1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

FiiO M11-Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by FiiO, Mar 19, 2019.
Tags:
First

Back
280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289
291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300
Next

Last
  1. fatmanny
    Really? I way more prefer sorting by track number.

2. zeroselect
    I cycle around from Fiio App, HiBy, and jetAudio+

3. gLer
    Do you know if Playerpro bypasses the Android SRC? If not, you’re not making full use of the M11’s hardware, in which case the FiiO app will always sound better.

4. Jujoe
    Been looking for a an answer to this and all I could find was this.

Re: The option to enable the DSP pack without enabling…

[​IMG]by playerpro » Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:56 am

Hello,

This is the behaviour indeed. If the sample rate of your songs matches your phone's DAC sample rate, nothing will happen. Otherwise, resampling is mandatory.

Rgds,

Hope this helps

Juj

5. steamboiled
    Anyone having issues activating poweramp v3 directly in the M11? Just bought the app today and loaded it thru APKPure.

Update: Nevermind, poweramp fixed it for me. Got some issue with my email.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2019
  6. Currawong Contributor
    I lost the quote, but why would anyone buy an M11 to use with a Q5? The M11 has better audio quality. Even if you do use an AM3D, you're limited by the DAC in the Q5.

dsrk and zeroselect like this.
  7. SteveS108
    20190721_035854.jpg 20190721_035932.jpg 20190721_035937.jpg 20190721_040111.jpg re: display anomalies

It seems as if I'm experiencing the same issue I had with the iBasso DX80 I owned in the past, ie vertical lines in the display. I just can't win for losing it seems! I have included images of the screen I have taken. I noticed it when I first powered the device on but didn't know if it was part of the theme. I have tried various themes and this issue remains. I'm fairly confident this is an anomaly and not normal behavior of the display.

When I take screenshots with the device itself the resulting screenshots do not show any of these lines, just what it ought to look like. It doesn't appear that way, however, from the display live to my eyes (so must be a display issue). I have factory reset it and the issue remains. My iBasso was doing this, a little at first and then within minutes the entire screen became a jumbled mess and impossible to navigate within. I'd rather not take the risk and experience this all over again. I have included images taken from my phone of the display.

The sound quality is exceptional, however!

8. Jujoe
    Wow never seen this and such a shame as the screen is lush, I'd be looking at replacment to be honest buddy. Get on the blower to the seller :)

Juj

abitdeef likes this.
  9. zeroselect
    Damn that sux. This is not the norm.

10. abitdeef
    Yes not normal at all, the screen is stellar. I agree, he should send it back asap.

11. EvilJesus
    This then would be the case with all third party apps whether it's Tidal, Hiby, etc. The same debate was on the forum for the Pioneer 100. I personally don't hear that much difference between any of the players I've used. Try for yourself and tell us what you think.

12. abitdeef
    As far as I understand, hiby bypasses src and neutron by design. I do hear slight differences between players and stock I would say the fiio player sounds the most 'exciting' or a bit more vibrant and the neutron sounds a little less digital. The hiby stock to me sounds very close to the fiio imo.

So even if the other two aren't bypassing src, they still sound great.

And of course hiby and neutron have better eq/dsp capabilities.

dsrk likes this.
  13. dsrk
    Yes, all the players sound different from each other. The difference is subtle but it's there.

abitdeef likes this.
  14. Tuneslover
    I have been using the coaxial out of the X5ii into a Schiit Modi MB and on to a Project Ember and HD58X in my bedside setup. Yesterday I eagerly tried my new FiiO M11 with my bedside rig and I was disappointed in the sound. The sound was lacking in bass (when compared to going Headphone Out of the M11 itself) and clarity of mids and treble was off...almost sounded distorted. So, I re-booted the Modi MB to see if that would clear up the sound but alas no improvement in the sound.

Prior to that I listened to the M11 (coaxial out) into the SMSL SU-8 and then on to the original Schiit Jotunheim with HD650, HD58X and HE500. This setup sounded extremely good with all 3 headphones. Finally, I tested the M11 on my last setup, once again with coaxial out from the M11 into another Modi MB and Lake People G109S with HD58X, also sounded very good.

This morning I decided to swap out Modi MB with a Schiit Bifrost 4490. That worked nicely producing a nice full and clear sound like my other 2 setups. Funny, the X5ii sounded perfectly normal with the Modi MB & Ember combo. Maybe I'll swap Modi MB's (from the Lake People setup) to see if that reveals anything.

jaxz likes this.
  15. JRichardson1228
    Does the app do sorting by Album Artist? Tried a quick Google search and the most recent result was from 2012, where people were saying it wasn't functioning properly.

First

Back
280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289
291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300
Next

Last