[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
May 29, 2019 at 11:31 AM Post #1,666 of 9,288
I'm curious, since you have listened to both.

1. How does the noise floor compare between the two? Which earphones did you use to test?

2. Were you able to get Tidal MQA unfold happening natively on the M11?

These are my two biggest reasons for ordering the 220 over the 11, but I'm certainly open to changing my mind.

Akt8ieii, no noise at all, and no I haven't tried tidal yet.

May 29, 2019 at 11:35 AM Post #1,667 of 9,288

Busy testing the new Poweramp high-res engine for the M11. I'm not sure what it's doing or how, but I've heard this album many hundreds of times and it sounds about as good as I can remember it, if not better. It also seems to have 'smoothed' some of the edges off the FH5's midrange peak without affecting impact or resolution. So far so good, I'd say.

PS. Anyone know what they little circle-in-a-circle icon is next to the battery level? Been meaning to ask, and can't seem to Google it.

I was wondering about that 'target' circle myself. Um does anybody know how to find apps that are running in the background?

May 29, 2019 at 11:39 AM Post #1,668 of 9,288
I reinstalled the firmware update, and things are better. Still not a totally black background. I can hear when the sound system quiesces after 15-16 seconds of paused music, and on very very quiet sections of music, it's there. I imagine most folks would not be bothered by it, or even hear it.

I still love my Sony NW-ZX300, but the screen and the ability to search on the M11 are fantastic; the volume control via dial is also very very nice.

Keep in mind m11 has twice the output power of zx300 on balanced.

May 29, 2019 at 11:48 AM Post #1,669 of 9,288
Yes, it happened so many times in dx200 and dx220 threads. If it is like that people will never know what's true about those players at all and the worst thing is iBasso encourages those guys.

Don't know about A&K thread as I followed those two threads very closely for years.

Well someone mentioned 'darker' in the comments because I said with my iems and cans the m11 sounded a bit livelier and open.

I didn't say the dx220 sounded dark or darker, and then someone said no it isn't at all (dark- which I agree) but apparently some people hear things differently.

So then I started talking about speaking in absolutes on such a subjective subject and what may sound neutral to one person bla bla bla bla

And then someone else wrote a novel on what he considers neutral and it's easy to know if things are neutral ..... bla bla bla bla , lots of dacs were mentioned and programs. And I was like look it's just my Opinion! I wouldn't presume how other people hear things and the best thing would be to listen for themself to both units. And told then to enjoy dx220 (it is a nice dap) and don't get too bent out of shape- it's just one dude's personal opinion.

Then I unsubscribed:)

Bottom line, m11 rocks a huge value.

Last edited:
May 29, 2019 at 12:02 PM Post #1,671 of 9,288
Well someone mentioned 'darker' in the comments because I said with my iems and cans the m11 sounded a bit livelier and open.

I didn't say the dx220 sounded dark or darker, and then someone said no it isn't at all (dark- which I agree) but apparently some people hear things differently.

So then I started talking about speaking in absolutes on such a subjective subject and what may sound neutral to one person bla bla bla bla

And then someone else wrote a novel on what he considers neutral and it's easy to know if things are neutral ..... bla bla bla bla , lots of dacs were mentioned and programs. And I was like look it's just my Opinion! I wouldn't presume how other people hear things and the best thing would be to listen for themself to both units. And told then to enjoy dx220 (it is a nice dap) and don't get too bent out of shape- it's just one dude's personal opinion.

Then I unsubscribed:)

Bottom line, m11 rocks a huge value.

Yeah? Well, you know......

May 29, 2019 at 1:01 PM Post #1,675 of 9,288
Has anyone tried out the USB out function with DSD files to an external DAC / amp? If so, does it work ok and what DAC /amps were you using? I have a Questyle CMA600i and am interested in this feature on either the M11 orM6. Thanks.

May 29, 2019 at 4:23 PM Post #1,676 of 9,288
I was wondering about that 'target' circle myself. Um does anybody know how to find apps that are running in the background?
Drag up slowly from the bottom of the screen and you'll see all the open apps, each on a separate page with an "X" to close it. My M11 is at home or I would grab a screen shot...

May 29, 2019 at 5:17 PM Post #1,680 of 9,288
It's weird considering both the M11 and DX220, like traversing the smoking ruins between two warring factions hoping against hope (and reason) the next mortar strike is far enough away...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back