[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
Jun 15, 2019 at 10:37 PM Post #3,061 of 9,288
Android/data/com.fiio.music/files/playlist/

I have no clue on how to make a playlist for it on pc.

Thanks! Looks like it’s encrypted so better use the tool mentioned earlier.

I got a playlist working across two SD cards so no problem there. I can see why this could be hard without documentation and well laid out tool. I got some learning to do :)

Jun 15, 2019 at 11:46 PM Post #3,062 of 9,288
PW Audio
Included with the "JP" version of the amp
https://www.en.oriolus.jp/product-page/ba300sJPversion

That's unfortunate. Seems like the cable was made specifically for the JP model and isn't available anywhere else.

Anyone know of a 4.4 male to 4.4 male connector? I was looking around online and all I was finding was male to female. I was interested in the possibility of the Oriolus as a companion to the M11, but it's nothing more than a black brick if there isn't anything to connect the two lol.

Jun 16, 2019 at 1:45 AM Post #3,063 of 9,288
That's unfortunate. Seems like the cable was made specifically for the JP model and isn't available anywhere else.

Anyone know of a 4.4 male to 4.4 male connector? I was looking around online and all I was finding was male to female. I was interested in the possibility of the Oriolus as a companion to the M11, but it's nothing more than a black brick if there isn't anything to connect the two lol.
This is exactly what I'm planning to do, and I'm also looking for a 4.4 to 4.4

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2019 at 2:19 AM Post #3,064 of 9,288
I feel stupid asking this but..........can anyone get Snapchat working? The only reason I use that stupid app is I have a group chat on there. I don't know if it needs Google Play Services but it's not working to log in.

Jun 16, 2019 at 6:21 AM Post #3,066 of 9,288
Ak has even more limited android support and Sony has none atm. So here's the bottom line, Fiio said upfront it doesn't support Google play, so there's that- I can see being upset if they weren't upfront about it. Also I have everything working video wise that you said doesn't work, I don't know what to tell you there.

So what features is this player lacking that's advertised???

I can't understand being upset or disappointed because it doesn't support Google when fiio is up front with that. It makes no sense to bitch about it.

Yes without PS support you might have to use another version of an app or imploy other methods to get it to work, that's just how it is. And I only know of one app I can't get to work and that's uaap. But again fiio is upfront with the no PS support. So I guess that's what I don't understand.

Honestly I'd say return it and get r6 if you want full Google support. Or get cayin n6ii.
Not really sure how you ended up contributing that quote to me, as it was someone else who posted it.

Anyway, the thing to note with the M11 is that while it is an Android device, it does not offer the usual Android experience and that can take people by surprise even if they know beforehand that there is no Google Play store support. Some people will readily adjust to that, but not everyone will find it easy. I use an Android phone, but the M11 feels very different because it does not work as seamlessly. I don't find it surprising that for some people it is more of an issue than for others and that is important feedback for FiiO as well because they can use that in the next steps of developing firmware, new products and review how they communicate about their products.
I spent the better part of a week asking those who already had the M11 if and how well it runs the key apps I needed it to run BEFORE deciding to buy it. It’s really not rocket science. You could have and should have done the same.

So do yourself a favour next time and do your homework instead of airing out your buyer’s remorse with your so-called ‘deal breaker’ ultimatums. If you don’t like the M11, and it doesn’t do what you want it to, return it. But don’t blame FiiO for your own tardiness.
I don't think that is entirely fair. I think that most people will not have the time, nor the inclination to spend a week asking questions on a forum about a product. That has nothing to do with tardiness, but is simply not a sensible use of time unless you happen to be an audiophile and you really want to research a piece of new gear you are interested in because the research is part of your hobby. Moreover, what does it say about a product when it requires a week's worth of questions on a forum to understand its limitations and figure out how to make things work? To me that suggests that the product is not working seamlessly, and the M11 doesn't when I compare it to my phone. Why would that be a problem to point out on a forum specifically aimed at discussing the product? Like I said above, that is important feedback for FiiO as well and should not be suppressed by peer pressure because it will allow FiiO to address those issues so they can improve their products for a larger range of potential customers.

Perhaps the harsh language was the problem? I don't like that either, but then again, when I see reviewers use hyperbole to criticise TOTL products they are being hailed as "very objective", whereas it is somehow unacceptable for people who actually bought the product to do the same?

Don't get me wrong, I really like the M11 and am enjoying working on my review, but it is important for manufacturers and the community that people can freely point out problems they have without getting a backlash from others.

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2019 at 6:22 AM Post #3,067 of 9,288
can m11 run apple music? anyone tried?

Fiio stated that Apple Music and its related services would not be available on the M11
HTB1V6OqPmzqK1RjSZPcq6zTepXao.jpg

Juj

Jun 16, 2019 at 6:35 AM Post #3,068 of 9,288
I think best for all of us would be if Fiio let people decide with open bootloader with possibility to root and do what ever people want to do as they need. Ibasso let people to do it.why we can have it. I love this device but it need open firmware so people who needs Google play services or any other fix will be able to do so. In 2019 have closed platform without Google is non sense.

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2019 at 6:59 AM Post #3,069 of 9,288
Not really sure how you ended up contributing that quote to me, as it was someone else who posted it.

Anyway, the thing to note with the M11 is that while it is an Android device, it does not offer the usual Android experience and that can take people by surprise even if they know beforehand that there is no Google Play store support. Some people will readily adjust to that, but not everyone will find it easy. I use an Android phone, but the M11 feels very different because it does not work as seamlessly. I don't find it surprising that for some people it is more of an issue than for others and that is important feedback for FiiO as well because they can use that in the next steps of developing firmware, new products and review how they communicate about their products.

I don't think that is entirely fair. I think that most people will not have the time, nor the inclination to spend a week asking questions on a forum about a product. That has nothing to do with tardiness, but is simply not a sensible use of time unless you happen to be an audiophile and you really want to research a piece of new gear you are interested in because the research is part of your hobby. Moreover, what does it say about a product when it requires a week's worth of questions on a forum to understand its limitation and figure out how to make things work? To me that suggests that the product is not working seamlessly and the M11 doesn't when I compare it to my phone. Why would that be a problem to point out on a forum specifically aimed at discussing the product? Like I said above, that is important feedback for FiiO as well and should not be suppressed by peer pressure because it will allow FiiO to address those issues so they can improve their products for a larger range of potential customers.

Perhaps the harsh language was the problem? I don't like that either, but then again, when I see reviewers use hyperbole to criticise TOTL products they are being hailed as "very objective", whereas it is somehow unacceptable for people who actually bought the product to do the same?

Don't get me wrong, I really like the M11 and am enjoying working on my review, but it is important for manufacturers and the community that people can freely point out problems they have without getting a backlash from others.

Here's the problem, the Samsung chip fiio decided to use is limited by Samsung to android 7, Google now doesn't support android 7 with gp services. Most people that spend this kind of money on a dap are pretty much aware of android limitations on daps- it's nothing new. Very few have Google play services, especially now since Google is only supporting the latest android os.

Yes sometimes you have to use an older apk or wait for and update, but honestly if you're spending this kind of money on a dap- it's for sound mostly. If you want a pure android device you have your phone, or you can buy a cheap tablet for way less than 450 dollars.

I haven't been to a dap thread yet that people weren't complaining about android implementation. Unless the manufacturer buys a newer chipset that's supporting pie or later Google play won't be officially supported by Google. Easy for huge phone companies, harder for smaller dap companies.

Not giving any excuses, it's just how it is, r6 got gp licences before Google changed it's policies. So much for an open platform. As I said before it's been discussed ad nauseam just in this thread alone. So it's no big mystery to us lol.

Anyways, I'm glad he got his playlist problem sorted and im sure he will enjoy the heck out of his m11.

Jun 16, 2019 at 7:03 AM Post #3,070 of 9,288
I think best for all of us would be if Fiio let people decide with open bootloader with possibility to root and do what ever people want to do as they need. Ibasso let people to do it.why we can have it. I love this device but it need open firmware so people who needs Google play services or any other fix will be able to do so. In 2019 have closed platform without Google is non sense.

Hang tight, hopefully that will happen soon- one way or another :wink: probably not on fiios end though

Jun 16, 2019 at 7:08 AM Post #3,071 of 9,288
Ok no 4.4mm male to male I was just posting rubish sorry

Juj

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2019 at 7:14 AM Post #3,072 of 9,288
As I really enjoy the lows from the ZX - W60 pairing I thought I'd listen with them through the M11, but they sounded thinner and some of the impact was lost. Hooked up the Andromeda's, which I considered bass light, and wow no problem with bass now, I'm wondering what happened, how could bass change so much between these players?
So I'm using W60 just with ZX and Andro's will stay with M11. I'm discovering just how good the Andro's are now.

Jun 16, 2019 at 7:16 AM Post #3,073 of 9,288
Here's the problem, the Samsung chip fiio decided to use is limited by Samsung to android 7, Google now doesn't support android 7 with gp services. Most people that spend this kind of money on a dap are pretty much aware of android limitations on daps- it's nothing new. Very few have Google play services, especially now since Google is only supporting the latest android os.

Yes sometimes you have to use an older apk or wait for and update, but honestly if you're spending this kind of money on a dap- it's for sound mostly. If you want a pure android device you have your phone, or you can buy a cheap tablet for way less than 450 dollars.

I haven't been to a dap thread yet that people weren't complaining about android implementation. Unless the manufacturer buys a newer chipset that's supporting pie or later Google play won't be officially supported by Google. Easy for huge phone companies, harder for smaller dap companies.

Not giving any excuses, it's just how it is, r6 got gp licences before Google changed it's policies. So much for an open platform. As I said before it's been discussed ad nauseam just in this thread alone. So it's no big mystery to us lol.

Anyways, I'm glad he got his playlist problem sorted and im sure he will enjoy the heck out of his m11.
Yeah, completely understand and that is why I commented earlier on that it is early days yet with FiiO continuing to improve and refine through firmware updates and perhaps at some point that Google will ease things up a bit (not holding my breath for that though). I think FiiO made a good choice here to be progressive and try to modernise DAPs with a lot more flexibility. It is just that people need to be aware that it is not all functioning optimally yet and community feedback will be important for FiiO to continue to refine the platform. I am certainly looking forward to seeing what will come later this year (I believe 2 or 3 higher-end DAPs are in development).

At the end of the day, sound is indeed most important and as a pure DAP the M11 does a great job. I don't think anyone will disagree with that. :)

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2019 at 7:55 AM Post #3,075 of 9,288
Good people, let us not turn this into a Pro M11 vs Anti M11 thread but I don't imagine anyone here being totally "Anti". If you bought the device and are complaining (even a lot at times), you still bought the device because you believe it could give you what you need somehow. It just did not meet your full expectations. I'll list some things that might help:

1. The M11 is NOT stock Android. I know 100%. I owned a Nokia 5 and that phone is Android One certified (devices that are stock Android, no bloatware from the phone manufacturer). Stock Android devices also get the first Android updates all the time (e.g. they get the first release of Android 9, coming from Android 8, etc.). Bad news (or not) is the M11 is even MORE BAREBONES than stock Android. It is fully optimized for music playback. And since Fiio is open about this, even on the product page, it is not fair to call this as a con against Fiio. Its very limited capabilities are to be expected - coming from a long time Android user.

2. If you have suggestions that can improve functionality, agents (maybe even some of them are actual engineers), Fiio is reasonably responsive on their FB page. Just send them a PM. I'd say response times vary from 24 to 72 hours but we need to understand that they may still be strengthening their social media management support. I sent several suggestions and never been ignored. They specify what they can address and what they cannot.

3. Suggestions for improvements must be reasonable to say the least. I believe I read somewhere someone requesting a "double tap to sleep" to complement the double tap to wake function. Ridiculous right? If you're device is not asleep, you're probably using it, screen open. If you double tap, you might tap and trigger something. Just an example. BUT if Fiio agrees for some reason, why not?

4. Examples I requested are:
a. The ability to add folders into playlists, not just songs (this can be done in the Hiby app)
b. All the artist's songs to display when tapping the artist in Artist view (currently it shows albums and/or folders, which is similar to the Folder view)
c. Having the multi-select button available even after you scroll down a list (currently stays on top)

5. Fiio to get full Google Play and Services certification on subsequent devices, or at least use a SoC that supports this. I believe it was explained on the Fiio forums that what they've decided to use ONLY comes with Android 7 and no later versions could be installed.

6. Lastly, hidden as a system app (you can also find it as a widget) is Viper Hifi. If it's the same Viper app that a lot of you love using, it comes pre-installed. I don't use it though so please check on your own.

That's it. Happy listening everyone!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back