[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
Jun 30, 2020 at 6:25 AM Post #8,191 of 9,288
Is there another music player that's better than the fiio music player? Is there a better EQ to download ?

I was listening to the all DSD which is kind of cool convert everything to DSD I definitely noticed a difference in the sound quality but it sucks the battery down like crazy I'm imagine you probably only get about three hours of play and I think dead to better take so much power I think the all DSD sounds pretty good.

Okay well I got my cable ordered from Amazon I'll have it in a couple days I want to see if the balanced side makes any kind of difference other than more power obviously I want to hear a sound difference.

There's lots of things that I really like about this thing the screen is beautiful the whole thing seems built very well very solid. Thanks again everybody sorry for so many questions.
Poweramp has better EQ though the UI is not as smooth but is quicker and auto updates your library each time without a manual scan

Jun 30, 2020 at 8:05 AM Post #8,192 of 9,288
Does the 'all to DSD' feature only work when using the fiio music app?

Also, I can't wrap my head around something... in order to benefit fully from the fiio dac and bypass Android audio limits one would need to use UAPP? If I use Plex, or Fiio Music, or any other app, it would be the same as using any android device and I'm not benefiting at all from the fiio hardware? That seems strange if it's the case.

Jun 30, 2020 at 9:01 AM Post #8,193 of 9,288
No, it seems all to DSD is also available with Neutron and I think UAPP too (I can transfer it to a SMSL M500 DAC as DSD after EQ).

Jun 30, 2020 at 11:28 AM Post #8,195 of 9,288
I didn't try recently with Tidal, but yes .. you can choose the place you want to save offline any of your playlists

Jun 30, 2020 at 11:58 AM Post #8,196 of 9,288
Well I finally 'traded up' to Tidal from Spotify (got on one of those £3 for 3 month deals) - should have moved my lazy ass earlier from as even on 'high' setting it's better than Spotify (i'll use high on my iphone for on the go/cellular use).

No comparison once you bump up to 'hifi'. Just curious now to see how this MQA saga pans out. The M11 combo along with the Sony XBA-Z5s leaves me very content.

Jun 30, 2020 at 7:10 PM Post #8,197 of 9,288
One thing I have noticed about the M11 the Wi-Fi is not as good as a good mobile phone. My daily cell phone gets full bars where my fiio is only getting 3 bars so the Wi-Fi is definitely not as good.

Can anybody answer me if there's a big difference in the sound going from 4.4 balanced side to the standard 3.5 mm side do you hear a difference in the sound not just loudness but the tone?

Jun 30, 2020 at 10:33 PM Post #8,199 of 9,288
One other question guys I can't find it in the manual can I leave my M11 plugged in to through the USB even though the battery is 100% charged and use it to run I the m 11 while I'm at home?
Yes you can leave it plugged in, as it shuts off charging automatically.

Jul 1, 2020 at 2:25 PM Post #8,201 of 9,288
Well I now have the daunting task of trying to find a warm IEM in the 200 to $300 price range. Because the M11 is too bright the treble is too bright for me I need something to tone it down.i played with the EQ. I've loaded USB audio Pro which to me is 50 times better than the fiio music player and I messed with the EQ. I need a warm luscious set of iems any recommendations would be appreciated.

Jul 2, 2020 at 12:13 AM Post #8,202 of 9,288
I hooked up my balanced cable and I got today for my moondrops and I plugged into the 4.4 millimeter balanced side of the M11.

It sounds a little bit better minutely on the balanced side there's more power but it doesn't sound terribly better.

I think rather than spending loads of time trying different in-ear monitors with a warmer sound signature to try to get rid of the brightness of the M11 I'm just going to sell the M11. I do prefer the sound on all DSD it does sound better and the balanced side together but it kills the battery in like no time it's okay if you're at home and you can leave it plugged in but when you're outside it doesn't last long.

Anyways thank you everybody for your help anybody's interested in buying a basically brand-new M11 it's up for sale send me a personal message if you're interested thank you again.

Jul 2, 2020 at 2:01 AM Post #8,203 of 9,288
on my 10th month with this. i thought of selling it off so the buyer could still have 2 months of warranty left. but browsing on the current lineup of daps at similar price range, i personally cannot find anything better than M11. SQ "might" be better with ibasso dx160 or shanling m6 but m11 still holds its own. dual microsd, fewer bugs, good battery life. still trying to decide on what to do.:relaxed:

Jul 2, 2020 at 2:21 AM Post #8,205 of 9,288
For the price I think there's nothing that beats it all the things you listed about it are true. The screen is fantastic dual card slots good battery life it converts everything to DSD it's got balanced unbalanced it's got a lot going for it. But the problem is I don't like the sound I can't get past the sound to me it's really bright and I don't like bright to me it's very fatiguing to listen to this thing.

I know you have to pair it with the right headphones or any other monitors how many of those am I going to have to go through to get the right match?.

I actually prefer Burr Brown DAC chips they tend to be a little bit warmer slightly.

I'm kind of with you I don't know what to do do I just keep buying in ear monitors and headphones until I find the right pairing I'm kind of tired of doing that.

I don't know what to do I really just don't know what to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back