1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

FiiO M11-Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by FiiO, Mar 19, 2019.
Tags:
First

Back
151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160
162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171
Next

Last
  1. DrKrFfXx
    FiiO X3 Gen 1 sounds rather similar to the Walkmans I've owned. With more punch and tight control in the bass department.

2. Ojisan
    Awesome album! That and Blow by blow, and Guitar Shop are in my most listened category :)

abitdeef likes this.
  3. Leetransform25
    Do you have a link to the source? What exactly is THX technology and how would it work?
    If the M11 wasn't already impressive, this will definitely be lol

4. gLer
    Hi-res has nothing to do with volume. By all accounts the M11 has brilliant BT output - it’s just not as loud with certain headphones/devices. You needn’t worry. Of course it’ll sound better with wired headphones, but that’s only because Bluetooth is not quite up to wired SQ yet.

5. ThomasHK
    Hiss has nothing to do with the content played. Only the load (impedance of the heapdhones), playback level and sensitivity of the heapdhones.

6. gLer
    Yes, here: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/the...ions-and-features.903431/page-5#post-14997390

THX AAA is some sort of voodoo amping tech from the movie sound company THX (hence the name) that’s meant to make for exceptionally clean, transparent, noise-free playback. How that will be implemented in dap form, we’ll have to wait and see.

If it lives up to the potential and improves on the sound quality of the M11 at a price tag of ~$800-$900, the flagship daps will be in serious trouble.

Leetransform25 and aaf evo like this.
  7. DrKrFfXx
    https://www.thx.com/mobile/aaa/

Currawong and Leetransform25 like this.
  8. gLer
    What IEMs/headphones are you using? This makes a much bigger difference to the sound than the dap. Perhaps try a pair of slightly warmer or fuller headphones if that’s more your preference? I owned the N3 myself and while I love that little dap it really can’t compare to the power and resolution of the M11.

DrKrFfXx likes this.
  9. Jujoe
    Yes but if we start to see that a certain song / artist / album then its the recording that has hiss not the player.

Juj

10. aaf evo
    So I would assume said M11 Pro isn’t even close to release but I find it interesting they’d even mention it considering the M11 is barely just rolling out and getting into customer’s hands.

11. gLer
    Didn’t mean to come across sounding so aggressive, apologies. I’m sure you’re hearing what you’re hearing, and my mild hearing loss is at work preventing me from picking up any hiss from this device. Lucky me! Many years as a teenager blasting tapes into my eardrums has had the (un)lucky effect of making me super sensitive to tape hiss and not really being able to pick it up at the same time :head_bandage:

aaf evo likes this.
  12. aaf evo
    I just think the A18ts are very revealing/sensitive enough to make the hiss apparent, because I hear a slight hiss on my N6ii also with them but with my Legend X it’s ALMOST pitch black. I didn’t even try my Legend X on the M11 so I can’t make that comparison unfortunately, a bit silly of me not to.

gLer likes this.
  13. gLer
    It is and that’s the first thing I disabled. Makes no difference. I need to get myself a pair of BT headphones and try them out. Right now my only BT playback device is my car stereo.

14. gLer
    Those are sound microscopes indeed! On mere mortal IEMs (like the FiiO FH5) there’s not a breath of hiss.

15. gLer
    @JamesFiiO has been very open about a new flagship dap (or daps), from around the same time the M11 was announced: I think that’s ok because they’ll appeal to very different buyers. I’m not interested in spending more than what the M11 cost me on a dap, for example, so my interest in the dap is more academic.

The fact that the M11 matches and exceeds some much more expensive daps is just a sign of how far FiiO has come; that the FiiO flagship/s will better those other daps is now a given. If anything it’s quite clever because if I was in the market for a costly dap like the DX220 or A&K or N6ii or one of the Sony’s there’s no way I’d be buying until I found out what FiiO has in store. I don’t think it’s any coincidence that the dual AK4497 was mentioned by name - same spec as the N6ii with AAA at what will almost certainly cost quite a bit less, with a better and faster UI...

This is the first time I’ve heard the product name (M11 Pro) and suggests that the M11 is already part of the ‘high end’ M-series family (with the M6/7/9 making up the entry-mid tier level).

Leetransform25, abitdeef and aaf evo like this.
First

Back
151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160
162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171
Next

Last