[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
May 30, 2019 at 9:59 AM Post #1,726 of 9,288
Getting my M11 next week from Amazon! Occasionally I see a post here saying the M11 should be run continuously for 2 days to smooth out the treble.Im thinking of doing this so should I just connect headphones and using an adapter, plug it into wall and let it play for 48 hours? Dont have a lot of time till weekend for critical listening so doing this is not s big deal but I would love to know if this 48 hour continuous playing right out of the box is going to hurt the player at all? thanks Matt

May 30, 2019 at 10:05 AM Post #1,727 of 9,288
I must be missing something...It's still only playing as OPENSL ES
Are you running the latest build (829)? In Audio Settings there’ll be a high-res menu option, in which you should be able to enable high-res support for wired headphone/headset out (something like that). If you still don’t come right I’ll take some screenshots.

May 30, 2019 at 10:07 AM Post #1,728 of 9,288
Getting my M11 next week from Amazon! Occasionally I see a post here saying the M11 should be run continuously for 2 days to smooth out the treble.Im thinking of doing this so should I just connect headphones and using an adapter, plug it into wall and let it play for 48 hours? Dont have a lot of time till weekend for critical listening so doing this is not s big deal but I would love to know if this 48 hour continuous playing right out of the box is going to hurt the player at all? thanks Matt
No it won’t damage the player, it’ll just make the placebo effect more apparent so you can join everyone else in believing dap burn-in is real :wink:

Seriously though I’m sure it’ll be fine. Let us know if you can hear a difference afterwards.

May 30, 2019 at 10:15 AM Post #1,729 of 9,288
No it won’t damage the player, it’ll just make the placebo effect more apparent so you can join everyone else in believing dap burn-in is real :wink:

Seriously though I’m sure it’ll be fine. Let us know if you can hear a difference afterwards.

It helps bring out the micro details:wink:

Ha ha ha ha ha ha

What are micro details? :) what about nano details? Or quantum details? And the fine layering brought to you by Betty Crocker/Duncan Hines?

Last edited:
May 30, 2019 at 10:17 AM Post #1,730 of 9,288
Are you running the latest build (829)? In Audio Settings there’ll be a high-res menu option, in which you should be able to enable high-res support for wired headphone/headset out (something like that). If you still don’t come right I’ll take some screenshots.
Ah yes that was the problem. Apparently I only had version 826. Thanks!

May 30, 2019 at 10:23 AM Post #1,731 of 9,288
I couldn't play my high bitrate vbr wma files on the dx220- would crash the dap, which is all dcc,mfsl and other hard to find stuff.

Playing good on m11

20190530_100308.jpg

May 30, 2019 at 10:23 AM Post #1,732 of 9,288
When trying to add an account to the device, nothing happens when I hit the button. Settings => Accounts => Add Account. Any advice?

May 30, 2019 at 10:49 AM Post #1,733 of 9,288
When trying to add an account to the device, nothing happens when I hit the button. Settings => Accounts => Add Account. Any advice?

Although the page of the UI is there, there is actually no option to add an account, since Google Media Services is not installed and therefore accounts are not supported.
Any account you have with an app (if it works independently of GMS) would be added within the app itself.

May 30, 2019 at 11:50 AM Post #1,736 of 9,288
I tested the M11 against my Onkyo DPX1A and DPCMX1 using Tidal and wired headphones. M11 sounds similar to my DPX1A overall, but the DPCMX1 still beats both in sound quality and especially the smoothness of the bass drop.

Also the quality of the Bluetooth audio with Tidal is way better on the DPCMX1 for some reason. (They all have aptX)

I tested all using the same Bluetooth headphones (aptX enabled) and the bass seemed acceptable, but a bit rough with M11 and DPX1A when compared to the DPCMX1.

I wished the EQ could be applied to all apps installed on the M11

Lastly, the playing field is more level when using the built-in music player and EQ enabled on all devices. (so many tweak options)

I wish the included M11 "manual" would describe what every setting on the M11 does.

For example, what does the "Wireless Playback Quality" setting really do and if your headphones doesn't have the selected codec what happens then? Does it select the next compatible codec?

Also, please explain the included low pass filter modes for those who don't know.

May 30, 2019 at 1:00 PM Post #1,737 of 9,288
BTW, Is there any way to side load Google Play Store? I would rather not have to check for new Tidal updates every week.

No.
But you can load the Aurora store.

May 30, 2019 at 2:03 PM Post #1,739 of 9,288
If I use the side buttons to play/pause/skip track, the music doesn't play when playback is resumed. But if I do everything on the screen, everything is perfect. Anyone with the same issue?

Edit: I found out it's only with PowerAmp. So I fiddled with the settings and, through trial and error, found out that turning the beep off in PowerAmp itself made everything work fine.

Last edited:
May 30, 2019 at 4:25 PM Post #1,740 of 9,288
can someone clarify, if i want to burn in, 2 iems/headphones at the same time, do i need to use Y splitter or i can just use 4.4mm simultaneous with 2.5mm jack or 3.55mm jack?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back