1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

FiiO M11-Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by FiiO, Mar 19, 2019.
Tags:
First

Back
195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204
206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215
Next

Last
  1. zeroselect
    Android/data/com.fiio.music/files/playlist/

I have no clue on how to make a playlist for it on pc.

Ojisan likes this.
  2. Ojisan
    Thanks! Looks like it’s encrypted so better use the tool mentioned earlier.

I got a playlist working across two SD cards so no problem there. I can see why this could be hard without documentation and well laid out tool. I got some learning to do :)

3. JRichardson1228
    That's unfortunate. Seems like the cable was made specifically for the JP model and isn't available anywhere else.

Anyone know of a 4.4 male to 4.4 male connector? I was looking around online and all I was finding was male to female. I was interested in the possibility of the Oriolus as a companion to the M11, but it's nothing more than a black brick if there isn't anything to connect the two lol.

4. gazzington
    This is exactly what I'm planning to do, and I'm also looking for a 4.4 to 4.4

Last edited: Jun 16, 2019
  5. fatmanny
    I feel stupid asking this but..........can anyone get Snapchat working? The only reason I use that stupid app is I have a group chat on there. I don't know if it needs Google Play Services but it's not working to log in.

6. hellfire8888
    can m11 run apple music? anyone tried?

7. Wyville
    Not really sure how you ended up contributing that quote to me, as it was someone else who posted it.

Anyway, the thing to note with the M11 is that while it is an Android device, it does not offer the usual Android experience and that can take people by surprise even if they know beforehand that there is no Google Play store support. Some people will readily adjust to that, but not everyone will find it easy. I use an Android phone, but the M11 feels very different because it does not work as seamlessly. I don't find it surprising that for some people it is more of an issue than for others and that is important feedback for FiiO as well because they can use that in the next steps of developing firmware, new products and review how they communicate about their products.
    I don't think that is entirely fair. I think that most people will not have the time, nor the inclination to spend a week asking questions on a forum about a product. That has nothing to do with tardiness, but is simply not a sensible use of time unless you happen to be an audiophile and you really want to research a piece of new gear you are interested in because the research is part of your hobby. Moreover, what does it say about a product when it requires a week's worth of questions on a forum to understand its limitations and figure out how to make things work? To me that suggests that the product is not working seamlessly, and the M11 doesn't when I compare it to my phone. Why would that be a problem to point out on a forum specifically aimed at discussing the product? Like I said above, that is important feedback for FiiO as well and should not be suppressed by peer pressure because it will allow FiiO to address those issues so they can improve their products for a larger range of potential customers.

Perhaps the harsh language was the problem? I don't like that either, but then again, when I see reviewers use hyperbole to criticise TOTL products they are being hailed as "very objective", whereas it is somehow unacceptable for people who actually bought the product to do the same?

Don't get me wrong, I really like the M11 and am enjoying working on my review, but it is important for manufacturers and the community that people can freely point out problems they have without getting a backlash from others.

showme99, CackalackyKen, gLer and 2 others like this.
  8. Jujoe
    Fiio stated that Apple Music and its related services would not be available on the M11
    [​IMG]

Juj

9. xkoo
    I think best for all of us would be if Fiio let people decide with open bootloader with possibility to root and do what ever people want to do as they need. Ibasso let people to do it.why we can have it. I love this device but it need open firmware so people who needs Google play services or any other fix will be able to do so. In 2019 have closed platform without Google is non sense.

10. abitdeef
    Here's the problem, the Samsung chip fiio decided to use is limited by Samsung to android 7, Google now doesn't support android 7 with gp services. Most people that spend this kind of money on a dap are pretty much aware of android limitations on daps- it's nothing new. Very few have Google play services, especially now since Google is only supporting the latest android os.

Yes sometimes you have to use an older apk or wait for and update, but honestly if you're spending this kind of money on a dap- it's for sound mostly. If you want a pure android device you have your phone, or you can buy a cheap tablet for way less than 450 dollars.

I haven't been to a dap thread yet that people weren't complaining about android implementation. Unless the manufacturer buys a newer chipset that's supporting pie or later Google play won't be officially supported by Google. Easy for huge phone companies, harder for smaller dap companies.

Not giving any excuses, it's just how it is, r6 got gp licences before Google changed it's policies. So much for an open platform. As I said before it's been discussed ad nauseam just in this thread alone. So it's no big mystery to us lol.

Anyways, I'm glad he got his playlist problem sorted and im sure he will enjoy the heck out of his m11.

davidcotton and Wyville like this.
  11. abitdeef
    Hang tight, hopefully that will happen soon- one way or another :wink: probably not on fiios end though

12. Jujoe
    Ok no 4.4mm male to male I was just posting rubish sorry

Juj

13. Ryokan
    As I really enjoy the lows from the ZX - W60 pairing I thought I'd listen with them through the M11, but they sounded thinner and some of the impact was lost. Hooked up the Andromeda's, which I considered bass light, and wow no problem with bass now, I'm wondering what happened, how could bass change so much between these players?
    So I'm using W60 just with ZX and Andro's will stay with M11. I'm discovering just how good the Andro's are now.

14. Wyville
    Yeah, completely understand and that is why I commented earlier on that it is early days yet with FiiO continuing to improve and refine through firmware updates and perhaps at some point that Google will ease things up a bit (not holding my breath for that though). I think FiiO made a good choice here to be progressive and try to modernise DAPs with a lot more flexibility. It is just that people need to be aware that it is not all functioning optimally yet and community feedback will be important for FiiO to continue to refine the platform. I am certainly looking forward to seeing what will come later this year (I believe 2 or 3 higher-end DAPs are in development).

At the end of the day, sound is indeed most important and as a pure DAP the M11 does a great job. I don't think anyone will disagree with that. :)

15. Jujoe
First

Back
195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204
206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215
Next

Last