[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
Jun 1, 2019 at 6:54 PM Post #1,817 of 9,288
Jun 1, 2019 at 6:56 PM Post #1,818 of 9,288
Not seeing the M11 available on Amazon :frowning2:
Amazon lists the M6, M9 and M11 as variants under the M9 page. Just click on M11 from the M9 page and it will show up. Don't know why Amazon did this, as it can be confusing.
Screen Shot 2019-06-01 at 6.54.40 PM.png

Jun 1, 2019 at 9:53 PM Post #1,819 of 9,288
I just saw this leather case in aliexpress: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Fii...62-4bf5-82d4-a291af59a45a&transAbTest=ae803_4

However, i have 1 concern. The side buttons on the DAP is slightly protruding outwards. But on the leather case, the buttons area seems to be flat and in line with the case. I wonder if it can still be pressed and whether it will affect other buttons? Looking at the forward/rewind buttons side.

Jun 1, 2019 at 10:15 PM Post #1,820 of 9,288
Jun 1, 2019 at 11:49 PM Post #1,822 of 9,288
Does the default Fiio music app have a recently added playlist for songs recently added to the player?

Jun 2, 2019 at 12:46 AM Post #1,824 of 9,288
I own Android devices but all of them support Google Play, so I am completely clueless regarding the usage of APK files. Are they safe and spyware free even though they're not directly from the Playstore?

I guess more research on my part is needed regarding APK usage. I know next to nothing about them.

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2019 at 12:59 AM Post #1,826 of 9,288
I own Android devices but all of them support Google Play, so I am completely clueless regarding the usage of APK files. Are they safe and spyware free even though they're not directly from the Playstore?

I guess more research on my part is needed regarding APK usage. I know next to nothing about them.
APKPure is one of the fiio-suggested apps. APK Pure is a secondary appstore that specializes in making sure that they're providing clean files for installation via sideloading. If you have any doubt about a file, check the reviews on apkpure and you'll normally see anything negative immediately. I've never had a problem installing from there and do so on my current phone for some things that are no longer available in the appstore as well as on my M11.

Jun 2, 2019 at 2:21 AM Post #1,827 of 9,288

That’s an important question - I’ve already had a bit of malware creeping in that occasionally popped up a full screen ad, even while playing music! (That’s where iOS is really that much better than Android, but I digress...).

If you’re concerned about security, I suggest you download the free Sophos Mobile Security app from APKPure: https://m.apkpure.com/sophos-mobile-security/com.sophos.smsec

Runs in the background and keeps an eye on anything and everything you load on the M11, plus the websites you visit. Cleaned up the malware and now I’m sleeping well again.

Jun 2, 2019 at 2:54 AM Post #1,828 of 9,288
Thanks that makes sense now, but I still don’t get why you need bitperfect output, especially as you say most of the music you’ve been listening to has been through iTunes and therefore I assume compressed (although you say you’re moving to flac now). So do you perceive an actual quality difference between bitperfect playback and resampled/upsampled playback?

Also, are you sure that just because the R6 Pro/DX220 support ‘system wide bitperfect’ that the apps you mention are actually delivering bitperfect output? I’m not so sure that’s the case, especially if you’re sideloading APKs. I’m not at all convinced that an app - mediamonkey for example - will sound any better on the iBasso or R6 Pro than it does on the M11 just because of bitperfect output.
R6 Pro does through DTA. DX220 does not.

Jun 2, 2019 at 3:05 AM Post #1,830 of 9,288
I'm sorry to have not explained better. I PERSONALLY need it. For everyone else, if you don't need it, you have so many options. So from my perspective it's odd that you'd pay for a device that charges a premium for a feature you don't need, since you'll use uapp, mango os, or whatever method to play your music.
With the m11 at such an amazing price point and from what I understand, it's on par with the r6 pro and Ibasso dx200 far more expensive devices, why pay extra when you're only getting a feature you don't need? Otherwise I don't see any difference between the 3, and fiio offers insane value then.

For me personally:
I'm sure I used music programs before iTunes but once I got an ipod, and needed a method for syncing my music and deciding what to add, I settled on play counts.

My top "favorite" playlist I'd build on my own actually isn't my favorite music, but what I actually listen to.

So I settle on using play counts to build my "top songs" playlist. I of course sometimes pick albums to listen to, but when I just want my actual favorite songs that I'll be happy each song, i use that criteria, and will push the play count on the play list higher and higher when I want to really zone in and jam out.

I also have smart playlists for listening to my recently added music, for arranging that music while I'm listening to it, and lists for listening to songs I don't listen to often, to see if they should still even be in the mix, etc. Etc.

I use iTunes smart playlist feature (and soon to be mediamonkey so I can use flacs) a lot. And I listen on my pc and desktop and want that data accuracately tracked. So I need system wide bit perfect android to be able to use a high end dap with the two median players that sync data to pc, rocket player and mediamonkey, that both don't do complete bit perfect output.

So ya. . I'm a weird case, but that's why it makes me also very confused why people are looking at system wide bit perfect devices but then only use apps that are already bit perfect. Although I do understand that many older devices are sluggish due to weak cpus so that could be a driving concern.

Since when can you use UAPP on the M11? As far as I am aware of, that's not an option, and one of the several reason I went to the R6 Pro instead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back