1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

FiiO M11-Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by FiiO, Mar 19, 2019.
Tags:
First

Back
152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161
163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172
Next

Last
  1. DrKrFfXx
    I have paired it the most with my Sony XBA N3, like I said. The Walkman and Cayin make them sing.

With the M11, I'm more surrounded with sibilance and over sharpness. As if the balanced armature gets overdriven. It is a hybrid with a BA acting as a twitter, mind you.

I have some other portable headphones, Sennheiser Momentum M2, Sony 100AP or something, and one iem SE215, but this one is too low ebd to count.

All of them quite dark, but haven't give them any playtime, since my XBA are my new babies, I even bought a balanced cable just to get the full experience.

In the end, I basically got the M11 because of the XBA N3. I wanted to drive them from higher end sources as all I hear from people going balanced with them is praise, pure praise.

gLer likes this.
  2. gLer
    I haven’t heard those IEMs myself so can’t say. But synergy is very important and like any amp/IEM/headphone the synergy needs to be there for them to sing together. Maybe give the M11 a few solid days of break-in time and go from there. Sibilance and brightness are definitely not in the vocabulary with the IEMs and headphones I’ve used with the M11 so far.

3. DrKrFfXx
    The Sennheiser 58X sound quite outstanding with the M11, mind you. Never heard them sound so impactful and detailed. No sibilance, at all, of course.

4. gLer
    There you go - it’s all about synergy. I’ve always said, review an amp/dac/amp with 5 different headphones and you’ll get 5 different reviews...

5. Caguioa
    THE thing is i am BLASTING these at 120 volume and its not even loud,with my bluetooths, its nowhere close to what they should be sounding,

on wired 90+ is already way to loud.

they are loud and clear when using my iphone7 via blutooth,

my source is soundcloud/flac + same bluetooth device, files and bluetooth has been disapoiting if anything,

would like to hear what bluetooth everyone else has been using for m11

6. DrKrFfXx
    A shame those bastards are open back. Can't wear them on the Metro haha

7. gLer
    I agree, you should never, ever come close to 120 on the volume dial. Are you using high gain or low gain? Make sure it’s on high gain. My iPhone 7 Bluetooth is also much louder than the M11, in my car at least. What are you listening with?

8. Caguioa
    workout headphones powerbeats 3, its loud as is

and i have tried both low and high gain
    + Ldac Quality - normal

9. gLer
    Have you tried other headphones? Definitely do so before coming to any conclusions.

10. Caguioa
    tried the
    RMCE-BT1 for my shure, it had super low volume/

but was told that that one is trash, the version 2 is much better i was told but it only comes in all black color, just dont wanna spend the cash if that upgrade will just replicate low sounding.

11. gLer
    I think I might know what the problem is, or at least part of it. You mention you’re using LDAC with your Powerbeats. Bad news - your Powerbeats don’t support LDAC. In fact they only support AAC (which the M11 does not support), and SBC (lowest quality Bluetooth codec), so your M11 can only connect to them via SBC. Everyone who’s raves about the quality of the M11 Bluetooth has been using either AptX or LDAC, so the first thing you’ll need to do is get headphones with these codecs if you want to make the most of the M11’s Bluetooth capabilities. If not, the iPhone will definitely sound better, especially since your Powerbeats are made to work with Apple first and foremost. As for the Shure BT adapter, I can’t comment but others have already said it’s very poor quality so again, try get something better.

Neither the Powerbeats or the Shure adapter seem like a good fit for the M11 at all.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2019
  12. Caguioa
    just tried them via sbc it still sounds the same and i am cranked it up to 120 volume

im interested what other are using to pair m11's

wired the 846 sound great,

13. gLer
    Yes, SBC output could be the problem. Doesn’t matter if you set your M11 to LDAC - you can ONLY connect to the Powerbeats via SBC because the Powerbeats don’t support LDAC.

If the 846 sound great wired but poor with the BT adapter, then what others are saying about the quality of the BT adapter must be true.

Either way it’s clear you’re not going to get good Bluetooth from the M11 with the Powerbeats OR the Shure adapter.

14. fatmanny
    mattg3 likes this.
  15. psikey
    Sounds awesome & loud using my Fiio BTR3/SE846's via LDAC.

First

Back
152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161
163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172
Next

Last