[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
Mar 21, 2023 at 10:14 AM Post #9,241 of 9,288

My M11 decided to become one with nature today.
:frowning2: ouch.. glad it looks like that was the only major damaged item... that's scary... :frowning2:

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2023 at 10:19 AM Post #9,242 of 9,288
When I do a factory reset 3.0.3 is what it returns to so I would say yes.
Hey peeps! I have noticed my FiiO M11 shows the "first" song's bit rate... and I need to quit Plexamp (or whatever app that's playing the music) to "reset" the bitrate.

So for instance, if I start playing a 192k song... and play a 44.1k after, it sticks to 192k. And the opposite is true as well; if I start with a 44.1k tune... it will not update to 192k... not exactly 100% sure WHERE the problem resides... :)
Stay safe!

Mar 22, 2023 at 11:30 AM Post #9,245 of 9,288
My M11 volume dial has been disfunctioning for some time now. Instead of volume down it turns the volume up while volume up functions fine.
Anyone any idea as to how to fix this without having to send it to Fiio service?
Good luck... if it's not under any warranty, it'd try with a blow of compressed air as it feels like something might be stuck there...
Sliding the screen... That's still "normal", right?

Mar 22, 2023 at 2:07 PM Post #9,247 of 9,288
My M11 volume dial has been disfunctioning for some time now. Instead of volume down it turns the volume up while volume up functions fine.
Anyone any idea as to how to fix this without having to send it to Fiio service?
I had the same volume wheel issue. I contacted Fiio and they first told me to send the M11 to China, something I was a bit reluctant to do. I asked them if their was a way I could fix it myself, they sent me basic instructions (below). There was no dust that I could see, but removing the wheel and putting it back somehow fixed the issue. It's not perfect, but it's much better now. It's not difficult, but you need to be careful and definitely need the tools shown in video. Good luck if you want to give it a try.

Thanks for your cooperation in advanced.

And disassembly video: https://youtu.be/O_W6vLQlZrs

Reason may be damp or dust (the volume wheel).

Have a nice day!

Best Regards,

FiiO Customer Service Lee

Mar 22, 2023 at 2:36 PM Post #9,248 of 9,288
I had the same volume wheel issue. I contacted Fiio and they first told me to send the M11 to China, something I was a bit reluctant to do. I asked them if their was a way I could fix it myself, they sent me basic instructions (below). There was no dust that I could see, but removing the wheel and putting it back somehow fixed the issue. It's not perfect, but it's much better now. It's not difficult, but you need to be careful and definitely need the tools shown in video. Good luck if you want to give it a try.

Thanks for your cooperation in advanced.

And disassembly video: https://youtu.be/O_W6vLQlZrs

Reason may be damp or dust (the volume wheel).

Have a nice day!

Best Regards,

FiiO Customer Service Lee

Thank you.
Too complicated to bother though for now.
I think I'll just set a maximum volume limit so that I won't destroy my eardrums and stop using it altogether.
Can you repurpose the other buttons so that the perform the volume function?

Jun 22, 2023 at 8:56 AM Post #9,249 of 9,288
Thank you.
Too complicated to bother though for now.
I think I'll just set a maximum volume limit so that I won't destroy my eardrums and stop using it altogether.
Can you repurpose the other buttons so that the perform the volume function?

Two years ago I used a drill with a rubber wheel and rotated with it the volume knob high-speed to shake out the dust. And it works until now :)

Sep 7, 2023 at 12:29 PM Post #9,252 of 9,288
Funny story, My FIIO M11 fell off my shelf and the screen cracked (or so I thought). The LCD itself was intact and not bleeding as it does when broken, but a huge crack was visible. I contacted FIIO about a replacement screen. They had none, but sent LCD specs. I then sent in a picture of the broken M11 screen. FIIO then informed me that the unit is shipped with an applied glass screen protector (news to me). :smile: After carefully peeling off the broken protector my FIIO M11 was back to mint condition (minus a tiny scratch). Thanks @FiiO :thumbsup:

Nov 9, 2023 at 7:15 AM Post #9,255 of 9,288
hi guys - is there a way of assigning album art to the whole album, rather than track by track. I can't see an option to do this...
Absolutely! All you need to do is add the artwork to the album folder like this. I don't think it matters what you call it, but I always use "cover". That will apply It to every song (I only use FiiO music, so I'm not sure if this applies to alternative apps)
Screenshot_20231109-120654.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back