1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

FiiO M11-Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by FiiO, Mar 19, 2019.
Tags:
First

Back
193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202
204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213
Next

Last
  1. Jujoe
    [​IMG]

JRichardson1228, abirdie4me and gLer like this.
  2. zeroselect
    Yeah works fine.

Just download with APKPure regular Netflix. Run Netflix, you will get a prompt that the current won't work and a link to:
    https://help.netflix.com/en/node/57688

From here just follow the instruction from here.

BadReligionPunk and Jujoe like this.
  3. Jujoe
    DSC_0004.JPG This button will import a playlist thats been saved to an sd card via musicbee

Hope this helps others

Juj

4. brownpigeon
    Managed to get YouTube working on my M11 with YouTube Vanced (thanks to a friend's recommendation!) :D

5. Jcar
    I did research. I checked on APK Pure before buying to see which apps it had, and it had most of the the apps I wanted, so I assumed they would all work without Play. However, that isn't the case. Many apps on APK Pure will give you an error message stating they need Google Play to work. So it's a total black box which apps will work and which ones don't.

My main gripe is that I just bought an Android that doesn't work as an Android. I bought the M11 primarily for music, but since it's an android with reasonably fast processor and memory, it would be nice if I could use it for other things that you typically use an android for. That's why I paid $500 for it. If I wanted a pure music player, I would have gotten one for half the price.

What do features matter if they don't work? As I said earlier in the thread, the M11 works fine if you aren't using external playlists and just want to either listen to albums one at a time, or go through the arduous task of creating in-player playlists, but you can do both of those things with myriad players that are way cheaper.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2019
  6. Jcar
    Does this playlist span across 2 micro-sd cards? Or is all the music on just one card? I ask because I tried it on my M11, and the player will detect the external playlist, but the import won't work.

I'm talking about external playlists, not the ones created internally. I am assuming that it's possible for external playlists to span across 2 Micro-SD cards on the M11, mainly because all of Fiio's other players could do this. However, this typically requires you to set non-relative paths for each SD Card in your playlist. The non-relative paths for the M11 apparently aren't the same as the x5iii, so that's what I'm trying to figure out. No one seems to know, however.

7. Jujoe
    Sorry I only have one card to use, but think someone said it would a few posts ago.

Juj

8. Jcar
    Thanks for being the only person to reply reasonably, rather than just calling me a troll. Honestly, I'll keep the player if I can figure out how to create external playlists for it within the next 48 hours, as I really only care about a pure music player and it will be a hassle to send back. I seem to be the only M11 user who uses playlists that span across 2 SD cards, however, so no one seems to know. Maybe I will ask outside this thread. It's possible there are other android DAPs that people have solved the issue on.

9. abitdeef
    You cannot buy anything that sounds this good for half the price. And it's not going to become a brick if it doesn't get Google play support. I could give a **** less if it ever gets it, I've got a phone that's got a better bigger screen and a faster processor that's also lighter to hold than m11.

But it doesn't sound as near as good, so there you go. You didn't get burned, fiio never said it would run everything android. Just return it and be done with it.

10. abitdeef
    Lol I'm sorry, but after all that belly aching about android not working properly now you only care about a 'pure music player'.

Hmmm.

11. Wyville
    I understand the frustration because I am also somewhat disappointed by the limited functionality of the open Android OS on the M11 and as a reviewer I feel it is important to be honest about that. I think there is a risk that people underestimate how different the Android experience is without Google Play store support. If I would ignore that, I would not be doing a good job on my review.

I can’t help you with the 2 SD card question because I only use a single SD card (don’t have a huge collection of music and only few DSD files).

I do hope you can get the M11 to work for you. As a pure DAP it still has a lot to offer.

Jupiterknight and Jcar like this.
  12. Jcar
    As I said, I bought it for its music capabilities, but would like the Android functions to work as well, since they are there and since they are part of the justification for its price. It'd be neat if I could easily use the M11 for popular android apps without having to trouble shoot each one just to install it.

I love portable audio players, but am realistic about the fact that barring Astel&Kern or Sony (which tend to be absurdly expensive), only a few, niche, Chinese companies are making them these days, so all will come with their own issues and drawbacks. I agree that Fiio's DAPs tend to be the best on a cost/feature ratio. This doesn't mean I'm not going to complain when they don't work or come with serious usability issues (as every Fiio DAP I've ever owned has). I was just hoping that the M11 would be the first of their players to live up to the expectations of what its features suggest, but it's really not. With all of Fiio's DAPs, there's always a huge rift between what they seem to be on paper, and how they actually perform, and Fiio doesn't seem to have the resources to support them at a software/UI level (even though the audio-specific hardware on all their DAPs tends to be uniformly great). I do suspect that Fiio will finally release the player that I've hoped they would sometime in the next 5 years, but the M11 is definitely not it.

I don't know if I'll return it yet or not. I have a few ideas on how to resolve the absolute path issue for playlists, so we'll see. If I figure it out, I'll share.

13. abirdie4me
    The only really option at a reasonable price that both sounds good and can run every Android app would be any of the newer LG phones with the Quad DAC. You get the best of both worlds that way, great sound and a great screen for all the video apps/games. I'm selling my V35 because my company won't allow me to use it as a phone so I have to carry a Samsung phone anyway. But if I could use the V35, I never would have considered the M11.

14. abitdeef
    Ak has even more limited android support and Sony has none atm. So here's the bottom line, Fiio said upfront it doesn't support Google play, so there's that- I can see being upset if they weren't upfront about it. Also I have everything working video wise that you said doesn't work, I don't know what to tell you there.

So what features is this player lacking that's advertised???

I can't understand being upset or disappointed because it doesn't support Google when fiio is up front with that. It makes no sense to bitch about it.

Yes without PS support you might have to use another version of an app or imploy other methods to get it to work, that's just how it is. And I only know of one app I can't get to work and that's uaap. But again fiio is upfront with the no PS support. So I guess that's what I don't understand.

Honestly I'd say return it and get r6 if you want full Google support. Or get cayin n6ii.

15. zeroselect
    You know you can just use the HiByMusic App and import .m3u playlist or any other Music player app. You know your not restricted to only using the Fiio Music app.

If that is too difficult for you i think i have your next player.
    [​IMG]

hldn, CackalackyKen and abitdeef like this.
First

Back
193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202
204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213
Next

Last