1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

FiiO FH7-Flagship 5-Driver (1DD + 4BAs) Hybrid In-Ear Monitors, Knowles DFK + SWFK Composite BA Drivers, 13.6mm Beryllium DD Driver

First

Back
12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32
Next

Last
  1. jsmiller58
    If you have ever heard a singer utter the “s” sound and it comes across very high pitched and uncomfortable... that’s sibilance.

scarfacegt likes this.
  2. BobJS
    Good information, thanks.

3. Dts Bard
    It’s the the harsh S sound. It’s almost like a hiss sound.

scarfacegt and maira like this.
  4. maira
    like: SSssssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhh

scarfacegt likes this.
  5. scarfacegt
    Ok.Maybe thats what im hearing on some tracks.Or it might be poor recordings/over compressed ( due to the loudness war).

One track that i hear some noise on is Angel by sarah mclachlan.But on the "city of angels"soundtrack,i dont hear it on this same track.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2019
  6. crabdog
    I'm so in love with this plug.

DSC_1827_result.jpg

SteveOliver likes this.
  7. SteveOliver
    I think you need to get out more.

Actually it looks very nice :)

DAVID_54, Vitandus, crabdog and 2 others like this.
  8. Dts Bard
    So I listened to Sarah McLachlan’s Angel and didn’t hear any noise or sibilance. Sounded great on the FH7. I don’t have a copy of City of Angels, I just have one track from it so I couldn’t compare but really no noise on the one from surfacing.

scarfacegt likes this.
  9. VICosPhi
    Thanks, tried the bass filters and bass tips and they give the most bass of all. Tried comply ones I had, but did not like the lack of treble with those on. The included Spinfit tips along with red bass filters seem like a good balance.

Do you recommend any specific tips that I should buy?

MattAsAHatter likes this.
  10. MattAsAHatter
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/SYMBIO-Wa-...Universal-Ear-Tips-Shure-Westone/123795420594

I had originally purchased these to use with my Westone but I recently sold that IEM so I figured I'd give them a try with the FH7. I get a better seal than with my spinfits and I really like the fit but they do (to my ear) tame the highs slightly. I think the trade-off is fine but particularly useful if I were out and about and I needed better isolation etc.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2019
    VICosPhi likes this.
  11. gLer
    My personal favorite is the JVC Spiral Dot. I use M size with the FH5, and MS with anything deeper. You have to fiddle a bit to get a good seal, but once you do it has the best balance it deep sub bass, wide stage and sparkly treble of all the tips I’ve tried. @DekoniAudio Bulletz are also excellent, better than Comply IMO.

VICosPhi and SteveOliver like this.
  12. gLer
    I also got a pair of these but preferred the Spiral Dot with the FH5 at least. From what I hear the FH7 needs the highs tamed, so that’s maybe a good thing? (Unless you like your extended/brighter treble?)

13. Brooko Contributor
    Whats the recording and year?

14. Dts Bard

The recording is Norah Jones “ Cold Cold Heart” from 2002. It’s ripped
    From CD to FLAC. But honestly I think it’s me. I can hear it in my other headphones which I didn’t before.

15. Wyville
    The FH7 are quite bright in the treble and can be unforgiving depending on the music you are listening to and that is not just you. I have it too and have spent a lot of time trying out the different filters and the LC-2.5D upgrade cable. Funny enough, I find the open 'High Boost' (green) filters the smoothest option with the stock cable. With the upgrade cable I ended up with the 'Bass Boost (red) filters as the best solution, mainly because I enjoyed the extra warmth. Even then the treble always keeps a hint of brightness and some people will be more sensitive to that than others.

First

Back
12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32
Next

Last