1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

FiiO M11-Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by FiiO, Mar 19, 2019.
Tags:
First

Back
106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115
117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126
Next

Last
  1. mattg3
    Getting my M11 next week from Amazon! Occasionally I see a post here saying the M11 should be run continuously for 2 days to smooth out the treble.Im thinking of doing this so should I just connect headphones and using an adapter, plug it into wall and let it play for 48 hours? Dont have a lot of time till weekend for critical listening so doing this is not s big deal but I would love to know if this 48 hour continuous playing right out of the box is going to hurt the player at all? thanks Matt

2. gLer
    Are you running the latest build (829)? In Audio Settings there’ll be a high-res menu option, in which you should be able to enable high-res support for wired headphone/headset out (something like that). If you still don’t come right I’ll take some screenshots.

3. gLer
    No it won’t damage the player, it’ll just make the placebo effect more apparent so you can join everyone else in believing dap burn-in is real :wink:

Seriously though I’m sure it’ll be fine. Let us know if you can hear a difference afterwards.

mattg3 likes this.
  4. abitdeef
    It helps bring out the micro details:wink:

Ha ha ha ha ha ha

What are micro details? :) what about nano details? Or quantum details? And the fine layering brought to you by Betty Crocker/Duncan Hines?

Last edited: May 30, 2019
    BadReligionPunk likes this.
  5. fatmanny
    Ah yes that was the problem. Apparently I only had version 826. Thanks!

6. abitdeef
    I couldn't play my high bitrate vbr wma files on the dx220- would crash the dap, which is all dcc,mfsl and other hard to find stuff.

Playing good on m11

20190530_100308.jpg

7. fatmanny
    When trying to add an account to the device, nothing happens when I hit the button. Settings => Accounts => Add Account. Any advice?

8. misteral201103
    Although the page of the UI is there, there is actually no option to add an account, since Google Media Services is not installed and therefore accounts are not supported.
    Any account you have with an app (if it works independently of GMS) would be added within the app itself.

9. OneL0ve
    Well, it DOES report what Bluetooth codec you are using in the notification bar. Mine says "aptX" when I connect my MACAW T1000. So something is possible.

10. OneL0ve
    BTW, Is there any way to side load Google Play Store? I would rather not have to check for new Tidal updates every week.

11. OneL0ve
    I tested the M11 against my Onkyo DPX1A and DPCMX1 using Tidal and wired headphones. M11 sounds similar to my DPX1A overall, but the DPCMX1 still beats both in sound quality and especially the smoothness of the bass drop.

Also the quality of the Bluetooth audio with Tidal is way better on the DPCMX1 for some reason. (They all have aptX)

I tested all using the same Bluetooth headphones (aptX enabled) and the bass seemed acceptable, but a bit rough with M11 and DPX1A when compared to the DPCMX1.

I wished the EQ could be applied to all apps installed on the M11

Lastly, the playing field is more level when using the built-in music player and EQ enabled on all devices. (so many tweak options)

I wish the included M11 "manual" would describe what every setting on the M11 does.

For example, what does the "Wireless Playback Quality" setting really do and if your headphones doesn't have the selected codec what happens then? Does it select the next compatible codec?

Also, please explain the included low pass filter modes for those who don't know.

12. misteral201103
    No.
    But you can load the Aurora store.

13. hldn
    There's info about that on XDA developers. But I'm afraid you must root the device, and nobody has tried it yet. I'm sure Magisk works. Might try but haven't received the M11 yet.

14. fatmanny
    If I use the side buttons to play/pause/skip track, the music doesn't play when playback is resumed. But if I do everything on the screen, everything is perfect. Anyone with the same issue?

Edit: I found out it's only with PowerAmp. So I fiddled with the settings and, through trial and error, found out that turning the beep off in PowerAmp itself made everything work fine.

Last edited: May 30, 2019
  15. radarnigz5
    can someone clarify, if i want to burn in, 2 iems/headphones at the same time, do i need to use Y splitter or i can just use 4.4mm simultaneous with 2.5mm jack or 3.55mm jack?

First

Back
106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115
117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126
Next

Last