[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
Jun 19, 2019 at 4:21 PM Post #3,242 of 9,288
I don't understand ...

I've been checking the b&h photo website to see when the M11 would be in stock .. the last 3 weeks it has been in a pre-order status ... Once it was in stock I would buy it in person at the store.

This morning at 4:30am the M11 was in stock ... so I ordered it online ... Right after that the M11 went back to a pre-order status ... I figured it was some sort of glitch ... But no it wasn't ... I received a shipping notice and it will be delivered tomorrow ...

Does that mean I got the last item from a very recent shipment?

Pretty much, yes. I order a lot of camera gear from them and it's the same process. I think when an item is first coming out and in demand, they keep the "pre-order" status instead of "back ordered" as a technicality at best. I asked them about it once and they said that sometimes they don't know how many units they'll get until they arrive with some companies. So they fill the orders as they receive them.

Enjoy your new toy!

Jun 19, 2019 at 4:38 PM Post #3,243 of 9,288
I don't understand ...

I've been checking the b&h photo website to see when the M11 would be in stock .. the last 3 weeks it has been in a pre-order status ... Once it was in stock I would buy it in person at the store.

This morning at 4:30am the M11 was in stock ... so I ordered it online ... Right after that the M11 went back to a pre-order status ... I figured it was some sort of glitch ... But no it wasn't ... I received a shipping notice and it will be delivered tomorrow ...

Does that mean I got the last item from a very recent shipment?

Probably, maybe at this point b&h is getting limited numbers.

Jun 19, 2019 at 4:56 PM Post #3,245 of 9,288
Does playback stop for anyone when using the Fiio Music app? I'm listening through the 4.4mm port and sound will cut out with a slight pop sound but the track itself will continue to play through based on the progress bar on screen. Playback becomes audible again once I hit previous or next track. I have had the player for two days and it's happened a few times. This issue doesn't present itself during its use as a bluetooth receiver or as a USB DAC for my PC. I'm suspecting this is a bug related to the Fiio Music app and can be patched out with an update. @JamesFiiO

Jun 19, 2019 at 5:02 PM Post #3,246 of 9,288
Does playback stop for anyone when using the Fiio Music app? I'm listening through the 4.4mm port and sound will cut out with a slight pop sound but the track itself will continue to play through based on the progress bar on screen. Playback becomes audible again once I hit previous or next track. I have had the player for two days and it's happened a few times. This issue doesn't present itself during its use as a bluetooth receiver or as a USB DAC for my PC. I'm suspecting this is a bug related to the Fiio Music app and can be patched out with an update. @JamesFiiO

No such issues here buddy sorry, have you tried a cheeky power reset or even the full on factory reset. Sorry cant give more help good luck.

Juj

Jun 19, 2019 at 5:49 PM Post #3,248 of 9,288

Nope, fiio music plays flawless for me.

Jun 19, 2019 at 5:59 PM Post #3,250 of 9,288
What's the deal with it? Was looking to just probably go that route for the peq alone. Was on that website last night and just thought it was pay $6.99 and download the apk/install.

The e-mail account used for the purchase on Neutron website must be registered in the Accounts section of the settings menu of the device, but on the M11 you can't add any account in this menu.

Jun 19, 2019 at 7:20 PM Post #3,252 of 9,288
What's the deal with it? Was looking to just probably go that route for the peq alone. Was on that website last night and just thought it was pay $6.99 and download the apk/install.

Its not that easy?

Apparently not, M11 doesn't have google support, but some have installed it (post 1251). I'm a bit confused.

and it's been gone over ad nauseam on the thread.

:blush:

Last edited:
Jun 19, 2019 at 7:30 PM Post #3,253 of 9,288
I haven't been able to replicate my issue so I'm hoping it was just a fluke. Other than that, the player has been fantastic.

Had the same issue but it doesn't happen all the time. Reported it to Fiio but when I tried creating the error log file as they previously instructed so they can analyze the problematic song/songs, alas, I cannot replicate the issue either. Not a fluke, but definitely a firmware issue. I don't think it's hardware. It happened on a playlist while in shuffle mode. Did not have the issue if not on playlists and/or shuffle. @JamesFiiO kindly take note.

Jun 19, 2019 at 8:32 PM Post #3,254 of 9,288
Had the same issue but it doesn't happen all the time. Reported it to Fiio but when I tried creating the error log file as they previously instructed so they can analyze the problematic song/songs, alas, I cannot replicate the issue either. Not a fluke, but definitely a firmware issue. I don't think it's hardware. It happened on a playlist while in shuffle mode. Did not have the issue if not on playlists and/or shuffle. @JamesFiiO kindly take note.
Thanks for corroborating. I rather not return my unit if it's something that can be patched out. I just hope anyone else who experiences this speaks up so we can make our case to @JamesFiiO .

Jun 19, 2019 at 9:22 PM Post #3,255 of 9,288
Thanks for corroborating. I rather not return my unit if it's something that can be patched out. I just hope anyone else who experiences this speaks up so we can make our case to @JamesFiiO .

You're welcome! What you could try as well are:

1. Play the same song in the Local Music (all song list). It should be able to play completely.
2. Try it in the Folder view. Should be no hiccups as well.
3. Try Album view. Should be fine.
4. Try playing a previous song before it up until the end of the actual song in any of these views. Should be fine too.
5. Try with another app (e.g. Hiby). If it plays fine, it's really firmware.

I imagine there's something off with the playlists algorithm but only Fiio could confirm that.

BUT mind you that there are songs that are actually corrupted. If even Foobar could not play it, the song is the problem. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back