[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
May 29, 2019 at 6:06 AM Post #1,651 of 9,288
Well I myself I enjoy a nice user experience with a dap and nice aesthetics plus great sound. With the m11, you get all that for a fair price. Sony usually delivers in all those areas too, well you pay for Sony stuff... but anyways I'm done with ak and ibasso. They are both hyped and overpriced imo especially ak.

I said my piece on the ibasso 220 thread, people ask for an opinion or comparison and when they don't like what you said and get butthurt, then they just dismiss your opinion and put words in your mouth.

And give long meaningless tirades about why your opinion can't be valid. It's super gay really and sucks the fun out of the hobby.

Last edited:
May 29, 2019 at 7:01 AM Post #1,652 of 9,288
Well I myself I enjoy a nice user experience with a dap and nice aesthetics plus great sound. With the m11, you get all that for a fair price. Sony usually delivers in all those areas too, well you pay for Sony stuff... but anyways I'm done with ak and ibasso. They are both hyped and overpriced imo especially ak.

I said my piece on the ibasso 220 thread, people ask for an opinion or comparison and when they don't like what you said and get butthurt, then they just dismiss your opinion and put words in your mouth.

And give long meaningless tirades about why your opinion can't be valid. It's super gay really and sucks the fun out of the hobby.

Yeah, it really sucks... We are here to share our opinions and impressions, it's not an iBasso/Fiio/A&K funpages. And I think when you compare iBasso with Fiio on iBasso thread, and write about some good Sony DAP in Fiio thread - it's wonderful, cause you can always learn something new.

May 29, 2019 at 7:15 AM Post #1,653 of 9,288
Yeah, it really sucks... We are here to share our opinions and impressions, it's not an iBasso/Fiio/A&K funpages. And I think when you compare iBasso with Fiio on iBasso thread, and write about some good Sony DAP in Fiio thread - it's wonderful, cause you can always learn something new.

Well especially when people ask for a comparison. They just wanted to hear that the dx220 trounced the m11 basically. I didn't hear it that way though. Both sound good to me, the ibasso has a nice peq and the changeable amp modules are neat.

But in the end the m11 seems more polished and is a better value.

May 29, 2019 at 9:05 AM Post #1,655 of 9,288
Well especially when people ask for a comparison. They just wanted to hear that the dx220 trounced the m11 basically. I didn't hear it that way though. Both sound good to me, the ibasso has a nice peq and the changeable amp modules are neat.

But in the end the m11 seems more polished and is a better value.
I'm curious, since you have listened to both.

1. How does the noise floor compare between the two? Which earphones did you use to test?

2. Were you able to get Tidal MQA unfold happening natively on the M11?

These are my two biggest reasons for ordering the 220 over the 11, but I'm certainly open to changing my mind.

May 29, 2019 at 9:12 AM Post #1,656 of 9,288

Yes, it happened so many times in dx200 and dx220 threads. If it is like that people will never know what's true about those players at all and the worst thing is iBasso encourages those guys.

Don't know about A&K thread as I followed those two threads very closely for years.

Last edited:
May 29, 2019 at 9:18 AM Post #1,657 of 9,288
I'm curious, since you have listened to both.

1. How does the noise floor compare between the two? Which earphones did you use to test?

2. Were you able to get Tidal MQA unfold happening natively on the M11?

These are my two biggest reasons for ordering the 220 over the 11, but I'm certainly open to changing my mind.
Don't know about DX220 but my friend recently got M11 and he tested it with SE846 says no noise.

May 29, 2019 at 9:54 AM Post #1,658 of 9,288
audioplayer-ListActivity-05292019154842.png

Busy testing the new Poweramp high-res engine for the M11. I'm not sure what it's doing or how, but I've heard this album many hundreds of times and it sounds about as good as I can remember it, if not better. It also seems to have 'smoothed' some of the edges off the FH5's midrange peak without affecting impact or resolution. So far so good, I'd say.

PS. Anyone know what they little circle-in-a-circle icon is next to the battery level? Been meaning to ask, and can't seem to Google it.

Last edited:
May 29, 2019 at 10:16 AM Post #1,660 of 9,288

Busy testing the new Poweramp high-res engine for the M11. I'm not sure what it's doing or how, but I've heard this album many hundreds of times and it sounds about as good as I can remember it, if not better. It also seems to have 'smoothed' some of the edges off the FH5's midrange peak without affecting impact or resolution. So far so good, I'd say.

PS. Anyone know what they little circle-in-a-circle icon is next to the battery level? Been meaning to ask, and can't seem to Google it.
My guess is location or gps of some sort.

Edit: that makes absolutely no sense now that I think about it

Last edited:
May 29, 2019 at 11:21 AM Post #1,665 of 9,288
I reinstalled the firmware update, and things are better. Still not a totally black background. I can hear when the sound system quiesces after 15-16 seconds of paused music, and on very very quiet sections of music, it's there. I imagine most folks would not be bothered by it, or even hear it.

I still love my Sony NW-ZX300, but the screen and the ability to search on the M11 are fantastic; the volume control via dial is also very very nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back