[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
Jun 8, 2019 at 12:06 PM Post #2,416 of 9,288
What IEMs/headphones are you using? This makes a much bigger difference to the sound than the dap. Perhaps try a pair of slightly warmer or fuller headphones if that’s more your preference? I owned the N3 myself and while I love that little dap it really can’t compare to the power and resolution of the M11.

I have paired it the most with my Sony XBA N3, like I said. The Walkman and Cayin make them sing.

With the M11, I'm more surrounded with sibilance and over sharpness. As if the balanced armature gets overdriven. It is a hybrid with a BA acting as a twitter, mind you.

I have some other portable headphones, Sennheiser Momentum M2, Sony 100AP or something, and one iem SE215, but this one is too low ebd to count.

All of them quite dark, but haven't give them any playtime, since my XBA are my new babies, I even bought a balanced cable just to get the full experience.

In the end, I basically got the M11 because of the XBA N3. I wanted to drive them from higher end sources as all I hear from people going balanced with them is praise, pure praise.

Jun 8, 2019 at 12:14 PM Post #2,417 of 9,288
I have paired it the most with my Sony XBA N3, like I said. The Walkman and Cayin make them sing.

With the M11, I'm more surrounded with sibilance and over sharpness. As if the balanced armature gets overdriven. It is a hybrid with a BA acting as a twitter, mind you.

I have some other portable headphones, Sennheiser Momentum M2, Sony 100AP or something, and one iem SE215, but this one is too low ebd to count.

All of them quite dark, but haven't give them any playtime, since my XBA are my new babies, I even bought a balanced cable just to get the full experience.

In the end, I basically got the M11 because of the XBA N3. I wanted to drive them from higher end sources as all I hear from people going balanced with them is praise, pure praise.
I haven’t heard those IEMs myself so can’t say. But synergy is very important and like any amp/IEM/headphone the synergy needs to be there for them to sing together. Maybe give the M11 a few solid days of break-in time and go from there. Sibilance and brightness are definitely not in the vocabulary with the IEMs and headphones I’ve used with the M11 so far.

Jun 8, 2019 at 12:24 PM Post #2,418 of 9,288
I haven’t heard those IEMs myself so can’t say. But synergy is very important and like any amp/IEM/headphone the synergy needs to be there for them to sing together. Maybe give the M11 a few solid days of break-in time and go from there. Sibilance and brightness are definitely not in the vocabulary with the IEMs and headphones I’ve used with the M11 so far.

The Sennheiser 58X sound quite outstanding with the M11, mind you. Never heard them sound so impactful and detailed. No sibilance, at all, of course.

Jun 8, 2019 at 12:29 PM Post #2,419 of 9,288
The Sennheiser 58X sound quite outstanding with the M11, mind you. Never heard them sound so impactful and detailed. No sibilance, at all, of course.
There you go - it’s all about synergy. I’ve always said, review an amp/dac/amp with 5 different headphones and you’ll get 5 different reviews...

Jun 8, 2019 at 12:31 PM Post #2,420 of 9,288
Hi-res has nothing to do with volume. By all accounts the M11 has brilliant BT output - it’s just not as loud with certain headphones/devices. You needn’t worry. Of course it’ll sound better with wired headphones, but that’s only because Bluetooth is not quite up to wired SQ yet.

THE thing is i am BLASTING these at 120 volume and its not even loud,with my bluetooths, its nowhere close to what they should be sounding,

on wired 90+ is already way to loud.

they are loud and clear when using my iphone7 via blutooth,

my source is soundcloud/flac + same bluetooth device, files and bluetooth has been disapoiting if anything,

would like to hear what bluetooth everyone else has been using for m11

Jun 8, 2019 at 12:35 PM Post #2,422 of 9,288
THE thing is i am BLASTING these at 120 volume and its not even loud,with my bluetooths, its nowhere close to what they should be sounding,

on wired 90+ is already way to loud.

they are loud and clear when using my iphone7 via blutooth,

my source is soundcloud/flac + same bluetooth device, files and bluetooth has been disapoiting if anything,

would like to hear what bluetooth everyone else has been using for m11
I agree, you should never, ever come close to 120 on the volume dial. Are you using high gain or low gain? Make sure it’s on high gain. My iPhone 7 Bluetooth is also much louder than the M11, in my car at least. What are you listening with?

Jun 8, 2019 at 12:39 PM Post #2,423 of 9,288
I agree, you should never, ever come close to 120 on the volume dial. Are you using high gain or low gain? Make sure it’s on high gain. My iPhone 7 Bluetooth is also much louder than the M11, in my car at least. What are you listening with?

workout headphones powerbeats 3, its loud as is

and i have tried both low and high gain
+ Ldac Quality - normal

Jun 8, 2019 at 12:44 PM Post #2,425 of 9,288
Have you tried other headphones? Definitely do so before coming to any conclusions.

tried the
RMCE-BT1 for my shure, it had super low volume/

but was told that that one is trash, the version 2 is much better i was told but it only comes in all black color, just dont wanna spend the cash if that upgrade will just replicate low sounding.

Jun 8, 2019 at 12:55 PM Post #2,426 of 9,288
tried the
RMCE-BT1 for my shure, it had super low volume/

but was told that that one is trash, the version 2 is much better i was told but it only comes in all black color, just dont wanna spend the cash if that upgrade will just replicate low sounding.
I think I might know what the problem is, or at least part of it. You mention you’re using LDAC with your Powerbeats. Bad news - your Powerbeats don’t support LDAC. In fact they only support AAC (which the M11 does not support), and SBC (lowest quality Bluetooth codec), so your M11 can only connect to them via SBC. Everyone who’s raves about the quality of the M11 Bluetooth has been using either AptX or LDAC, so the first thing you’ll need to do is get headphones with these codecs if you want to make the most of the M11’s Bluetooth capabilities. If not, the iPhone will definitely sound better, especially since your Powerbeats are made to work with Apple first and foremost. As for the Shure BT adapter, I can’t comment but others have already said it’s very poor quality so again, try get something better.

Neither the Powerbeats or the Shure adapter seem like a good fit for the M11 at all.

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2019 at 1:02 PM Post #2,427 of 9,288
I think I might know what the problem is, or at least part of it. You mention you’re using LDAC with your Powerbeats. Bad news - your Powerbeats don’t support LDAC. In fact they only support AAC (which the M11 does not support), and SBC (lowest quality Bluetooth codec), so your M11 can only connect to them via SBC. Everyone who’s raves about the quality of the M11 Bluetooth has been using either AptX or LDAC, so the first thing you’ll need to do is get headphones with these codecs if you want to make the most of the M11’s Bluetooth capabilities. If not, the iPhone will definitely sound better, especially since your Powerbeats are made to work with Apple first and foremost. As for the Shure BT adapter, I can’t comment but others have already said it’s very poor quality so again, try get something better.

Neither the Powerbeats or the Shure adapter seem like a good fit for the M11 at all.

just tried them via sbc it still sounds the same and i am cranked it up to 120 volume

im interested what other are using to pair m11's

wired the 846 sound great,

Jun 8, 2019 at 1:10 PM Post #2,428 of 9,288
just tried them via sbc it still sounds the same and i am cranked it up to 120 volume

im interested what other are using to pair m11's

wired the 846 sound great,
Yes, SBC output could be the problem. Doesn’t matter if you set your M11 to LDAC - you can ONLY connect to the Powerbeats via SBC because the Powerbeats don’t support LDAC.

If the 846 sound great wired but poor with the BT adapter, then what others are saying about the quality of the BT adapter must be true.

Either way it’s clear you’re not going to get good Bluetooth from the M11 with the Powerbeats OR the Shure adapter.

Jun 8, 2019 at 1:11 PM Post #2,429 of 9,288
Jun 8, 2019 at 1:26 PM Post #2,430 of 9,288
Starting to have doubts on m11 blutooth compatiblities....

Just expected more when it slap
“hi res bluetooth” on box and device

Can anyone else clarify on there m11 on how bluetooth works for them?

The reason i got m11 is to have all my music

Still no reaponse from...
@FiiO

Sounds awesome & loud using my Fiio BTR3/SE846's via LDAC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back