[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
Jul 21, 2019 at 5:16 PM Post #4,351 of 9,288
I’ve tried HiBy (not bad, nice effects, crap UI); PowerAmp (excellent, almost as good as FiiO Music but much better UI and effects, and you can organize by album artist); Neutron (decent sound, high-res driver wasn’t working well for some reason, ultimately too ugly to keep). Eventually I just defaulted to FiiO Music, which for my purposes (no playlists, don’t care about random play, mostly play full albums by album or folder) is perfect and easily sounds the best out of any player on the M11.

What was your neutron hires driver doing? Were you using the 64bit version? Not had any problems. I also have it maxed out (for m11 dacs) outputting everything at 32bit 384khz :L3000:

Last edited:
Jul 21, 2019 at 5:25 PM Post #4,352 of 9,288
I’ve tried HiBy (not bad, nice effects, crap UI); PowerAmp (excellent, almost as good as FiiO Music but much better UI and effects, and you can organize by album artist); Neutron (decent sound, high-res driver wasn’t working well for some reason, ultimately too ugly to keep). Eventually I just defaulted to FiiO Music, which for my purposes (no playlists, don’t care about random play, mostly play full albums by album or folder) is perfect and easily sounds the best out of any player on the M11.

Fiio is definitly the nicest, but like when I tried the more bass light P1 planar I had to use the peq on neutron to get them to sound similar to what I'm used to- akt8ieii

The fiio eq and hiby eq didn't cut it. In the end they hurt my ears so it doesn't matter, but I do like the precision and flexibility of that peq. But I agree, over all, the fiio app is the overall best. The UI is so fast and fluid. Still cool I can have multiple players.

Jul 21, 2019 at 5:26 PM Post #4,353 of 9,288
What was your neutron hires driver doing? Were you using the 64bit version? Not had any problems. I also have it maxed out (for m11 dacs) outputting everything at 32bit 384khz :L3000:
It was glitching and misbehaving, although to be fair I only briefly tried it and didn’t bother to troubleshoot. The UI was so ugly compared to any other player I just deleted it since I knew I’d never use it.

Jul 21, 2019 at 5:32 PM Post #4,356 of 9,288
The gui is bit odd to start with but i've modified it and like it now. It really is the best sounding most powerfull app. The 64bit DSP PEQ is amazing. Glitch free here :L3000: I was ready for selling mine straight away when I used it with fiio music :ksc75smile:

Jul 21, 2019 at 8:01 PM Post #4,358 of 9,288
Does the app do sorting by Album Artist? Tried a quick Google search and the most recent result was from 2012, where people were saying it wasn't functioning properly.
In browser settings under artist is an option to only show album artist. Hope this helps.
20190721_185925.jpg

Jul 21, 2019 at 11:11 PM Post #4,360 of 9,288
Man, the BT function really is very battery efficient. Connected to my car for 2 hours on the road with only 1% consumption. Haven’t tried with any BT iem or HP though. Pretty impressive.

Jul 22, 2019 at 1:39 AM Post #4,362 of 9,288
Now i have officially joined this gathering.
Got myself my FiiO M11 and a pair of FiiO FH5.
Congrats on the new toys. How are they so far?

Jul 22, 2019 at 2:38 AM Post #4,363 of 9,288
Congrats on the new toys. How are they so far?

I'm still trying to learn the gestures but i like it so far, its very responsive and fast. Its my first dap since 15 years. I don't have an extensive library of music (yet) so i mostly use Spotify. The M11 and the FH5 are high-end for me. I cant afford anything more expensive, but with all these features and sound signature i don't have to! :)
The FH5 were a bit tricky to find a good seal with so i was missing a lot of bass, but after much trial and error i figured out that i have to use foam tips to get a good seal. Now it sounds like i want it. I guess im a bit of a "basshead". :p

Full-Size-Render.jpg

IMG-0323.jpg

Last edited:
Jul 22, 2019 at 7:22 AM Post #4,364 of 9,288
Hello there. I have got some proposals (and issues found) for Fiio App on M11.

1. First of all, would you be able to modify (or give us a possibility to change it) a way how Artist shortcut works when accessing from Now Playing screen? Now it shows all Tracks of current Artist in alphabetical order. I will be pleased to see all albums of current Artist, eventually list of all albums and all tracks (similar way as eg. Tidal does it). Now, from my point of view, this list is a little useless. Please, add such functionality here.

2. Maybe add us possibility to go directly to current track album using three dots shortcut on a tracks list? Now, there are 'Add to Favourite', 'Add to Playlist', 'Check track info', 'Delete song' and 'WiFi music transfer' shortcuts. 'Go to Artist' and 'Go to Album' would be very helpfull there too. 'Album' shortcut is available from three dots menu in 'Now Playing' screen and it is vere pleased to see it there. I found now that Album shortcut is also available by pressing album name above the playing buttons. Nice.

3. I found that gesture of hiding Now Playing screen by swiping down is very sensitive, I have a lot of non-swipe gestures activated when accessing three dots menu from Now Playing screen, or when trying to press other buttons here.

That is all for now. Hope your guys enyoing this great device!

Jul 22, 2019 at 10:07 AM Post #4,365 of 9,288
Man, the BT function really is very battery efficient. Connected to my car for 2 hours on the road with only 1% consumption. Haven’t tried with any BT iem or HP though. Pretty impressive.
Agreed. Last week, I charged my M11 on Sunday. Listened for 4 hours at the airport/on the plane via HO on Monday

Listened for 6 hours per day via BT to Astro A38 Tuesday Wednesday and Thursday.

Listened for an additional 1-2 hours per day Tuesday Wednesday and Thursday night while falling asleep via BT to Fiio fa1 on rc-bt. Player stayed in my bag on sleep all day Friday. When I took it out to load some more music on Saturday, player still had 9% battery.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back