FiiO E9 Review
Feb 25, 2011 at 9:57 PM Post #691 of 1,324
I had a defective e7 I bought from Micca about a month ago, just got it back today fixed. Just wanted to thank the guys over at Micca,  I consider the company a reliable place to buy Fiio products. I will most certainly buy from the Micca store for the e11 or e17 if i choose to purchase. Keep up the reliable and trustworthy reputation you have now built and customers here at head fi and across the US will look no further than Micca. Thank you guys.

Feb 25, 2011 at 11:46 PM Post #692 of 1,324
would this E7/E9 combo be good for my Tannoy Reveal 501a's? I don't need the amp part since they are active, but would the amp mess up the built in one? Would this be good just for the DAC? I am currently outputting from my 3.5mm jack on my mobo with lossless music. It does distort when I crank it, but I think my desk items contribute and I am using only a couple light phonebooks as "bases." Would a DAC help, acoustic pads (http://www.amazon.com/Auralex-MOPAD-Monitor-Isolation-Charcoal/dp/B0002D0B4K/ref=pd_bxgy_MI_text_b), or both help?

Feb 25, 2011 at 11:48 PM Post #693 of 1,324
would this E7/E9 combo be good for my Tannoy Reveal 501a's? I don't need the amp part since they are active, but would the amp mess up the built in one? Would this be good just for the DAC? I am currently outputting from my 3.5mm jack on my mobo with lossless music. It does distort when I crank it, but I think my desk items contribute and I am using only a couple light phonebooks as "bases." Would a DAC help, acoustic pads (http://www.amazon.com/Auralex-MOPAD-Monitor-Isolation-Charcoal/dp/B0002D0B4K/ref=pd_bxgy_MI_text_b), or both help?

if this is a double post, sorry! it failed the first time

Feb 26, 2011 at 4:53 AM Post #696 of 1,324
I guess some people are finally realizing the power of the TI TPA6120A2 Amplifier chip!  Its funny I was reading some posts on here that a lot of people thought that it didn't have enough power to handle higher end headphones.  That TI tpa6120a2 has it in spades with plenty of power to spare!  Anyone that has every heard one can attest to that.

Feb 26, 2011 at 1:49 PM Post #697 of 1,324

Quote:
Anyone have any idea how well the E7/E9 combo will drive a pair of ATH M50s? 

The e7 pairs with the m50's very well. I use it on my breaks at work with an ipod touch and the bass boost and some eq settings on my ipod really make the m50's throb. The e9 with the m50's is complete overkill and a waste of monmey if your not going to upgrade. $120 headphones to run off a $200 amp/dac is pretty foolish. The e9 properly drives my dt 990/600 to give you an idea of the e9's power. If you do decide to upgrade the fiio combo is a great investment IMO.

Feb 27, 2011 at 3:07 AM Post #699 of 1,324
You mean a few second pause? Do you have an external hard drive connected? Even if the music isn't on the external, if something causes an external drive to come out of idle the spin-up can cause the audio along with other things on your computer to stop for a few seconds.

Feb 27, 2011 at 3:14 AM Post #700 of 1,324

Quote:
You mean a few second pause? Do you have an external hard drive connected? Even if the music isn't on the external, if something causes an external drive to come out of idle the spin-up can cause the audio along with other things on your computer to stop for a few seconds.

Nope, i'm using it directly through USB which is connected to my laptop. The music just sort of just jams there. And for example if i'm playing a game, halfway thorough the audio just stops.

Feb 27, 2011 at 3:32 AM Post #702 of 1,324

Quote:
Does wiggling the E7 make the audio come in and out? I'm afraid you'll have to be a bit more descriptive.

Wiggling the E7 does not make a difference, audio comes thorough clearly. For example:When i'm playing a song via Foobar, the song would suddenly stop, but it is not due to a faulty connection of the USB cable of the E7. However if i select another song audio would come through again(Has nothing to do with the integrity of my songs all of them are perfectly fine). And if i'm watching a video, audio would just suddenly just stop but the video continues without a problem. Then if i escape from the video, and select it again the audio is fine. I hope you can get a rough idea of what's happening
smile.gif

Feb 27, 2011 at 1:18 PM Post #703 of 1,324
Try to figure out where the problem starts.

- Does this happen when you output to speakers or other sound devices, especially USB?

- Does it happen when you try different USB cables?

- What about the E7 without the E9?

- The E9 without the E7?

- Try using this setup on a different computer altogether, like a laptop.

Find out where the disconnect is and identify the problem in the audio chain.

Feb 27, 2011 at 3:41 PM Post #704 of 1,324
How do you think this would be with Grado 325is?

Feb 28, 2011 at 8:12 AM Post #705 of 1,324

Quote:
would this E7/E9 combo be good for my Tannoy Reveal 501a's? I don't need the amp part since they are active, but would the amp mess up the built in one? Would this be good just for the DAC?

Yes, you can use the E7/E9 as a high-quality DAC/preamp to drive a pair of active speakers. I use the combo to drive a pair of Alesis active monitors in addition to headphones. You need to connect the active speakers to the 3.5mm PRE_OUT jack behind the E9 and set the active speakers' own volume pots to max level.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back