[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
Jun 2, 2019 at 3:14 AM Post #1,831 of 9,288
Since when can you use UAPP on the M11? As far as I am aware of, that's not an option, and one of the several reason I went to the R6 Pro instead.
I was able to load UAPP trial version on the M11. For some reason it had issues with playback of my high res files, with glitches and pops everywhere. Could be it needs device-specific drivers? In any case, based on the UI and overall experience, I was left scratching my head as to why this app is so highly regarded. For sure it wouldn't make me give up the M11!

Jun 2, 2019 at 4:57 AM Post #1,832 of 9,288
I was able to load UAPP trial version on the M11. For some reason it had issues with playback of my high res files, with glitches and pops everywhere. Could be it needs device-specific drivers? In any case, based on the UI and overall experience, I was left scratching my head as to why this app is so highly regarded. For sure it wouldn't make me give up the M11!
I believe so, there are options to tweak the High Resolution device (internal DAC) driver and mitigate possible issues, but I am not sure they are enabled on the trial version. Then there is also the fact that the FiiO M11 isn't officially supported on UAPP, I am not sure the AK4493 DAC is either.

I haven't spent enough time with FiiO music to dislike or like its interface, but from my experience with Hiby Music, here are my list of gripes with that one: it doesn't have a list view for albums, can't sort album or artists to your liking (like from most recently added), has a very odd alphabetical order that mixes Japanese characters (kanji and kana) as well as Hangul (Korean characters) totally out of order with no proper logic whatsoever, which makes it a pain to find non Occidental (other than simplified Chinese) albums and artists (which, it so happens, my library is full of), finally it takes too many steps to queue an album to last track on Hiby Music and it doesn't retain the queue when updated unless you save if as a playlist prior.

By comparison UAPP has all that, is straightforward with great granularity and sounds great. It even supports native DSD on the R6 Pro.

Jun 2, 2019 at 5:08 AM Post #1,833 of 9,288
hey guys planning on getting this, how well does it run, if i plug it straight to my pc?

i am upgrading from ipod classic how much difference will it be

i also want to pair this up with my hd800s on my pc, do i need anything else?

also on the go, does it need an external amp?

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2019 at 7:44 AM Post #1,834 of 9,288
Hi FiiO Team, can you please fix the language support for thinks like ‘ ä ö ü etc.? Those are currently displayed in Chinese letters.

By the way, got the device today and plays great with my CA Solaris and my new 4.4 balanced cable.

Jun 2, 2019 at 10:01 AM Post #1,835 of 9,288
How come the device doesn't show up as a DLNA renderer device on my network? I can find other servers using the music app on the M11, but other devices on the network don't see it...

Jun 2, 2019 at 10:37 AM Post #1,836 of 9,288
I think someone on this thread said to try the aurora app which lets you download apks without needing the google play store?

Jun 2, 2019 at 3:26 PM Post #1,838 of 9,288
It's doable, assuming you replace the android audio stack to your own, that's what Hiby presumably did on the R6.
The app I use, rocket player, did this but they don't have plans to do it across all possible options, it works for me currently, but system would be ideal. Amazing, and what the Android experience should be.

Since when can you use UAPP on the M11? As far as I am aware of, that's not an option, and one of the several reason I went to the R6 Pro instead.
I thought you could sideload.

I'm surprised that difference would make you want the hiby. App selection truly is important to people!

I've been told by Ibasso that the dx220 did rewrite the src, but I've of course never tested it as I don't have the device and most people use bit perfect apps anyway.
What are some thoughts on this vs an iPod touch + Q5S?

It’s my understanding that the Q5S is more or less the DAC equivalent I’d the M11, so I’m getting the sound of the M11 with the fluid UI and apps of iOS.
I don't see any difference other than having 2 devices? Definitely an option. M11 is just one device. Whatever fits your needs

Jun 2, 2019 at 3:27 PM Post #1,839 of 9,288
What are some thoughts on this vs an iPod touch + Q5S?

It’s my understanding that the Q5S is more or less the DAC equivalent I’d the M11, so I’m getting the sound of the M11 with the fluid UI and apps of iOS.
You want to look at the amplification circuit rather than the DAC alone. Also what's your input? If you are running through analog, you will be depending on whatever DAC is in your source device, in which case, your iphone.

Jun 2, 2019 at 3:35 PM Post #1,841 of 9,288
Just tried Poweramp On M11. Just trial version as I have Play store V2 on my phone, so If I want it I have to buy it again. Anyway, Very low volume. when turn off DVC its a bit louder but over all still low and sound is really bad. Anybody got any help for me? I actually am fine with the Fiio player, as I mainly use folder anyway, but not a fan of the EQ there. Im really used to poweramp interface and I like having dozens of custom EQ presets.

Anybody having success with Neutron also?

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2019 at 3:41 PM Post #1,842 of 9,288
Have a unit coming tomorrow—looking forward!

As I always listen to my own music, I will be using both memory cards filled to capacity. I also tend to use shuffle play for all of my listening.

Does anyone know if shuffle play will pull songs from both cards during a listening session or would I have to specify a specific card at the start of my listening?

Thanks much.

Jun 2, 2019 at 4:31 PM Post #1,843 of 9,288
1.Currently have Shure 846 and was gonna use it with my M11
But Does the M11 Need an AMP?

2.thinking maybe it needs an amp?
i was loking at XCAN amp.

3.Also, how well does M11 run on a headphone like Hd 800S?
if i do use on my m11, would XCAN amp be able to run it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back