[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
Jul 2, 2020 at 3:48 AM Post #8,206 of 9,288
For the price I think there's nothing that beats it all the things you listed about it are true. The screen is fantastic dual card slots good battery life it converts everything to DSD it's got balanced unbalanced it's got a lot going for it. But the problem is I don't like the sound I can't get past the sound to me it's really bright and I don't like bright to me it's very fatiguing to listen to this thing.

I know you have to pair it with the right headphones or any other monitors how many of those am I going to have to go through to get the right match?.

I actually prefer Burr Brown DAC chips they tend to be a little bit warmer slightly.

I'm kind of with you I don't know what to do do I just keep buying in ear monitors and headphones until I find the right pairing I'm kind of tired of doing that.

I don't know what to do I really just don't know what to do.

I have the XBA-Z5s - they're definitely on the warm side and match perfectly with the M11s. The Z5s also really do benefit with balanced as well.

Thankfully I went the other way and needed a slightly brighter player to make the Z5s shine, making my choice of M11 easy.

Jul 2, 2020 at 10:06 PM Post #8,207 of 9,288
For the price I think there's nothing that beats it all the things you listed about it are true. The screen is fantastic dual card slots good battery life it converts everything to DSD it's got balanced unbalanced it's got a lot going for it. But the problem is I don't like the sound I can't get past the sound to me it's really bright and I don't like bright to me it's very fatiguing to listen to this thing.

I know you have to pair it with the right headphones or any other monitors how many of those am I going to have to go through to get the right match?.

I actually prefer Burr Brown DAC chips they tend to be a little bit warmer slightly.

I'm kind of with you I don't know what to do do I just keep buying in ear monitors and headphones until I find the right pairing I'm kind of tired of doing that.

I don't know what to do I really just don't know what to do.
I bought quite a few player apps but for the best bass signature I would try using Poweramp. The eq does not cut while boosting frequencies and you can adjust the eq preamp overall if you hear any type of distortion. Before you sell the M11 I would at least give Poweramp a try.

Jul 2, 2020 at 10:19 PM Post #8,209 of 9,288
I'm also strongly considering at least trying the fiio fh5 I keep hearing so many good things about it and supposedly it pairs very well with the M11.

I'll try power amp with my current setup and then I'll try Poweramp with the fh5 if I can't get it where I want it d m11 is gone.

Jul 2, 2020 at 10:36 PM Post #8,210 of 9,288
I have the FH-7. They sound great with a smooth high end. I use the M11 for demo'ing studio mixdowns before mastering and Poweramp has a nice feature in its EQ that you can bring up the low bottom and low mids. You can really fine tune whatever phones you are using this way. Hope it helps. Good luck!

Jul 2, 2020 at 10:40 PM Post #8,211 of 9,288
Thank you for the information I was considering the fh5 or the Fa7 . I'll play with it tonight I'll Download Poweramp and see what I can do thanks again.

I wish I could just take those akm chips out and replace them with Burr brown problem solved.

Jul 2, 2020 at 10:42 PM Post #8,212 of 9,288
I got a stupid question I know I have to be playing music through the Poweramp app to apply the EQ. Is there any way to EQ YouTube like what I'm listening to music and videos on YouTube is there any way to slap an EQ on that?

Jul 3, 2020 at 2:37 PM Post #8,215 of 9,288
Just a general question out of curiosity and I know there's a lot of variables but what volume on average does everyone listen to there M11 at?
I use low-gain and between 45 and 50 with my Rai Penta’s.

Jul 3, 2020 at 4:16 PM Post #8,218 of 9,288
Hi gain is going to give it more power Logan's going to have less power.

You should try to always be on the 4.4 mm balanced side the left Jack it's better sound and more power. You may have to buy a different cable for your headphones or in ear monitors whatever you're using to get a balanced cable in my opinion it's worth it.

Also if you put it on all DSD if you go into the settings click on audio and then click all DSD and you're on the balanced side it's as good as it gets you can't get better sound out of out of the M11. It will suck your battery a lot faster that's why when you're at home you should have your battery 100% charged and plug in the USB and it will power the unit without using the battery.

Jul 3, 2020 at 4:21 PM Post #8,219 of 9,288
Hi gain is going to give it more power Logan's going to have less power.

You should try to always be on the 4.4 mm balanced side the left Jack it's better sound and more power. You may have to buy a different cable for your headphones or in ear monitors whatever you're using to get a balanced cable in my opinion it's worth it.

Also if you put it on all DSD if you go into the settings click on audio and then click all DSD and you're on the balanced side it's as good as it gets you can't get better sound out of out of the M11. It will suck your battery a lot faster that's why when you're at home you should have your battery 100% charged and plug in the USB and it will power the unit without using the battery.

Any recommendations for a good 4.4 cable replacement?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back