[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
May 28, 2019 at 9:49 PM Post #1,621 of 9,288
Not fair for the wallet and kinda lame for folks who are constantly part of the iBasso squad to keep using FiiO to prop up iBasso with the free FiiO sent to them so they can keep the gravy train rolling

It is all marketing and all folks who get items are literally a part of the marketing. Myself included. I just reached my limit with this $$=SQ crap which some hold as dogma.

Thankfully the public is learning.
Not fair for the wallet and kinda lame for folks who are constantly part of the iBasso squad to keep using FiiO to prop up iBasso with the free FiiO sent to them so they can keep the gravy train rolling

It is all marketing and all folks who get items are literally a part of the marketing. Myself included. I just reached my limit with this $$=SQ crap which some hold as dogma.

Yes more money doesn't always equate to better products.

May 28, 2019 at 9:53 PM Post #1,625 of 9,288
Do you have it on high or low gain? Most of those listed iems/cans shouldn't hiss at all when driven to listenable levels. I'm using low gain, and not a hint of hiss, and I'm quite sensitive to it. It really sounds like you have a problem with your m11.

Based on your experience with the ZX300, and others, I am wondering. I am going to reset, isolate, see what happens.

May 28, 2019 at 10:09 PM Post #1,627 of 9,288
I've been asking others about this too :laughing:

It's been a while since I had zx300, but I have had wm1a recently which sounded very similar to m11, and balanced out of zx300 sounded very similar to wm1a. Maybe the wm1a and m11 might be a tiny bit more lean sounding, or you could say maybe a touch more neutral.

But from memory, well you know how that is.:wink: The zx300A from joybuy is a great deal- I think it's 390 dollars or so.Good if you don't want android. If you want android m11 is awesome.

All sound/sounded excellent to me. M11 has more power on tap.

Last edited:
May 28, 2019 at 10:11 PM Post #1,628 of 9,288
May 28, 2019 at 10:15 PM Post #1,629 of 9,288
Chill time :)

20190528_221335.jpg

May 28, 2019 at 10:27 PM Post #1,630 of 9,288
It's been a while since I had zx300, but I have had wm1a recently which sounded very similar to m11, and balanced out of zx300 sounded very similar to wm1a. Maybe the wm1a and m11 might be a tiny bit more lean sounding, or you could say maybe a touch more neutral.

But from memory, well you know how that is.:wink: The zx300A from joybuy is a great deal- I think it's 390 dollars or so.Good if you don't want android. If you want android m11 is awesome.

All sound/sounded excellent to me. M11 has more power on tap.
I'm pretty happy with my ZX300 I got exactly 2 months ago, but a small part of me still wonders if I would've enjoyed the M11 more lol. Perhaps in a few years I could upgrade to a FiiO DAP that's even more amazing than the M11 we currently have :thinking:

May 28, 2019 at 10:32 PM Post #1,631 of 9,288
I'm pretty happy with my ZX300 I got exactly 2 months ago, but a small part of me still wonders if I would've enjoyed the M11 more lol. Perhaps in a few years I could upgrade to a FiiO DAP that's even more amazing than the M11 we currently have :thinking:

Oh sorry didn't know you had the zx300 duh my bad. Well maybe you can get the chance to audition the m11 sometime.

May 28, 2019 at 10:39 PM Post #1,632 of 9,288
Yes, there will have pure mode for M11 in the future but it is an option so you can still use it as an open Android DAP

I stand corrected. Awesome!

You guys know the M11 is available on Amazon. It's a pre-order and will ship out June 5th.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07PLN4FF1/ref=ask_ql_qh_dp_hza

That'll be pretty sweet if that's the actual release date.

Is there really any benefit to buying from amazon instead of aliexpress?

Depending on where you are, it'll probably be easier to deal with a return through Amazon rather than returning to China through Ali.

May 28, 2019 at 10:59 PM Post #1,633 of 9,288
Based on your experience with the ZX300, and others, I am wondering. I am going to reset, isolate, see what happens.

I've been listening through single ended output, high gain on InEars Prophile 8s - no hiss at all. Though I am looking at 50 coming round the corner, so it is possible I'm less sensitive.
Have the Hifiman HE400i on balanced output - also no hiss.

Good luck, hope you solve the issue!

May 28, 2019 at 11:01 PM Post #1,634 of 9,288

Just want to say, nice to see you active in here. We trade comments from time to time on your channel (latest being the attack on your listening choices in M11 vs DX220)
Really glad you're enjoying the M11 - good news for both for you and Fiio!

May 28, 2019 at 11:30 PM Post #1,635 of 9,288
Just want to say, nice to see you active in here. We trade comments from time to time on your channel (latest being the attack on your listening choices in M11 vs DX220)
Really glad you're enjoying the M11 - good news for both for you and Fiio!

People cannot say a $1000 DAP is comparable to a $2000 DAP and be fine even support that but suggest it is illogical to compare with a cheaper DAP. It's Hypocrisy, marketing and blatant double standard.
I have a video coming talking about this bizarre math. You believe that or you don't. You cannot just pull that out when it supports your narrative.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back