[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
Sep 26, 2019 at 9:00 AM Post #6,691 of 9,286
27F22FE6-2A54-493B-B31E-6385CEACA3F1.jpeg
Yesterday, I also joined the club in spite of knowing, that the M11pro would be available soon.
It is my first DAP, I am switching from an ifi xDSD and iDSD micro and I am totally satisfied! The sound signature is different, but not in a bad way.

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2019 at 10:47 AM Post #6,694 of 9,286
Many, many people (especially around here) buy new stuff for the thrill - not because they need. It’s having the ‘latest and greatest’ that counts. I promise you all these guys dumping the M11 for the Pro will be dumping the Pro as soon as the M15 comes out, and again for the M15 Pro. That’s the ‘hobby’.

Oh yea, I fully get the whole GAS part of the hobby. It is fun to get new toys :wink:

Sep 26, 2019 at 3:02 PM Post #6,695 of 9,286
Picking up my m11 tomorrow out of interest what sort of cans would people recommend?

I'm currently using v moda crossfade wireless 2 codex, but was considering getting a pair of the Sony 1000xm3 but after testing them today, they feel so cheep and breakable. Also the bass doesn't feel as powerful.

I want a pair of cans that can deliver incredible sub bass detail, more thunderous the better.

Any recommendations?

Bluetooth or wired, don't really care as so long as they're portable.

Sep 26, 2019 at 3:06 PM Post #6,696 of 9,286
Yesterday, I also joined the club in spite of knowing, that the M11pro would be available soon.
It is my first DAP, I am switching from an ifi xDSD and iDSD micro and I am totally satisfied! The sound signature is different, but not in a bad way.
I'm an XDSD, and a Mojo user. Also using Solaris. What tips are you using?

Sep 26, 2019 at 3:08 PM Post #6,697 of 9,286
Picking up my m11 tomorrow out of interest what sort of cans would people recommend?

I'm currently using v moda crossfade wireless 2 codex, but was considering getting a pair of the Sony 1000xm3 but after testing them today, they feel so cheep and breakable. Also the bass doesn't feel as powerful.

I want a pair of cans that can deliver incredible sub bass detail, more thunderous the better.

Any recommendations?

Don't know what your definition of portable is, but the Meze 99 classics have much better, deeper, stronger bass impact than the V-Moda

Sep 26, 2019 at 3:13 PM Post #6,698 of 9,286
Don't know what your definition of portable is, but the Meze 99 classics have much better, deeper, stronger bass impact than the V-Moda

Thanks, didn't like the Meze 99 at all.

I listen to hip hop, soul and rnb.

Which is why i went for the v modas.

I've tried many before and nothing felt as good as the v moda.

But I'm looking for q change.

I also want a tight feel with the over ears.

Hope that makes sense

Sep 26, 2019 at 3:19 PM Post #6,699 of 9,286

Any recommendations?

I went with the FH7 with mine as they both seem like they were designed for one another.

Sep 26, 2019 at 3:19 PM Post #6,700 of 9,286
Thanks, didn't like the Meze 99 at all.

I listen to hip hop, soul and rnb.

Which is why i went for the v modas.

I've tried many before and nothing felt as good as the v moda.

But I'm looking for q change.

I also want a tight feel with the over ears.

Hope that makes sense
You probably won’t find better for the price and for the music you listen to than V-Moda. For bass impact they’re about the best you can get. They’re not the most clear or resolving or refined, but that’s not what your after. If you do want more refined with excellent deep bass, try the B&W P7 Wireless. Can still use them wired as well, and the SQ and build quality is a few notches above V-Moda. Feel is nice and tight too and they’re very portable.

Sep 26, 2019 at 3:22 PM Post #6,702 of 9,286
I went with the FH7 with mine as they both seem like they were designed for one another.
I was going to suggest an IEM, but I’d go for the FH5 if it’s pure sub bass you’re after. FH7 (which I have) is more refined and resolving but the bass isn’t as big as the FH5. You should also check out the R2 Aten by IMR. Thunderous bass - probably the biggest bass I’ve heard in any IEM.

Sep 26, 2019 at 3:30 PM Post #6,703 of 9,286
I was going to suggest an IEM, but I’d go for the FH5 if it’s pure sub bass you’re after. FH7 (which I have) is more refined and resolving but the bass isn’t as big as the FH5. You should also check out the R2 Aten by IMR. Thunderous bass - probably the biggest bass I’ve heard in any IEM.

I haven’t heard the FH5 but like you said I hear they’re really good for the type of music the OP has an appreciation for. Another good choice is the SE846. They go deep and is quite pleasant to listen through.

Sep 26, 2019 at 3:34 PM Post #6,704 of 9,286
I am happy with the M11, one or two little "gripes" the album art is not all displayed and I am using the card I used in a previous other make player where it all displayed correctly. Also tried using the find artwork in the Fiio player and it's as much use as a chocolate fire guard..!! 95% of the time it finds nothing. Also no way can I get the Fiio Link to work, it refuses to connect to my WiFi, just connects then says "disconnected" useless but not really needed anyway so I will forget that one. Other issues are that my Sony 100XM3 disconnects as soon as play of a music folder stops. I then have to pick up the M11 and press play again as it can't be controlled by the headphone. Strange behaviour, not had that with any other player with these Sony phones. Otherwise I still like the sound battery life and the screen and two card slots...

Sep 26, 2019 at 10:37 PM Post #6,705 of 9,286
I am happy with the M11, one or two little "gripes" the album art is not all displayed and I am using the card I used in a previous other make player where it all displayed correctly. Also tried using the find artwork in the Fiio player and it's as much use as a chocolate fire guard..!! 95% of the time it finds nothing. Also no way can I get the Fiio Link to work, it refuses to connect to my WiFi, just connects then says "disconnected" useless but not really needed anyway so I will forget that one. Other issues are that my Sony 100XM3 disconnects as soon as play of a music folder stops. I then have to pick up the M11 and press play again as it can't be controlled by the headphone. Strange behaviour, not had that with any other player with these Sony phones. Otherwise I still like the sound battery life and the screen and two card slots...
Dear friend,

Did you try other wifi and check again? Make sure that the M11 and the mobile phone are in same Wifi.
Does the same issue happen when connecting to other Bluetooth headphone? If not, try to forget the 100XM3 in the M11 and reconnect again?

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back