[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
Jun 8, 2019 at 1:36 PM Post #2,432 of 9,288
I have paired it the most with my Sony XBA N3, like I said. The Walkman and Cayin make them sing.

With the M11, I'm more surrounded with sibilance and over sharpness. As if the balanced armature gets overdriven. It is a hybrid with a BA acting as a twitter, mind you.

I have some other portable headphones, Sennheiser Momentum M2, Sony 100AP or something, and one iem SE215, but this one is too low ebd to count.

All of them quite dark, but haven't give them any playtime, since my XBA are my new babies, I even bought a balanced cable just to get the full experience.

In the end, I basically got the M11 because of the XBA N3. I wanted to drive them from higher end sources as all I hear from people going balanced with them is praise, pure praise.
I experienced a similar over sharpness and sibilance driving my XBA-N3 on the Hiby R6 Pro, especially compared to when driving those with my NW-ZX300 which I typically used on the go.

Jun 8, 2019 at 2:21 PM Post #2,433 of 9,288
nice, what headphones are u using?
how does it sound without the btr3?

As above, I don't use headphones, just IEM's and now just use the Shure SE846's. (One pair wired, other pair wireless with the BTR3)

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2019 at 2:53 PM Post #2,435 of 9,288
@JamesFiiO has been very open about a new flagship dap (or daps), from around the same time the M11 was announced: I think that’s ok because they’ll appeal to very different buyers. I’m not interested in spending more than what the M11 cost me on a dap, for example, so my interest in the dap is more academic.

The fact that the M11 matches and exceeds some much more expensive daps is just a sign of how far FiiO has come; that the FiiO flagship/s will better those other daps is now a given. If anything it’s quite clever because if I was in the market for a costly dap like the DX220 or A&K or N6ii or one of the Sony’s there’s no way I’d be buying until I found out what FiiO has in store. I don’t think it’s any coincidence that the dual AK4497 was mentioned by name - same spec as the N6ii with AAA at what will almost certainly cost quite a bit less, with a better and faster UI...

This is the first time I’ve heard the product name (M11 Pro) and suggests that the M11 is already part of the ‘high end’ M-series family (with the M6/7/9 making up the entry-mid tier level).

As good as the m11 is at the price, I can't see spending my money with any other company at this point. I would like to see a Sony with streaming again as I'm a long time Sony fan and that brings nostalgia into it.

I'm old enough to remember carrying Sony cassette walkmans and then drooling over their top end discmans and mini disc players.

But this m11 is just fantastic for the price. And I have bought some of those more expensive daps and while nice, it just isn't worth the extra bucks for a side grade or no grade.

Ibasso stuff sounds nice, but is kind of clunky. Cayin can be hit or miss with me. AK makes really nice gear but vastly overpriced imo. I like Sonys high end models but not streaming, and I had 2 defective wm1a (bad screens) very rare for Sony.

But fiio, x3!!! Was great, x5iii was a bit too warm for me but really nice, and m11 has taken things to 11. People rave about thx aaa so the m11 pro is very intriguing, I've thought about buying that little monoprice amp to check it out. But honestly I can't really want for sound with m11. It's got nice power, a nice big 3d ish stage, and impactful detailed bass, glorious mids, and nicely extended treble that sounds natural and correct. And great positioning of instruments and vocals in the stage, with lots of space between them.

Very similar to the wm1a with my iems that is 1200 dollars. So once I see how the thxaaa affects the sound, I might have to bite on that, providing they don't mess with the sound sig too much and it's under 1000, which with fiio it probably will be less.

Jun 8, 2019 at 3:39 PM Post #2,436 of 9,288
Using beats wireless 3 and it just isnt as loud...

I have it at 120 volume just isnt loud

What settings do u guys have it on?

Wireless playback quality?
Lowpass filter mode?
Output selection?
Spdif out?

Etc
... a better headphones!
Sorry, buy another hardware...the M11 has BT power more than enough (incl. volume limit set to 120)! (pre-gain ON, limiter ON, replaygain 89dB - without these options you can buy another part of ears!)
In addition I can set the volume at my headphones, too. Maybe, your amp of your headphones is bad....buy another hardware.... sorry, that's the point!

Jun 8, 2019 at 3:49 PM Post #2,437 of 9,288
i have tried...all of them

Ldac normal and priority
apt-hd
sbc
very disapointed that at 120 volume its not loud to me...via bluetooth
@FiiO
Your beats can LDAC? Really? You are a funny guy! You are talking nonsense! buy another hardware! STOP to buy beats headphones! We are talking here about descent hardware not funny joking kid headphones!
I think just SBC and normal AAC can the beats! NEVER LDAC!
In addition. You are using the worst BT codec and we are talking about BT volume +120 and NOT about your hardware?

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2019 at 4:03 PM Post #2,438 of 9,288
So, I've been enjoying the M11 during the day and it sounds wonderful out of the box. Have only been testing FiiO Music with default settings. Balanced. High gain. Also a little Spotify.

I've been wondering because I was a little worried but now I'm not.

First off, the WiFi is completely alright. I've downloaded about 10gb of music via Spotify and has been really fast. As fast as my cellphone (flagship Xiaomi / 5gh). Since I'm using both SD slots for my personal HQ library I've selected the internal storage to store Spotify offline files. So, for those complaining, can it be due to you guys downloading straight to SD / slow cards?

My second concern was the heating / player getting hot. So far I haven't felt the player getting hot? This afternoon I've been playing flacs for two hours. I think my phone is even warmer now as I type (it's not, it's cold). I'm playing this (Balanced output, High gain, FiiO Music) and it's still pretty cold. 24bits / 192kHz / 4840kbps. DAP sitting over a wooden table / this afternoon sitting on my belly. I'm on the latest firmware.

IMG_20190608_213356.jpg

Jun 8, 2019 at 4:27 PM Post #2,440 of 9,288
Your beats can LDAC? Really? You are a funny guy! You are talking nonsense! buy another hardware! STOP to buy beats headphones! We are talking here about descent hardware not funny joking kid headphones!
I think just SBC and normal AAC can the beats! NEVER LDAC!
In addition. You are using the worst BT codec and we are talking about BT volume +120 and NOT about your hardware?
did u read the rest of my post ?

then what are some headphones?

I tried switching to SBC for my beats and it sounded the same even at 120 volume
I have the Shure 846's and at 120 volume + LDAC,APTX,SBC and....
it STILL sounded LOW just like the beats, i was told

RMCE-BT2 is better, and i will be getting those soon. IF it still plays the same..then it must BE my M11

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2019 at 4:40 PM Post #2,441 of 9,288

I tried switching to SBC for my beats and it sounded the same even at 120 volume

RMCE-BT2 is better, and i will be getting those soon. IF it still plays the same..then it must BE my M11
Yeah it could be a faulty bt chip on your unit.

Jun 8, 2019 at 4:53 PM Post #2,442 of 9,288
So, I've been enjoying the M11 during the day and it sounds wonderful out of the box. Have only been testing FiiO Music with default settings. Balanced. High gain. Also a little Spotify.

I've been wondering because I was a little worried but now I'm not.

First off, the WiFi is completely alright. I've downloaded about 10gb of music via Spotify and has been really fast. As fast as my cellphone (flagship Xiaomi / 5gh). Since I'm using both SD slots for my personal HQ library I've selected the internal storage to store Spotify offline files. So, for those complaining, can it be due to you guys downloading straight to SD / slow cards?

My second concern was the heating / player getting hot. So far I haven't felt the player getting hot? This afternoon I've been playing flacs for two hours. I think my phone is even warmer now as I type (it's not, it's cold). I'm playing this (Balanced output, High gain, FiiO Music) and it's still pretty cold. 24bits / 192kHz / 4840kbps. DAP sitting over a wooden table / this afternoon sitting on my belly. I'm on the latest firmware.

Points on your choice of Artist :) Is that HD version from HD tracks?

Jun 8, 2019 at 4:56 PM Post #2,443 of 9,288
I tried bluetooth on my sonys with my phone galaxy 10e, my m11, and my m6 and they all played equally as loud, although surprisingly the m11 sounded the clearest, must have a better bt transmitter. They all sounded good though, was using ldac.

No volume problems for me.

Jun 8, 2019 at 5:19 PM Post #2,445 of 9,288

Your shure 846 CANNOT LDAC, JUST SBC! It's the same worst BT codec! Just the RMCE-BT2 supports the better codecs.
The problem is not to find @mobile device M11, just in the amp of your BT headset! This is the reason, why you cannot hear a difference between low gain and high gain (via control @M11 device) while listening via BT AND this is the reason of BETTER battery life if you just using BT instead the internal M11 app!

Pls. Inform you about the different BT codecs, about internal M11 amp and external BT amp (in your headset for example) otherwise you will use / handle your hardware wrong in every case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back