FiiO E9 Review
Jan 10, 2013 at 11:57 PM Post #1,276 of 1,324
Quote:
That's what happens to cheap Chinese crap after a just few years.  Next time, it will serve you well to save up a little more and buy something decent, perhaps made by a real person (maybe in this country) who actually cares about the buyer.  

A little uncalled for.  If you look far back enough in this thread you'll see, upon release, everyone wondered what type of product this would turn out to be.  Some felt that the amp would last a long time because Fiio typically makes good equipment.  My E7 is still running perfectly. I reported my experience to lend evidence that the E9 is not as durable.

And the "real person"comment should have gotten you banned by now, in my opinion.

Jan 17, 2013 at 11:20 PM Post #1,281 of 1,324
Quote:
A little uncalled for.  If you look far back enough in this thread you'll see, upon release, everyone wondered what type of product this would turn out to be.  Some felt that the amp would last a long time because Fiio typically makes good equipment.  My E7 is still running perfectly. I reported my experience to lend evidence that the E9 is not as durable.

And the "real person"comment should have gotten you banned by now, in my opinion.

Real person, meaning an individual or small business, not an assembly line of cheap Chinese labor in some unknown factory in Xuan Zhang that takes jobs away from hard working audio builders who actually make amazing productst by hand.  I have many Chinese friends, close friends who agree with me that they have terrible labor standards in their country.  People freaking commit suicide at Foxcon (the factory in China that makes ipads/iphones/ipods) because the condition suck so bad and they get paid so little.  They get paid like 15 cents/hr to make your crappy Fiio that you by for 80 bucks that probably cost 5 bucks to make.  There are many individual makers out there who actually hand make awesome products for you to buy and personally stand behind that will last a lifetime.     

Jan 19, 2013 at 5:05 PM Post #1,282 of 1,324
Quote:
Real person, meaning an individual or small business, not an assembly line of cheap Chinese labor in some unknown factory in Xuan Zhang that takes jobs away from hard working audio builders who actually make amazing productst by hand.  I have many Chinese friends, close friends who agree with me that they have terrible labor standards in their country.  People freaking commit suicide at Foxcon (the factory in China that makes ipads/iphones/ipods) because the condition suck so bad and they get paid so little.  They get paid like 15 cents/hr to make your crappy Fiio that you by for 80 bucks that probably cost 5 bucks to make.  There are many individual makers out there who actually hand make awesome products for you to buy and personally stand behind that will last a lifetime.     

True.
Mass production of that kind, which main mission is to mock mindlessly high quality products, slowly kills small business (I mean small audiophile companies). In the world of audio it's nothing good for us consumers, because there is no real competition of good products, but only a lot of cheap and low quality, and very small of more expensive decent products which are unable to support further development of newer in these small companies.

Jan 29, 2013 at 7:43 AM Post #1,283 of 1,324
Quote:
True.
Mass production of that kind, which main mission is to mock mindlessly high quality products, slowly kills small business (I mean small audiophile companies). In the world of audio it's nothing good for us consumers, because there is no real competition of good products, but only a lot of cheap and low quality, and very small of more expensive decent products which are unable to support further development of newer in these small companies.

NOT true. Thats like saying "Damn Chevrolet, they keep making cheap mass produced cars, nobody will buy our Bentleys anymore!".

Very expensive products will always find their costumers, regardless of how many cheap products there are on the market, if not for any other reason, then because of sheer ignorance and greed.

Now, about Fiio E9 and similar examples.... Lets say a cheap $100 amplifier outperforms a more expensive $300 amplifier, then what are we talking about?  We're talking about a certain product being overpriced. Another example: JDS O2 outperforms many amps that are on the market and cost 3-4 times more. In order to justify that price, the manufacturer of that more expensive product will have to step up their game and make a better one, improve it...in the end, customer benefits.

In the low end of the things, lets say there are many cheap products competing at about the same price.  They too will have to fight between each other, since the only thing separating them is performance, they will have to step up and say "ok, we're better than those other guys, lets make people will buy our amp".  And so on.  Its a circle in which a customer will almost always gain. Now, as for working conditions in those mass production factories, thats a different story.  If you would rather buy a 1000$ product that costs 50$ to build, instead of a 150$ product that costs 50$ to build, its your personal choice, but saying that its bad that all these big companies are making cheap, well made, great performing products, is just wrong.

Jan 29, 2013 at 2:03 PM Post #1,284 of 1,324
Guys i would really apprecciate your help with this question.

I use the Fiio e9k/e17 combo.

Now in the e 17 Settings i can choose:  32- 96 khz. Should i able all?

In the advanced settings i can choose a standardformat ; 2 Channel 16 bit 32-96 khz and  24 bit 32-96 khz. Which option should i use?

Considering that the Fiio via USb goes only up to 96khz, is it ok to listen to 192khz mastered music?

Feb 7, 2013 at 6:39 AM Post #1,286 of 1,324
I have a question that is similar to Papahomz...I have a E9/E7 combo but I prefer the AE D1 with my IMac. How can I use the E9/E7 combo as an amp/DAC with my IPad and ITouch ?

Do I simply need the Apple camera kit for the IPad ? Do I need an USB 3.0 on one end and 2.0 at the other end ? For the Itouch, what can I do?
The LOD for the Itouch has 30 pin connection at one end and USB 2.0 at the other end.

Feb 7, 2013 at 8:22 AM Post #1,287 of 1,324
Quote:
I want to ugprade to a MJOLNIR from my E09k but right now i don't have the money.

Can you lilly pad a pair of these E09ks? Like plug one in as a preamp to the main one. Would that do anything helpful?

LOL!  That's like saying..."I want to upgrade my Ford Fiesta to a Bently, but I don't have the money.  In the mean time I'm gonna be kickin' in the Fiesta.  Maybe I'll get two of these clunkers and have crap fest!"  

Feb 11, 2013 at 4:04 PM Post #1,288 of 1,324
I just wanted to comment on what a good value the E9K has been for me. It packs a serious punch in terms of volume.  Until very recently I was using foobar -> wasapi -> E17 -> E9K -> AKG K701. While the E17 on its own needed to be on some serious gain and high volume to drive the AKGs, the E9K sits at about 9 o'clock for normal listening,  and 10 if I want to listen very loudly.  It also has 0 floor noise.  With no audio playing, the E9K won't make a peep at full volume.  Though I don't have a lot to compare it to, it seems to me to be fantastically neutral.

May 22, 2013 at 9:37 PM Post #1,289 of 1,324
Just Received my E09K today after some UN Needed delivery hassle from USPS (they said it was delivered yesterday and it came today, LOL) can't wait to get to this Beauty! My Grado SR-60's could sure use the extra UMPH in my opinion...

May 26, 2013 at 7:27 PM Post #1,290 of 1,324
I just got myself a brand new pair of Dt 990's and bought a Asus Xonar Phoebus to go with that. My current Auzentech Bravura died on me so i was in the market for a new soundcard anyway. I was thinking of getting a Fiio E9 to go with that but after some more reading i thought i read that the amp in the phoebus was just about the same as the one in the Fiio E9. Now i am on the fence about getting one cause im not sure if getting one will actually do anything good for my audio. Would getting a E9 improve anything or would i have to get an E7 on top of that to actually notice any difference?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back