[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
May 29, 2019 at 5:27 PM Post #1,681 of 9,288
I said my piece on the ibasso 220 thread, people ask for an opinion or comparison and when they don't like what you said and get butthurt, then they just dismiss your opinion and put words in your mouth.

And give long meaningless tirades about why your opinion can't be valid.

Okay, so it's not just me? That thread moves too fast for me to catch up, so I'm some pages behind and have yet to see your comparison specifically, but the main contributors to that thread are kind of obnoxious. Anytime I've seen anyone say something even slightly critical of the DX220, the whole gang just pounces on them and beats them to a pulp. It's embarrassing.

May 29, 2019 at 5:32 PM Post #1,683 of 9,288
Ok everyone, as promised 2 days ago
My FiiO FH7 IEM review is ready to be read or watched.
+Bonus comparisons with FA7 and FH5
Grab some popcorn :)
Thanks for that. Very glowing review indeed. I'll wait until @Currawong has his say, and @Brooko too. That should give us a good sample of user feedback. Thanks again for your efforts.

PS. You mention you have small ears, so the FH5 should be a perfect fit for you. How do the FH7 compare to the FH5 in terms of fit (nozzle depth etc.)?

May 29, 2019 at 5:43 PM Post #1,684 of 9,288
Okay, so it's not just me? That thread moves too fast for me to catch up, so I'm some pages behind and have yet to see your comparison specifically, but the main contributors to that thread are kind of obnoxious. Anytime I've seen anyone say something even slightly critical of the DX220, the whole gang just pounces on them and beats them to a pulp. It's embarrassing.

No it's not you at all, there is a fanaticism about ibasso that I don't understand. I mean their stuff is nice, but fiio stuff is a better value and the design of their stuff seems a bit behind other vendors, not spec wise just design, build, and UI wise imo. Kind of reminds me of hidiz with an wanabee audiophile flavor. Lol.

I don't know it's weird, but I'd take the fiio or a Sony anytime over their 'flagship'. I love the m11 though, I really do. Only thing is I wish it were smaller and had the volume on the right side. I guess the size doesn't matter much since I have the tiny m6 around.

May 29, 2019 at 6:10 PM Post #1,685 of 9,288
So I got an early gift waiting for me when I got home. Now I just need my 4.4 balanced cable to show up! Is there a clear winner at this point as to which music app does the best? I've only spent about 15 minutes playing with this thing so far and the Fiio app, but the EQ seems to be lackluster. I'm a bass head so I need my eardrums to punch into my brain while I'm listening! :floatsmile:

May 29, 2019 at 6:12 PM Post #1,686 of 9,288
So I got an early gift waiting for me when I got home. Now I just need my 4.4 balanced cable to show up! Is there a clear winner at this point as to which music app does the best? I've only spent about 15 minutes playing with this thing so far and the Fiio app, but the EQ seems to be lackluster. I'm a bass head so I need my eardrums to punch into my brain while I'm listening! :floatsmile:

Congrats, balanced out and bass head earphones will help :wink:

May 29, 2019 at 6:21 PM Post #1,687 of 9,288
Congrats, balanced out and bass head earphones will help :wink:
I bought the Tin T2 when they were on sale on Ali, so I get that I won't get loads of bass with them, but I'm hoping the balanced cable does enough for me. Otherwise I have my RHA T20, which give me a much warmer sound. Either way, the detail of the player is tickling me deep!

May 29, 2019 at 6:26 PM Post #1,688 of 9,288
I bought the Tin T2 when they were on sale on Ali, so I get that I won't get loads of bass with them, but I'm hoping the balanced cable does enough for me. Otherwise I have my RHA T20, which give me a much warmer sound. Either way, the detail of the player is tickling me deep!

The balanced is quite a step up on this dap. So yes you will have a smile when you listen out of balanced.

May 29, 2019 at 6:29 PM Post #1,689 of 9,288
Ahh yes the 80's.

20190529_182805.jpg

May 29, 2019 at 7:32 PM Post #1,692 of 9,288
I wish Apple Music sign-in worked on the M11. I don't think there's a hope in hell of that ever coming to fruition, tho. Guess it's time to try Spotify.

Apple Music requires google play services. I switched from Apple Music to Spotify when I got my SP1000 and it’s been a blessing. I so much prefer Spotify over Apple Music and I’m heavily invested into the Apple ecosystem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back