[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
Jun 8, 2019 at 11:16 AM Post #2,402 of 9,288
I was using Soby mdr EX 750bt a little gem I got on sale for 50 bucks. Maybe output is better on on your devices. I think Its close volume wise to m6. I don't care if I have to crank it up, as long as it sounds good. :)

And it sounded really good, even on that little cheapie set. Was listening to Jeff beck wired 2001 remastered.

Awesome album! That and Blow by blow, and Guitar Shop are in my most listened category :)

Jun 8, 2019 at 11:25 AM Post #2,403 of 9,288
Hey guys, confirmation from another thread:

The M11 Pro will have 2xAK4497 and THX technology.

Don’t know when and how much, but now you know what’s ‘next’. Not sure if an M13 is coming as well, but the above is from the horse’s mouth...
Do you have a link to the source? What exactly is THX technology and how would it work?
If the M11 wasn't already impressive, this will definitely be lol

Jun 8, 2019 at 11:36 AM Post #2,404 of 9,288
Starting to have doubts on m11 blutooth compatiblities....

Just expected more when it slap
“hi res bluetooth” on box and device

Can anyone else clarify on there m11 on how bluetooth works for them?

The reason i got m11 is to have all my music

Still no reaponse from...
@FiiO
Hi-res has nothing to do with volume. By all accounts the M11 has brilliant BT output - it’s just not as loud with certain headphones/devices. You needn’t worry. Of course it’ll sound better with wired headphones, but that’s only because Bluetooth is not quite up to wired SQ yet.

Jun 8, 2019 at 11:37 AM Post #2,405 of 9,288
For the people with Hiss it might be helpfull for the devs to know what song, playback mode, ear phone and model. This might help the devs to see if there is a pattern here.

Hope this helps

Juj

Hiss has nothing to do with the content played. Only the load (impedance of the heapdhones), playback level and sensitivity of the heapdhones.

Jun 8, 2019 at 11:39 AM Post #2,406 of 9,288
Do you have a link to the source? What exactly is THX technology and how would it work?
If the M11 wasn't already impressive, this will definitely be lol
Yes, here: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/the...ions-and-features.903431/page-5#post-14997390

THX AAA is some sort of voodoo amping tech from the movie sound company THX (hence the name) that’s meant to make for exceptionally clean, transparent, noise-free playback. How that will be implemented in dap form, we’ll have to wait and see.

If it lives up to the potential and improves on the sound quality of the M11 at a price tag of ~$800-$900, the flagship daps will be in serious trouble.

Jun 8, 2019 at 11:42 AM Post #2,408 of 9,288
After a day testing, I'm really not sure what to think of the sound signature. This is with my Sony XBA N3.

Too clynical maybe, too sharp.

Maybe I'm too used to a bit warmer sounding, tho "lower end" daps. Currently I own a FiiO X3, Walkman A35 and Cayin N3. All entry level daps, and all of them sound engaging and inviting.

This one feels impersonal, I didn't get any wow factor the second I put it on. The imaging is the only thing I really feel is an upgrade, it is more progressive, more coherent, specially in the middle. Is not that I found the player technically flawed, on the contrary, is quite too perfect maybe? Not organic.

Now I'm thinking maybe a ZX300 is more my cup of tea, if it retains that "Sony" sound.

I'm gonna let this one grow on me before I take a decision
What IEMs/headphones are you using? This makes a much bigger difference to the sound than the dap. Perhaps try a pair of slightly warmer or fuller headphones if that’s more your preference? I owned the N3 myself and while I love that little dap it really can’t compare to the power and resolution of the M11.

Jun 8, 2019 at 11:46 AM Post #2,409 of 9,288
Hiss has nothing to do with the content played. Only the load (impedance of the heapdhones), playback level and sensitivity of the heapdhones.

Yes but if we start to see that a certain song / artist / album then its the recording that has hiss not the player.

Juj

Jun 8, 2019 at 11:46 AM Post #2,411 of 9,288
Lol, sorry to have irritated you. I’m just sharing what I heard. I loved the M11 and I’m not here to trash it. It’s a forum and I’m giving my honest thoughts. There’s definitely an audible hiss that isn’t from track recordings. It isn’t a big deal to most people, but to some it is, so this information is worth sharing.

And I am saying significantly less because I can’t put this into a numerical value to express how much of it I can hear compared to other DAPs, so a general term which still gets the main point across works fine in my opinion.

If there’s anyone here that’s already looking at the M11 and its value for what it offers, I highly doubt some hiss is going to put them off from liking or buying the DAP.
Didn’t mean to come across sounding so aggressive, apologies. I’m sure you’re hearing what you’re hearing, and my mild hearing loss is at work preventing me from picking up any hiss from this device. Lucky me! Many years as a teenager blasting tapes into my eardrums has had the (un)lucky effect of making me super sensitive to tape hiss and not really being able to pick it up at the same time :head_bandage:

Jun 8, 2019 at 11:47 AM Post #2,412 of 9,288
Didn’t mean to come across sounding so aggressive, apologies. I’m sure you’re hearing what you’re hearing, and my mild hearing loss is at work preventing me from picking up any hiss from this device. Lucky me! Many years as a teenager blasting tapes into my eardrums has had the (un)lucky effect of making me super sensitive to tape hiss and not really being able to pick it up at the same time :head_bandage:

I just think the A18ts are very revealing/sensitive enough to make the hiss apparent, because I hear a slight hiss on my N6ii also with them but with my Legend X it’s ALMOST pitch black. I didn’t even try my Legend X on the M11 so I can’t make that comparison unfortunately, a bit silly of me not to.

Jun 8, 2019 at 11:48 AM Post #2,413 of 9,288
Were we able to enter the Android Dev menu? Im thinking, maybe Absolute Volume is enabled by default?
It is and that’s the first thing I disabled. Makes no difference. I need to get myself a pair of BT headphones and try them out. Right now my only BT playback device is my car stereo.

Jun 8, 2019 at 11:53 AM Post #2,414 of 9,288
I just think the A18ts are very revealing/sensitive enough to make the hiss apparent, because I hear a slight hiss on my N6ii also with them but with my Legend X it’s ALMOST pitch black. I didn’t even try my Legend X on the M11 so I can’t make that comparison unfortunately, a bit silly of me not to.
Those are sound microscopes indeed! On mere mortal IEMs (like the FiiO FH5) there’s not a breath of hiss.

Jun 8, 2019 at 12:02 PM Post #2,415 of 9,288
So I would assume said M11 Pro isn’t even close to release but I find it interesting they’d even mention it considering the M11 is barely just rolling out and getting into customer’s hands.
@JamesFiiO has been very open about a new flagship dap (or daps), from around the same time the M11 was announced: I think that’s ok because they’ll appeal to very different buyers. I’m not interested in spending more than what the M11 cost me on a dap, for example, so my interest in the dap is more academic.

The fact that the M11 matches and exceeds some much more expensive daps is just a sign of how far FiiO has come; that the FiiO flagship/s will better those other daps is now a given. If anything it’s quite clever because if I was in the market for a costly dap like the DX220 or A&K or N6ii or one of the Sony’s there’s no way I’d be buying until I found out what FiiO has in store. I don’t think it’s any coincidence that the dual AK4497 was mentioned by name - same spec as the N6ii with AAA at what will almost certainly cost quite a bit less, with a better and faster UI...

This is the first time I’ve heard the product name (M11 Pro) and suggests that the M11 is already part of the ‘high end’ M-series family (with the M6/7/9 making up the entry-mid tier level).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back