[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
May 30, 2019 at 8:15 PM Post #1,756 of 9,288
For people who hadn't noticed, open the "Applications" app. In there are the most common apps. The rest can be found easily by installing APKPure from the Applications, then using that to find other apps.

If you're using it at a desk, just leave a USB charger plugged in and the battery should be fine.

Use the sharp filter if you mainly listen to acoustic, or like a more accurate, precise sound, or are an objectivist and want the best measuring output. Use the slower filters if you want the sound a bit softer, or listen to a lot of electronic with unnaturally sharp transients and sounds. Or just play with the options and see what feels best to you.

This is the Head-Fi way! :wink:

Thanks for the advice

May 30, 2019 at 8:39 PM Post #1,758 of 9,288
I’m not able to see where mine shipped from, super anxious though!
Click on your order, then you should see "Track package" then click on the "see all updates". Will show you where its at. If on App it will show you a gps location of the package.

Anyway Im glad its coming tomorrow. I feel like I will need all weekend to play around with it and get everything on it.

May 30, 2019 at 8:44 PM Post #1,759 of 9,288
Click on your order, then you should see "Track package" then click on the "see all updates". Will show you where its at. If on App it will show you a gps location of the package.

Anyway Im glad its coming tomorrow. I feel like I will need all weekend to play around with it and get everything on it.

Just says “package has shipped”, oh well, at least its coming soon :)

May 30, 2019 at 8:48 PM Post #1,760 of 9,288
Will any of the upcoming portable players from fiio have system wide bit perfect android?

I only use rocket player due to sync with iTunes (and soon to be mediamonkey ) and the other popular apps like uapp don't support cross platform sync between pc and Android. I use the data iTunes keeps like play counts for my smart playlists, which means only using iTunes and mediamonkey as it's the only way I can use my phone and pc, and have the data sync.

May 30, 2019 at 9:55 PM Post #1,763 of 9,288
May 30, 2019 at 10:23 PM Post #1,764 of 9,288
M11 or Sony WM1A if money was not an issue?
I haven't used either so I can't give you the best answer, but the M11 is a general all-rounder that has good sound and supports streaming and apps since it runs Android. The WM1A on the other hand puts most of its focus on sound quality and has a great battery life as well. I'd assume the M11 is a better bang for your buck but the WM1A is by no means lacking :)

May 30, 2019 at 10:57 PM Post #1,765 of 9,288
M11 or Sony WM1A if money was not an issue?

Had the Sony a couple of months ago, so this is from memory, but I think they sounded very close. So if you want great battery life I'd go with Sony, if you want the bells and whistles of android I'd go with the fiio.

Just a side note, both wm1a's I got from best buy had bad pixels in the screen. I don't know whether they were just part of a bad batch or I had incredibly bad luck, but I gave up after 2 tries.

The idea thing to do would be to demo both of them to see which you like. Not easy to do I know, but some places have great return policies:wink:

Last edited:
May 30, 2019 at 11:28 PM Post #1,766 of 9,288
Sorry Hiby R6 Pro. Was saving up for you, but too many issues. M11 will be my friend now.

This is the exact reason why I jumped ship with the R6 Pro. I was excited for it, but for $900, there's way too many hardware issues.

I couldn't play my high bitrate vbr wma files on the dx220- would crash the dap, which is all dcc,mfsl and other hard to find stuff.

Playing good on m11

I appreciate a fellow head-fier who appreciates pressing-specific rips. I feel like some users on here simply grab whatever version says "hi-res" on it, which is fine, mind you. Different strokes and all that.

May 31, 2019 at 12:51 AM Post #1,767 of 9,288
This is the exact reason why I jumped ship with the R6 Pro. I was excited for it, but for $900, there's way too many hardware issues.

I appreciate a fellow head-fier who appreciates pressing-specific rips. I feel like some users on here simply grab whatever version says "hi-res" on it, which is fine, mind you. Different strokes and all that.
Unless you NEED system wide bit perfect android (which I do) I'm very confused why so many people cross shop the hiby with other cheaper devices that do the exact same thing.

If I didn't need system wide bit perfect android, I wouldn't even look at the hiby there are better options. Once you set that criteria, you've got Ibasso and hiby.

I would love to pay $450 right now and have a dap... Especially when the hiby, Ibasso, and m11 are basically on par but alas, I need system wide bit perfect android, so I'm stuck waiting until I feel comfortable dropping almost $1k+ on a device that, on the hiby side, has odd issues. This system wide bit perfect need is starting to make me really despise Google... All of those engineers and this is a problem.... It's truly unacceptable and a spit in our faces to make this a remote issue.... Android should be plug and play no issues at all.

May 31, 2019 at 1:00 AM Post #1,768 of 9,288
Unless you NEED system wide bit perfect android (which I do) I'm very confused why so many people cross shop the hiby with other cheaper devices that do the exact same thing.

If I didn't need system wide bit perfect android, I wouldn't even look at the hiby there are better options. Once you set that criteria, you've got Ibasso and hiby.

I would love to pay $450 right now and have a dap... Especially when the hiby, Ibasso, and m11 are basically on par but alas, I need system wide bit perfect android, so I'm stuck waiting until I feel comfortable dropping almost $1k+ on a device that, on the hiby side, has odd issues. This system wide bit perfect need is starting to make me really despise Google... All of those engineers and this is a problem.... It's truly unacceptable and a spit in our faces to make this a remote issue.... Android should be plug and play no issues at all.
Not going to argue your point, but can you explain why you think system-wide bitperfect is so important? If we assume FiiO Music is bitperfect, I’m not hearing any difference between that and Poweramp high-res output, which is definitely not bitperfect. I don’t use my mobile rig for critical listening, but I often listen to it late at night in bed when everything is quiet, so if there was a difference to be heard, I’d hear it then. Just curious mire than anything.

May 31, 2019 at 1:20 AM Post #1,769 of 9,288
Not going to argue your point, but can you explain why you think system-wide bitperfect is so important? If we assume FiiO Music is bitperfect, I’m not hearing any difference between that and Poweramp high-res output, which is definitely not bitperfect. I don’t use my mobile rig for critical listening, but I often listen to it late at night in bed when everything is quiet, so if there was a difference to be heard, I’d hear it then. Just curious mire than anything.
Cause he read it somewhere ?

May 31, 2019 at 1:34 AM Post #1,770 of 9,288
I'm sorry to have not explained better. I PERSONALLY need it. For everyone else, if you don't need it, you have so many options. So from my perspective it's odd that you'd pay for a device that charges a premium for a feature you don't need, since you'll use uapp, mango os, or whatever method to play your music.
With the m11 at such an amazing price point and from what I understand, it's on par with the r6 pro and Ibasso dx200 far more expensive devices, why pay extra when you're only getting a feature you don't need? Otherwise I don't see any difference between the 3, and fiio offers insane value then.

For me personally:
I'm sure I used music programs before iTunes but once I got an ipod, and needed a method for syncing my music and deciding what to add, I settled on play counts.

My top "favorite" playlist I'd build on my own actually isn't my favorite music, but what I actually listen to.

So I settle on using play counts to build my "top songs" playlist. I of course sometimes pick albums to listen to, but when I just want my actual favorite songs that I'll be happy each song, i use that criteria, and will push the play count on the play list higher and higher when I want to really zone in and jam out.

I also have smart playlists for listening to my recently added music, for arranging that music while I'm listening to it, and lists for listening to songs I don't listen to often, to see if they should still even be in the mix, etc. Etc.

I use iTunes smart playlist feature (and soon to be mediamonkey so I can use flacs) a lot. And I listen on my pc and desktop and want that data accuracately tracked. So I need system wide bit perfect android to be able to use a high end dap with the two median players that sync data to pc, rocket player and mediamonkey, that both don't do complete bit perfect output.

So ya. . I'm a weird case, but that's why it makes me also very confused why people are looking at system wide bit perfect devices but then only use apps that are already bit perfect. Although I do understand that many older devices are sluggish due to weak cpus so that could be a driving concern.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back