[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
May 31, 2019 at 7:28 PM Post #1,801 of 9,288
Yeah the search is messed up, search FiiO M9 then click on the options and M11 is there.

Edit: FiiO M11 Android High Resolution Lossless Music Player with aptX, aptX HD, LDAC HiFi Bluetooth, USB Audio/DAC,DSD256 Support and WiFi Play Full Touch Screen https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07PLN4FF1/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_LOv8CbTSG4QN6 Here you go.

Thanks, I see it now.

One has to select Fiio M11 high resolution on the search prompt and it appears. Or alternately, search for the M9 and select M11 in the product page itself, as you suggested.

Last edited:
Jun 1, 2019 at 9:51 AM Post #1,804 of 9,288
Well, I have iPod Mini, iPod 5.5, Sony Nw-A45, Cayin N5. Axon 7m, And some cheappy Chinese Mahdi Dap. The Cayin N5 is by far the best dap I had, and was used the most. Mids forward Dap with good "energy". Received my M11 yesterday, and am blown away. Like its very noticeably better then N5. Still loading music and figuring this thing out but wow. Layering and stage is so good. Its also smoother then N5 and cant tell if there is any stand out frequencies. seems really balanced.

LOve It!

Jun 1, 2019 at 10:31 AM Post #1,806 of 9,288
Well, I have iPod Mini, iPod 5.5, Sony Nw-A45, Cayin N5. Axon 7m, And some cheappy Chinese Mahdi Dap. The Cayin N5 is by far the best dap I had, and was used the most. Mids forward Dap with good "energy". Received my M11 yesterday, and am blown away. Like its very noticeably better then N5. Still loading music and figuring this thing out but wow. Layering and stage is so good. Its also smoother then N5 and cant tell if there is any stand out frequencies. seems really balanced.

LOve It!

Coming primary from ak sr15 as what I had been using the most prior to m11 it is an 'eye opener' in every way compared to the ak. The bigger soundstage, more 3d like presentation hit me first. Sr15 stage isn't as big, bigger than m6 but not like m11.

Same way the dx220 stage hit me, and similar to the wm1a stage- very impressive at the price. I was thinking the dx220 might have more bass presence but honestly it was hard to tell. Since I initially received it it sounds a bit more refined and not as 'rough' sounding. I like that raw energy sometimes. :)

aff evo should be able to tell more with the more complex/revealing iems he's using.

But the UI speed and smoothness, well I don't think I could ever go back to other daps. Unless they sounded substantially better and weren't crazily priced.

Fiio has a nice dap here for a good value and I hope the next 2 follow the same trend.

Jun 1, 2019 at 10:59 AM Post #1,807 of 9,288
What iems, headphones you are using? so hearing this difference. Wondering what "level" of iems are needed to open all potential of m11. By the way, happy to hear one more happy m11 owner :) this shows how good m11 is

Just using $50 chifi(BQEYZ KC2) and $20 ****. Both are pretty balanced and both have pretty good detail retrieval. But yea, so far have not even broken out the more expensive stuff.

Did spend some time this morning on the same songs, going back and forth between m11 and N5, and the difference was very noticeable. Cayin is more closed in and congested sounding. Also more mids forward, not as smooth. I LOVE my Cayin, but this thing is on a different level. I believe hawaiibadboy when he compares it to more expensive daps.

Jun 1, 2019 at 12:49 PM Post #1,808 of 9,288
Just bit the bullet for m11 as i find it to have a slightly wider soundstage, bass presence and deeper from my opus #1.

Would a 4.4mm balanced sound different from a 2 5mm balanced? Cureently using 2.5mm balanced toxic - Virus cable. Also, can i install hiby music via the apkpure app?

Lastly, any links for a better case like leather type? The plastic one seems fine to the touch for me but i dun mind a nicer case. Lol

Last edited:
Jun 1, 2019 at 12:59 PM Post #1,809 of 9,288
Just bit the bullet for m11 as i find it to have a slightly wider soundstage, bass presence and deeper from my opus #1.

Would a 4.4mm balanced sound different from a 2 5mm balanced? Cureently using 2.5mm balanced toxic - Virus cable. Also, can i install hiby music via the apkpure app?

Lastly, any links for a better case like leather type? The plastic one seems fine to the touch for me but i dun mind a nicer case. Lol
2.5 and 4.4 should be identical. Its just a more robust connection. 4.4 is just a beefy big jack. I have breathed on 2.5's and broken them. Very weak IMO.

Jun 1, 2019 at 1:10 PM Post #1,810 of 9,288

Hiby music works great, and here is a link for leather case, its also on Ali Express. Might order it myself, 25 dollars isn't bad for a real leather case. I usually pay 90 to 100 for Sony or ak cases. The tpu is functional but the dap has that high end feel :wink:

https://penonaudio.com/fiio-sk-m11.html

Last edited:
Jun 1, 2019 at 2:55 PM Post #1,811 of 9,288
Hiby music works great, and here is a link for leather case, its also on Ali Express. Might order it myself, 25 dollars isn't bad for a real leather case. I usually pay 90 to 100 for Sony or ak cases. The tpu is functional but the dap has that high end feel :wink:

https://penonaudio.com/fiio-sk-m11.html

Just a heads up, the case is synthetic leather. Still a nice case, but want to make sure you're aware before ordering.

Jun 1, 2019 at 3:18 PM Post #1,812 of 9,288
Just a heads up, the case is synthetic leather. Still a nice case, but want to make sure you're aware before ordering.

Wow that's really misleading then. I even think there's more info on the Ali Express page that makes it sound like soft natural supple leather.

Not that it matters much, my 90 dollar case for my ak sr15 wasn't leather but you knew that from the description. I don't think you should be able to call any synthetic case 'leather'.

How's the fit? I like a bit tighter low profile fit myself.

Last edited:
Jun 1, 2019 at 3:29 PM Post #1,813 of 9,288
@FiiO please make the search function of FiiO Music available on all screens. there's enough room to work with to have the little loop everywhere.

also does anyone have any experience with a case from the easecase seller on aliexpress? They have a customisable case for the M11 up on there which looks really nice.

Last edited:
Jun 1, 2019 at 6:24 PM Post #1,814 of 9,288
Wow that's really misleading then. I even think there's more info on the Ali Express page that makes it sound like soft natural supple leather.

Not that it matters much, my 90 dollar case for my ak sr15 wasn't leather but you knew that from the description. I don't think you should be able to call any synthetic case 'leather'.

How's the fit? I like a bit tighter low profile fit myself.

Fit is fantastic. Grips the player well and I don't have a problem pushing it out if needed. It won't slip out by any means. It's no lower profile than the TPU case and honestly probably a little less protective as it doesn't cover all sides like the TPU case. Personally, I really like it and was really happy with my purchase. As long as the material holds up over the next year until I can have a friend make me a case, it will have been well worth $25.

Jun 1, 2019 at 6:36 PM Post #1,815 of 9,288
Not seeing the M11 available on Amazon :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back