[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
Apr 15, 2024 at 6:34 PM Post #9,271 of 9,288
Lots of cut out interference using my M11 with bluetooth to a pair of Sony WH-1000s on the train this morning. Changed the bluetooth from LDAC to aptX, hoping lower res would be less subject to interference, but no better. Switched to streaming from my phone - no interference at all.

This player always was subject to some interference, but this made it unlistenable. I've had it about 3.5 years but not used a lot. Any tips on fixing it?

Yes, I know I could use the headphones wired.

Apr 15, 2024 at 8:50 PM Post #9,272 of 9,288
The BT on this device blows major chunks, i chave tried SD, HD and all sorts of headphones, you cant even put the playing in your pockt without the BT dropping left and right,,, dont buy this for wireless connectivity thats for sure!

Apr 15, 2024 at 9:28 PM Post #9,273 of 9,288
A DAP for wireless makes no sense anyway. Well, little sense. A phone will do just fine. Better actually. Although I know people say they don't like getting calls on their music device.

Rather than trade in my last phone when I upgraded I just turned my previous phone into my streamer so I have an LG G8X with tons of space and way better screen and specs than any DAP for usability. I mean if you're only streaming to a Bluetooth headphone anyway.

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2024 at 11:24 PM Post #9,274 of 9,288
A DAP for wireless makes no sense anyway. Well, little sense. A phone will do just fine. Better actually. Although I know people say they don't like getting calls on their music device.

Rather than trade in my last phone when I upgraded I just turned my previous phone into my streamer so I have an LG G8X with tons of space and way better screen and specs than any DAP for usability. I mean if you're only streaming to a Bluetooth headphone anyway.
If I intended to ONLY use if for wireless, that would be a good idea. When the 12yo Mac Mini I currently use as a music server at home dies, the DAP will probably be used for that purpose as well.

Apr 16, 2024 at 9:10 AM Post #9,275 of 9,288
does anyone know of when they will update the android op system ... I read somewhere, and can't find it now, that Fiio has plans to upgrade the op system on the M11/M11pro..... anyone heard anything or can point to that post from fiio... its been a couple of months ago that it was posted...

Apr 16, 2024 at 9:35 AM Post #9,276 of 9,288
does anyone know of when they will update the android op system ... I read somewhere, and can't find it now, that Fiio has plans to upgrade the op system on the M11/M11pro..... anyone heard anything or can point to that post from fiio... its been a couple of months ago that it was posted...
I'm sure that I read that the chipset in the m11 (not sure of any other models) could not technically support anything higher than android 6.

It would be nice to find out that this is wrong :)

Apr 16, 2024 at 9:51 AM Post #9,277 of 9,288
I'm sure that I read that the chipset in the m11 (not sure of any other models) could not technically support anything higher than android 6.

It would be nice to find out that this is wrong :)
I was under the same understanding and so when I saw that post from fiio I was surprised... I should have copied the post... sure would like to be able to get Wavelet and Apple Music on the M11pro

Apr 16, 2024 at 10:07 AM Post #9,278 of 9,288
Apparently when the M23 is stable in Android 12 in testing (and/or their other candidates are also stable) they will OTA the upgrade to the rest of the candidates, which as far as I can surmise, will be those that are at Android 10 with Snapdragon 660, such as M17, M15S, M11S, M11 LTD and M11 Plus ESS. The second half of 2024 seems to be the general timeframe for the release.

I know there was a post by one of the FiiO reps on one of the FiiO DAP threads that specifically listed the models that were A12 candidates but I can't find it. I'm not sure if the M11, M11 Pro or M15 with their EXYNOS 7872 would be included but perhaps @FiiO might respond to that direct question on one of the M11/M11 Pro/M15 threads.

I would imagine that the upgrade would start with M23, then M17, and then the rest of the candidates.

Here are a couple threads with the A12 commentary in them FWIW:

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO/...ECC4eE1XcQkDj7Xfbd48SyCLBWWUD4xsl?_rdc=1&_rdr

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/fiio-m23-ak4191eq-ak4499ex-thx-aaa-78-dual-type-c-ports-dual-core-fast-charging-1000mw-32Ω.972077/page-2#post-18022071

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2024 at 4:45 AM Post #9,279 of 9,288
Apparently when the M23 is stable in Android 12 in testing (and/or their other candidates are also stable) they will OTA the upgrade to the rest of the candidates, which as far as I can surmise, will be those that are at Android 10 with Snapdragon 660, such as M17, M15S, M11S, M11 LTD and M11 Plus ESS. The second half of 2024 seems to be the general timeframe for the release.

I know there was a post by one of the FiiO reps on one of the FiiO DAP threads that specifically listed the models that were A12 candidates but I can't find it. I'm not sure if the M11, M11 Pro or M15 with their EXYNOS 7872 would be included but perhaps @FiiO might respond to that direct question on one of the M11/M11 Pro/M15 threads.

I would imagine that the upgrade would start with M23, then M17, and then the rest of the candidates.

Here are a couple threads with the A12 commentary in them FWIW:

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO/...ECC4eE1XcQkDj7Xfbd48SyCLBWWUD4xsl?_rdc=1&_rdr

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/fiio-m23-ak4191eq-ak4499ex-thx-aaa-78-dual-type-c-ports-dual-core-fast-charging-1000mw-32Ω.972077/page-2#post-18022071
Dear friend,

The products with 7872 chips would not have Android version update.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Apr 17, 2024 at 5:25 AM Post #9,280 of 9,288
Boo

Apr 17, 2024 at 8:12 AM Post #9,281 of 9,288

It wasn't really FiiO's fault. Samsung did not provide any support beyond Android 7. Hindsight shows it was a poor choice but I doubt FiiO knew that at the time.

Apr 17, 2024 at 8:24 AM Post #9,282 of 9,288
It wasn't really FiiO's fault. Samsung did not provide any support beyond Android 7. Hindsight shows it was a poor choice but I doubt FiiO knew that at the time.
yes, I know, but still "boo"

I like my 10 year old android based devices to have the latest o/s version.

:)

As long as the guy behind Uapp keeps supporting android 6, I'm happy :)

Apr 17, 2024 at 9:12 AM Post #9,283 of 9,288
This is why I personally feel DAPs are a poor investment. Unless the buyer is comfortable with the knowledge that they may only get 5 years of viable use from the device, if streaming and third party software packages are critical to how they use the device.

If the buyer is comfortable with the possible limitations of such a device, more power to them I say. For my money, if you are mostly streaming and less reliant on local stored content, just use a Smartphone. You have a better shot of it working for longer.

Currently I have a Google Pixel 7Pro. That will be upgraded relatively soon and at that time I will probably turn that into my streaming device.

Apr 17, 2024 at 9:25 AM Post #9,284 of 9,288
I largely agree. I don't stream at all. All files kept locally on the 2x 1tb SD cards. Fits my needs perfectly.

To get similar storage on a phone would be very expensive, if at all possible.

Apr 17, 2024 at 9:58 AM Post #9,285 of 9,288
I largely agree. I don't stream at all. All files kept locally on the 2x 1tb SD cards. Fits my needs perfectly.

To get similar storage on a phone would be very expensive, if at all possible.
Totally get that where local file storage is required. Mind you, with built in storage increasing all the time, pretty soon this will be a moot point and even phones we are upgrading will have enough room for most users.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back