[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
Dec 2, 2022 at 11:51 AM Post #9,211 of 9,288
Thanks 👍

Dec 2, 2022 at 1:49 PM Post #9,212 of 9,288
Update

That didn't solve it. Issues returned. But this was on Build 945.

I went back to previous build 939 and all the options are now shown under Hi Res Output, enabling selection of 96kHz.

So far, after an hour's testing this build is ok. The problems did start after i updated to 945 and I should have realized this before.

Dec 2, 2022 at 2:08 PM Post #9,213 of 9,288
I will bookmark this in case I switch back to Poweramp. Thanks

Dec 29, 2022 at 1:07 PM Post #9,214 of 9,288
FiiO player build 3.1.5 urrrgh

Thought it might be an improvement. Selecting a track from a playlist plays the same (incorrect) track. Rescanned database on all cards and internal drive, still gives the same result.

It's a great piece of hardware and love it but why can't FiiO get their software application passed a Beta level. Had so many different issues over the years with crashes, unstable playback, features not working correctly it really doesn't persuade me to buy another of their products due to software issues.

I may make the leap to iBasso in the future. It's a shame ( and I'm certainly not saying everyone's experiences are the same as I know from Apple forums they are not ) but mine have been far from stellar. When it works it's a wonderful device.

Your mileage may vary.

Dec 29, 2022 at 2:13 PM Post #9,215 of 9,288
FiiO player build 3.1.5 urrrgh

Thought it might be an improvement. Selecting a track from a playlist plays the same (incorrect) track. Rescanned database on all cards and internal drive, still gives the same result.

It's a great piece of hardware and love it but why can't FiiO get their software application passed a Beta level. Had so many different issues over the years with crashes, unstable playback, features not working correctly it really doesn't persuade me to buy another of their products due to software issues.

I may make the leap to iBasso in the future. It's a shame ( and I'm certainly not saying everyone's experiences are the same as I know from Apple forums they are not ) but mine have been far from stellar. When it works it's a wonderful device.

Your mileage may vary.
Where did you find v3.1.5 for the original M11?

Dec 30, 2022 at 10:29 AM Post #9,216 of 9,288
Where did you find v3.1.5 for the original M11?
When i reverted to 3.0.3 and then decided to again take the plunge on 3.1.4 and installed that, it popped up as a prompt to install 3.1.5

I don't see it on their support page though on Fiio.com, latest showing 3.1.4. I have since gone back to 3.1.4 because of the strange behaviour of selecting playlist tracks and always getting Pink Floyd Wish You Were Here

EDIT: It is NOW showing on their support page. I have now installed it via download from the site loading the app onto the device. Seems to be working. Still has the issue with embedded lyrics but it is at least playing the correct songs.

Last edited:
Dec 30, 2022 at 1:09 PM Post #9,217 of 9,288
When i reverted to 3.0.3 and then decided to again take the plunge on 3.1.4 and installed that, it popped up as a prompt to install 3.1.5

I don't see it on their support page though on Fiio.com, latest showing 3.1.4. I have since gone back to 3.1.4 because of the strange behaviour of selecting playlist tracks and always getting Pink Floyd Wish You Were Here

EDIT: It is NOW showing on their support page. I have now installed it via download from the site loading the app onto the device. Seems to be working. Still has the issue with embedded lyrics but it is at least playing the correct songs.
I checked there yesterday but today there it is! Yesterday I found a page of Russian hacked players. I don't trust them so this is great!

Jan 3, 2023 at 4:36 AM Post #9,219 of 9,288
FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jan 4, 2023 at 8:08 AM Post #9,221 of 9,288
I usually shy away from upgrading the default player, since it works just fine for me most of the time, and every single update I've tried has caused issues. With that in mind, I decided to try 3.1.5 for the heck of it, and now the player constantly crashes when trying to load the songs view and start a shuffle. I have 21,000 or so songs on here, and while that might seem like a lot, the old version of the software handled this just fine.

Looks like I'll be reverting back yet again. It's been a while since I've done this - can anyone recall what version of the firmware was on the M11 out of the box? 3.0.3? Thanks!

Jan 10, 2023 at 11:01 AM Post #9,222 of 9,288
I usually shy away from upgrading the default player, since it works just fine for me most of the time, and every single update I've tried has caused issues. With that in mind, I decided to try 3.1.5 for the heck of it, and now the player constantly crashes when trying to load the songs view and start a shuffle. I have 21,000 or so songs on here, and while that might seem like a lot, the old version of the software handled this just fine.

Looks like I'll be reverting back yet again. It's been a while since I've done this - can anyone recall what version of the firmware was on the M11 out of the box? 3.0.3? Thanks!
When I do a factory reset 3.0.3 is what it returns to so I would say yes.

Jan 26, 2023 at 12:24 PM Post #9,224 of 9,288
@FiiO On the main Now Playing screen the first line of the lyrics replaces the album title under the art work. When the user taps through to the VU meter then the lyrics and returns to the album artwork screen, the first line of the lyrics has disappeared and leaves a blank space where the album title should be.

Jan 30, 2023 at 9:12 AM Post #9,225 of 9,288
PXL_20230130_132830221.jpg

My M11 decided to become one with nature today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back