[FiiO FH7] Flagship 5-Driver (1DD + 4BAs) Hybrid In-Ear Monitors, Knowles DFK + SWFK Composite BA Drivers, 13.6mm Beryllium DD Driver
Jun 12, 2019 at 5:46 AM Post #301 of 1,922
FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jun 12, 2019 at 7:10 AM Post #302 of 1,922
The more I listen to the FH7s the more I’m liking them. I’ll report back if I figure out this sibilance issue.

Just a thought - sibilance is either present in a recording or it isn't. Its a product of the recording and mastering. An earphone will either present it, mask it, or accentuate it - but it has to be there to reproduce it. What is the recording? Can you get a better master? Alternative is to knock down 7kHz with EQ (maybe -4dB).

Jun 12, 2019 at 9:04 AM Post #303 of 1,922
sibilance is either present in a recording or it isn't. Its a product of the recording and mastering. An earphone will either present it, mask it, or accentuate it - but it has to be there to reproduce it.
Completely agree. In fact, if we're lucky, we'll even find a magical earphone that adds distortion in such a way that even sibilance is presented in a very sweet and seductive way. Sibilance isn't really something that we attribute a positive characteristic to, but man...when you hear an earphone that sugar-coats this apparently undesirable "mistake" in the mastering process...oh man...

I'd like to know what sources I can use to do the FH7 justice. I think my E17K is starting to get long in the tooth. I still find it hard to part ways with it, though.

Jun 12, 2019 at 11:14 AM Post #304 of 1,922
Where can I order the FiiO FH7 IEMs? Are they shipping right now?

I just got mine yesterday from Amazon, don't know if you are in the US though.

Jun 12, 2019 at 12:12 PM Post #306 of 1,922
I first tried the FH7 at work from my iFi iDSD Black Label and was ecstatic over the surprisingly strong bass, clarity and no V-shaped response. I was more surprise to find when I got home and tried them with my ES100 they sounded OK, but kind of anemic compared to what I heard at work.

I'm wondering if these things need some power to show their stuff.

EDIT: Answering my own question ... I'll stick some balanced cables on and try from the ES100 balanced output.

Last edited:
Jun 12, 2019 at 12:34 PM Post #307 of 1,922
Can anyone compare the FH7 with the BGVP DM6?
IMO FH7 is lot better. I've changed DM6 for CA IO, which have about same signature but better detail, texture and technicalities, but in comparison with FH7, FH7 is even better. At balanced settings have more bass, and less treble, but from upper tier. Soundstage also is much bigger.

Jun 12, 2019 at 1:13 PM Post #309 of 1,922
I first tried the FH7 at work from my iFi iDSD Black Label and was ecstatic over the surprisingly strong bass, clarity and no V-shaped response. I was more surprise to find when I got home and tried them with my ES100 they sounded OK, but kind of anemic compared to what I heard at work.

I'm wondering if these things need some power to show their stuff.

In my opinion, the Micro BL is darker sounding than the ES100. I just tried the same test you mentioned and got the same results you described. I'm not sure if this is related to power or just the nature of the source. The FH7 sounds similar from my V35 / ES100 / Dragonfly Red, but somewhat darker from the iDSD Micro BL. All of these differences are pretty subtle to my ears, I enjoy the FH7 from everything so far.

Jun 12, 2019 at 1:15 PM Post #310 of 1,922
I just got mine yesterday from Amazon, don't know if you are in the US though.
Amazon US? Because I haven't seen them an Amazon at all.

Jun 12, 2019 at 1:22 PM Post #311 of 1,922
Amazon US? Because I haven't seen them an Amazon at all.

Yep, got them yesterday from Amazon US. I see they are showing as currently unavailable now, I might have gotten the last pair!

Jun 12, 2019 at 9:20 PM Post #313 of 1,922
Update: I believe I found the issue with the sibilance I am hearing. It’s my ears. I got out the old Hd600 and I could hear it there too. It’s a little more pronounced on the FH7 as they are a bit brighter. This is something recent so please don’t judge the FH7 based on my comments. There is something going on with my hearing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back