[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
May 31, 2019 at 1:55 AM Post #1,771 of 9,288
I'm sorry to have not explained better. I PERSONALLY need it. For everyone else, if you don't need it, you have so many options. So from my perspective it's odd that you'd pay for a device that charges a premium for a feature you don't need, since you'll use uapp, mango os, or whatever method to play your music.
With the m11 at such an amazing price point and from what I understand, it's on par with the r6 pro and Ibasso dx200 far more expensive devices, why pay extra when you're only getting a feature you don't need? Otherwise I don't see any difference between the 3, and fiio offers insane value then.

For me personally:
I'm sure I used music programs before iTunes but once I got an ipod, and needed a method for syncing my music and deciding what to add, I settled on play counts.

My top "favorite" playlist I'd build on my own actually isn't my favorite music, but what I actually listen to.

So I settle on using play counts to build my "top songs" playlist. I of course sometimes pick albums to listen to, but when I just want my actual favorite songs that I'll be happy each song, i use that criteria, and will push the play count on the play list higher and higher when I want to really zone in and jam out.

I also have smart playlists for listening to my recently added music, for arranging that music while I'm listening to it, and lists for listening to songs I don't listen to often, to see if they should still even be in the mix, etc. Etc.

I use iTunes smart playlist feature (and soon to be mediamonkey so I can use flacs) a lot. And I listen on my pc and desktop and want that data accuracately tracked. So I need system wide bit perfect android to be able to use a high end dap with the two median players that sync data to pc, rocket player and mediamonkey, that both don't do complete bit perfect output.

So ya. . I'm a weird case, but that's why it makes me also very confused why people are looking at system wide bit perfect devices but then only use apps that are already bit perfect. Although I do understand that many older devices are sluggish due to weak cpus so that could be a driving concern.
Thanks that makes sense now, but I still don’t get why you need bitperfect output, especially as you say most of the music you’ve been listening to has been through iTunes and therefore I assume compressed (although you say you’re moving to flac now). So do you perceive an actual quality difference between bitperfect playback and resampled/upsampled playback?

Also, are you sure that just because the R6 Pro/DX220 support ‘system wide bitperfect’ that the apps you mention are actually delivering bitperfect output? I’m not so sure that’s the case, especially if you’re sideloading APKs. I’m not at all convinced that an app - mediamonkey for example - will sound any better on the iBasso or R6 Pro than it does on the M11 just because of bitperfect output.

May 31, 2019 at 2:33 AM Post #1,774 of 9,288
Thanks that makes sense now, but I still don’t get why you need bitperfect output, especially as you say most of the music you’ve been listening to has been through iTunes and therefore I assume compressed (although you say you’re moving to flac now). So do you perceive an actual quality difference between bitperfect playback and resampled/upsampled playback?

Also, are you sure that just because the R6 Pro/DX220 support ‘system wide bitperfect’ that the apps you mention are actually delivering bitperfect output? I’m not so sure that’s the case, especially if you’re sideloading APKs. I’m not at all convinced that an app - mediamonkey for example - will sound any better on the iBasso or R6 Pro than it does on the M11 just because of bitperfect output.
R6 pro supports play store so no side load there and that's the device I like more between those 2.
I asked a reviewer to run it through their scientific audio benchmarks when they reviewed a phone, one of their few portable reviews, and it did have an affect on performance, quite a large one.
So I'd actually send my unit to a reviewer to confirm performance in measurable aspects and if that's good, well I've done all I can.
Similarly, I actually want to get the v20 and send it in to confirm if there is a difference in performance between android src and but perfect, and test rocket player.
So yes, I'd definitely want verification, I've had the same concerns!
Sorry but what is system bitperfect output ?
If you don't mind taking a peak at a competitor, it's explained in the first post of the hiby r6 thread with graphs. Considering you have upcoming releases and Ibasso and hiby both tout this feature, maybe you could look into it and see if it fits your company's goals and audience.
What you've done with the m11 of course leads me to wonder if that's a possibility in your future, especially given you have a lot of new even higher end devices, yet to be announced. Maybe this is a feature you use to help differentiate between higher end models? :) I understand you may not have an answer now, or even 6 months from now but hey, who knows, you've got a lot of upcoming devices!

Last edited:
May 31, 2019 at 2:41 AM Post #1,775 of 9,288
It means the system doesn't down sample or up sample the audio signal.

That should be called SRC , M11 will not down/up sample any audio data from Music App but we known that some APP already SRC.

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
May 31, 2019 at 2:52 AM Post #1,776 of 9,288
I asked a reviewer to run it through their scientific audio benchmarks when they reviewed a phone, one of their few portable reviews, and it did have an affect on performance, quite a large one.
So in other words it’s something you need to measure to verify rather than something that’s obviously audible? As in if you were to set up a blind test, would you be able to pick out the bitperfect playback from the resampled playback? If the answer to that is ‘no’ then why? Unless you’re an absolute objectivist who needs the numbers to add up at all times (and I’m not saying there’s anything wrong with that, just curious about your motivation).

May 31, 2019 at 2:55 AM Post #1,777 of 9,288
That should be called SRC , M11 will not down/up sample any audio data from Music App but we known that some APP already SRC.
Further to this, @Tential how do you know the apps you use on these other daps don’t defer to the SRC? AFAIK you need device-specific drivers to bypass the SRC, and these are app-specific not system-wide.

May 31, 2019 at 3:00 AM Post #1,778 of 9,288

I noticed no difference using hiby music on both the dx220 or the m11. Well except that it ran smoother on the m11. So idk, if there's degradation I didn't notice it. Also I thought only the mango app and mango os were bit perfect on 220.

Last edited:
May 31, 2019 at 6:36 AM Post #1,780 of 9,288
Just to check, should my microsd card have music files and photos, will it still be able to scan for the music files? Gonna temporary use my phone microsd to input some music for dx220/m11 testing but i only have 1 spare msd. Thanks.

May 31, 2019 at 8:10 AM Post #1,781 of 9,288
Just to check, should my microsd card have music files and photos, will it still be able to scan for the music files? Gonna temporary use my phone microsd to input some music for dx220/m11 testing but i only have 1 spare msd. Thanks.
Yes, it’ll find the music.

May 31, 2019 at 11:47 AM Post #1,783 of 9,288
R6 pro supports play store so no side load there and that's the device I like more between those 2.
So I'd actually send my unit to a reviewer to confirm performance in measurable aspects and if that's good, well I've done all I can.
Similarly, I actually want to get the v20 and send it in to confirm if there is a difference in performance between android src and but perfect, and test rocket player.
So yes, I'd definitely want verification, I've had the same concerns!

If you don't mind taking a peak at a competitor, it's explained in the first post of the hiby r6 thread with graphs. Considering you have upcoming releases and Ibasso and hiby both tout this feature, maybe you could look into it and see if it fits your company's goals and audience.
What you've done with the m11 of course leads me to wonder if that's a possibility in your future, especially given you have a lot of new even higher end devices, yet to be announced. Maybe this is a feature you use to help differentiate between higher end models? :) I understand you may not have an answer now, or even 6 months from now but hey, who knows, you've got a lot of upcoming devices!

sorry can't find any value information about bit perfect in the thread. but someone already said it is refer to SRC and I had confirmed it that M11 have not this issue with 3rd party APP.

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
May 31, 2019 at 12:30 PM Post #1,784 of 9,288
Just got the email that my M11 from Amazon shipped, arriving tomorrow! :)

Where on Amazon can you purchase it from? I’ve tried putting in Fiio M11 in the search field but it doesn’t come up.

May 31, 2019 at 12:35 PM Post #1,785 of 9,288
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back