 AM Post #6,255 of 9,288
Dear friend,

Thanks for your kind feedback. We will report to the engineer about that for check.

Best regards
I also do not share Fiio's decision to leave only one microSD card slot in the M11 Pro. It was two slots in Fiio devices that brought an additional advantage over other manufacturers of portable hi-fi equipment, so why give up the second slot?! If it's not too late, I would like Fiio engineers to come to their senses and leave two slots for memory cards both in the Fiio M11 Pro and in the future flagship M15. I hope for your understanding, as I plan to continue to purchase Fiio products and two slots for memory cards is fundamentally better than one. With two cards everything works stably!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back