[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
Jul 22, 2019 at 11:52 PM Post #4,381 of 9,288
When do you intend to fix usb lag? I wanted a player purely for Ldac transmission, and luckily I found out it lags before purchasing.

Since you're one of the few devices that can transmit pc audio over ldac, it'd be beneficial if you fixed this.

Jul 23, 2019 at 2:30 AM Post #4,382 of 9,288
ACAA5157-9BD5-49C9-85A2-B3E4AD217D3D.jpeg

Here we go again guys...

Jul 23, 2019 at 3:47 AM Post #4,383 of 9,288
Jul 23, 2019 at 3:50 AM Post #4,385 of 9,288
Any other changes aside feom the dac chip?
Yes ^^, THX AAA amps like the AM3D. Not sure what else, I guess we'll find out this weekend. I hazard if the above is all that's changed, it doesn't merit an upgrade if you already have and are happy with the M11.

Jul 23, 2019 at 3:56 AM Post #4,386 of 9,288
Yes ^^, THX AAA amps like the AM3D. Not sure what else, I guess we'll find out this weekend. I hazard if the above is all that's changed, it doesn't merit an upgrade if you already have and are happy with the M11.

Aye I have basically been wearing horse blinkers and will continue to do so until it's released to resist the urge to buy another DAP, With dual ak4497 and THX AAA gotta think it'll be slapping A&K down I cant wait :)

Juj

Jul 23, 2019 at 4:27 AM Post #4,387 of 9,288
Aye I have basically been wearing horse blinkers and will continue to do so until it's released to resist the urge to buy another DAP, With dual ak4497 and THX AAA gotta think it'll be slapping A&K down I cant wait :)

Juj
Likewise, my hope for the Pro is that it cuts down those "overpriced" DAPs at the knees and leaves no room for argument about SQ superiority to just about any sub-$1,000 DAP. Mind you that already sounds like the M11, so the PRO will just be the final nail in that coffin :p

Jul 23, 2019 at 5:26 AM Post #4,389 of 9,288
Seems like FiiO just keeps releasing hardware

Bought M7 to find M6 released 1 month later with more features

I’m holding off all DAP purchases now
To be fair, they did 'announce' most of these new DAPs earlier this year already. You'd have to follow these forums and their Facebook page to know that, but then many enthusiasts do. For example the M11 PRO will likely be followed by the M15 with dual AK4499 DACs, and will be the 'flagship' of the M-line.

If you break it down, their DAP roadmap is fairly simple: M6/M7/M9 make up the entry-level/midrange, all based on the same or similar SoC platform, and the M11/M11PRO/M15 make up the mid-to-high-end, all featuring the same Samsung SoC. So a total of six DAPs that cover all bases and cost points, which for a large Chinese company like FiiO isn't OTT.

By contrast A&K has FOUR different DAP tiers (A&ultima, A&futura, A&norma and KANN), each with their own variant models. Shanling has 6 different DAPs (at current count), and as does Cayin. I actually think FiiO have the most clearly laid-out lineup based on budget/need, and easily offer the best bang-for-buck based on what you're getting, exemplified by the M11 (which at $450 is my sweet spot price for a portable player). In fact until the M11 was released, $450 would buy you a very underwhelming DAP, certainly compared to the M11. Now you'd need to spend over double that to get anything similar in features and quality, which to me represents exceptional value.

The great thing about FiiO releasing their higher-end DAPs at previously midrange pricing is that other manufacturers have to follow suit, or at least work much harder to improve their higher-priced players.

Jul 23, 2019 at 5:33 AM Post #4,390 of 9,288
To be fair, they did 'announce' most of these new DAPs earlier this year already. You'd have to follow these forums and their Facebook page to know that, but then many enthusiasts do. For example the M11 PRO will likely be followed by the M15 with dual AK4499 DACs, and will be the 'flagship' of the M-line.

If you break it down, their DAP roadmap is fairly simple: M6/M7/M9 make up the entry-level/midrange, all based on the same or similar SoC platform, and the M11/M11PRO/M15 make up the mid-to-high-end, all featuring the same Samsung SoC. So a total of six DAPs that cover all bases and cost points, which for a large Chinese company like FiiO isn't OTT.

By contrast A&K has FOUR different DAP tiers (A&ultima, A&futura, A&norma and KANN), each with their own variant models. Shanling has 6 different DAPs (at current count), and as does Cayin. I actually think FiiO have the most clearly laid-out lineup based on budget/need, and easily offer the best bang-for-buck based on what you're getting, exemplified by the M11 (which at $450 is my sweet spot price for a portable player). In fact until the M11 was released, $450 would buy you a very underwhelming DAP, certainly compared to the M11. Now you'd need to spend over double that to get anything similar in features and quality, which to me represents exceptional value.

The great thing about FiiO releasing their higher-end DAPs at previously midrange pricing is that other manufacturers have to follow suit, or at least work much harder to improve their higher-priced players.

I feel FiiO are one of the best bang for buck companies out.

:p :)

Juj

Jul 23, 2019 at 6:35 AM Post #4,392 of 9,288
Jul 23, 2019 at 8:44 AM Post #4,394 of 9,288

Right now the N6II sounding better than the M11.

Jul 23, 2019 at 9:25 AM Post #4,395 of 9,288
Right now the N6II sounding better than the M11.
I’d hope so for almost three times the price! I’d be pissed if it didn’t. Here’s hoping the M11 PRO and M15 manage to push past the like of the N6ii for far less money, because that will be good for everyone (well, everyone except those banking on current high-end dap profits).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back