[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
Sep 24, 2019 at 6:31 AM Post #6,661 of 9,288
After a long time of analysis, currently,we think that this problem is caused by Amazon Music itself, but we will still follow that problem.
1. In Amazon music v16.2.4 version, a sampling rate less than 88.2k cannot be played , while v16.1.10 version can.
2. When playing sampling rate 48K in amazon music v16.2.4, the parameters are not set correctly, which lead to the crash of libOpenSLES library
W libOpenSLES: Leaving BufferQueue::Enqueue (SL_RESULT_PARAMETER_INVALID)
AmznMusic_DMPPlayer: [audiodriverimp.cpp :289] Failed to enqueue next frame, enqueue result code = 2
The final result is that the application has no data for the underlying playback. So the underlying mixer programme enters standby mode.

3. When the third-party app starts playback first (the sampling rate is higher than or equal to 88.2k), the underlying will use the previous parameter to set track if you turn on the Amazon Music app after that. And the Amazon Music app could work fine now.

Therefore, this issue with sampling rate less than 88.2k is required to fix by Amazon Music. And we have reported to them as well.
Please also contact Amazon Music if you have the same problem in order to get their attention for fixing this problem in sooner time.

QQ图片20190924182606.png

Best regards

Last edited:
FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Sep 24, 2019 at 7:23 AM Post #6,662 of 9,288
After a long time of analysis, currently,we think that this problem is caused by Amazon Music itself, but we will still follow that problem.
1. In Amazon music v16.2.4 version, a sampling rate less than 88.2k cannot be played , while v16.1.10 version can.
2. When playing sampling rate 48K in amazon music v16.2.4, the parameters are not set correctly, which lead to the crash of libOpenSLES library
W libOpenSLES: Leaving BufferQueue::Enqueue (SL_RESULT_PARAMETER_INVALID)
AmznMusic_DMPPlayer: [audiodriverimp.cpp :289] Failed to enqueue next frame, enqueue result code = 2
The final result is that the application has no data for the underlying playback. So the underlying mixer programme enters standby mode.

3. When the third-party app starts playback first (the sampling rate is higher than or equal to 88.2k), the underlying will use the previous parameter to set track if you turn on the Amazon Music app after that. And the Amazon Music app could work fine now.

Therefore, this issue with sampling rate less than 88.2k is required to fix by Amazon Music. And we have reported to them as well.
Please also contact Amazon Music if you have the same problem in order to get their attention for fixing this problem in sooner time.

Best regards
Great work thanks for helping get this sorted!

Sep 24, 2019 at 2:47 PM Post #6,663 of 9,288
if anyone is interested in a great condition M11, i'm looking to let mine go.

Sep 24, 2019 at 3:27 PM Post #6,665 of 9,288
Was there update or is it a bug that i can play tidal MQA on my M11 ?

Yes you can store all formats on the sd card.

I have bin using the app but not reliable the hole time a lot of no playing the downloaded music spontanius reboots hangs etc etc.

I am using only the fiio app for the moment now.

Oke ty. I got M11 now and super with FH7 + LC-D cable

Qobus feels so slow but tidal every thing go super fast. Hope thy fix that

Last edited:
Sep 25, 2019 at 5:05 AM Post #6,668 of 9,288
This may sound like a stupid question for Fiio, but I hope they don't take it as such. I think this device hits a lot of what I am looking for in a dedicated DAP (minus full open operating system) but is there anyway to have a future firmware update include options to turn off certain hardware features (dedicated amp, etc). Let me explain my thinking before I get flamed with comments of "well why would you purchase this if you are not going to use those features", etc, etc. There are certain situations where I could find myself not necessarily needing the extra amp if I'm not pushing a headset or IEM that would require it and I believe this would give me more battery time by not having it enabled. I could be wrong on how it works but would really like to see some sort of low-power mode in the firmware that would extend out the battery life for when certain options were not being used.

Something similar to how smart phones currently enable their power management (like my galaxy s8 can give me XXX amount of more battery by reducing screen resolution or putting apps to sleep that aren't being actively used, etc. The function is already a part of the android operating system it would just require you, the developer, to enable these options in the firmware, to give the end user the option to disable certain aspects as the need arises. I think this is certainly an aspect that is currently lacking in an already competitive market that would help set it apart from other players. You already give us a powerful DAC (for some more than they will ever have need for) so for those users giving them an option to get extended battery times when not using them would be a definite plus when selecting their next DAC to purchase.

Sep 25, 2019 at 5:35 AM Post #6,669 of 9,288
This may sound like a stupid question for Fiio, but I hope they don't take it as such. I think this device hits a lot of what I am looking for in a dedicated DAP (minus full open operating system) but is there anyway to have a future firmware update include options to turn off certain hardware features (dedicated amp, etc). Let me explain my thinking before I get flamed with comments of "well why would you purchase this if you are not going to use those features", etc, etc. There are certain situations where I could find myself not necessarily needing the extra amp if I'm not pushing a headset or IEM that would require it and I believe this would give me more battery time by not having it enabled. I could be wrong on how it works but would really like to see some sort of low-power mode in the firmware that would extend out the battery life for when certain options were not being used.

Something similar to how smart phones currently enable their power management (like my galaxy s8 can give me XXX amount of more battery by reducing screen resolution or putting apps to sleep that aren't being actively used, etc. The function is already a part of the android operating system it would just require you, the developer, to enable these options in the firmware, to give the end user the option to disable certain aspects as the need arises. I think this is certainly an aspect that is currently lacking in an already competitive market that would help set it apart from other players. You already give us a powerful DAC (for some more than they will ever have need for) so for those users giving them an option to get extended battery times when not using them would be a definite plus when selecting their next DAC to purchase.
Dear friend,

Thanks for your kind feedback. If you would like to save the battery, you may try to set the 'keep wifi on during sleep' option to never and turn off the Bluetooth option when you not use the M11 for a long time. We will also report your feedback to the engineer.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Sep 25, 2019 at 5:36 AM Post #6,670 of 9,288
Hi guys,

I currently own an onkyo dp-x1a and thinking of upgrading to the fiio m11 or m11 pro.

Two questions...

1 - is this worth the upgrade? as my onkyo constantly has Bluetooth issues.

2 - what's the bass response like?

I normally use poweramp, and i listen to hip hop bassy tunes mostly.

Also this fiio m11 looks amazing.

Also what hi res iems would match the m11 as I've heard there's a hiss with lower end of the iems.

Last edited:
Sep 25, 2019 at 6:14 AM Post #6,671 of 9,288
Hi guys,

I currently own an onkyo dp-x1a and thinking of upgrading to the fiio m11 or m11 pro.

Two questions...

Also what hi res iems would match the m11 as I've heard there's a hiss with lower end of the iems.
M11 is a great solution! In M11, low frequencies are not accented, so headphones will be more likely to affect low frequencies.. By themselves, the low frequencies in the M11 are deep, dense, shock. What will be the sound in the M11Pro is not yet known. But, I advise you to wait for the first professional overview on the M11Pro and then, after comparing the two devices, decide for yourself what suits you best.

Last edited:
Sep 25, 2019 at 6:28 AM Post #6,672 of 9,288
Hi guys,

Two questions...

I can't speak to the relative upgrade value if you already have a dap, but I can definitely help with the first question. The Bluetooth is great. The key thing is AptX HD. I bought a couple of Blu-dento HD receivers to attach to household stereos, and the M11 works great with them, and the sound is terrific. I like the Blu-dento HD's because they're always on, always ready to hook up to the M11, none of this toy speaker "times out and turns off if nothing plays for 10 minutes" behavior. Anyway, check the bluetooth concerns off your list.

As for bass response, I can't specifically address that from a bass-head perspective, but I would think that's more about your headphones than the M11.

As for hiss on IEMs, that's more a matter of impedance, check around for what the specs are, I don't use IEMs, but I think the M11 does not like IEMs with impedance less than 16 Ohms.

Last edited:
Sep 25, 2019 at 6:33 AM Post #6,673 of 9,288
I'm trying fo figure out why, every once in a while, playback stalls intermittently on my M11. I have noticed it once in a rare while on the FiiO player, but mostly I notice it with Tidal. The thing is, it happens sometimes when playing downloaded content where internet connectivity should not be an issue (though perhaps Tidal is phoning home and stalling even though the content is downloaded?). It's really annoying when it happens, and given that I have observed more minor stalls in the FiiO player on occasion I'm wondering if it's just the M11 having trouble decoding the music or something. Anybody else seen this? I don't have many more details at this time. Most of the time everything is well behaved. When it does occur, it seems to get in a little "stall loop". Stall, play, stall, play, stall, play, until eventually it recovers. Again, this is for _local_ content, not streaming content.

I have considered that it may be bluetooth issues as my office is an RF no-man's-land of signals and most of the time when it occurs I'm listening via bluetooth. At this moment I'm struggling to remember if I've clearly caught it in this stalling behavior on my headphones.

Last edited:
Sep 25, 2019 at 7:15 AM Post #6,674 of 9,288
I'm trying fo figure out why, every once in a while, playback stalls intermittently on my M11. I have noticed it once in a rare while on the FiiO player, but mostly I notice it with Tidal. The thing is, it happens sometimes when playing downloaded content where internet connectivity should not be an issue (though perhaps Tidal is phoning home and stalling even though the content is downloaded?). It's really annoying when it happens, and given that I have observed more minor stalls in the FiiO player on occasion I'm wondering if it's just the M11 having trouble decoding the music or something. Anybody else seen this? I don't have many more details at this time. Most of the time everything is well behaved. When it does occur, it seems to get in a little "stall loop". Stall, play, stall, play, stall, play, until eventually it recovers. Again, this is for _local_ content, not streaming content.

I have considered that it may be bluetooth issues as my office is an RF no-man's-land of signals and most of the time when it occurs I'm listening via bluetooth. At this moment I'm struggling to remember if I've clearly caught it in this stalling behavior on my headphones.
Mine stalls when I’m streaming and Wi-Fi signal drops below perfect. And it doesn’t recover once stalled. Not sure about offline Tidal, haven’t tried that, but assuming the files have actually downloaded then it shouldn’t be an issue - I’ve had instances where I thought some files were downloaded but weren’t. Local SD card playback is rock solid.

Sep 25, 2019 at 8:10 AM Post #6,675 of 9,288
Was working for me earlier. I wonder which service they use to feed lyrics from. @FiiO may I suggest you give users different lyrics services to choose from. Also suggest giving the option to change font colours. Difficult to see the red text.
FB_IMG_1569413266777.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back