FiiO E9 Review
Dec 4, 2010 at 10:09 PM Post #316 of 1,324
I am sure if you ran the E7 to the E9 it would not matter very much at all, considering that the extra bass makes the music less clinical sounding and more fun to listen to. Why didn't I or the person who wrote the original review think of this? I salute you! 
beerchug.gif

Dec 4, 2010 at 11:03 PM Post #317 of 1,324
That was my guess.  Any others?

Also, does anyone know if leaving the e7 docked to the e9 delivers a "ghost charge" to the internal (beastly might I add) battery.  I would rather not kill the internal battery.
Secondly, does turning the USB charging off prevent the e7 from charging while docked so I can prevent this potential ghost charge.

My guess is probably not, considering the bass boost function doesn't work while docked.  This tells me the firmware is bypassed.

Dec 4, 2010 at 11:43 PM Post #319 of 1,324
The E7's internal battery will only charge if needed. There's a protection circuit that stops charging when the battery is full. Lithium Ion batteries require such a circuit since over charging as well as over discharging shortens cell life significantly.

Jack

Dec 5, 2010 at 12:15 AM Post #320 of 1,324

Quote:

Also, does anyone know if leaving the e7 docked to the e9 delivers a "ghost charge" to the internal (beastly might I add) battery.  I would rather not kill the internal battery.
Secondly, does turning the USB charging off prevent the e7 from charging while docked so I can prevent this potential ghost charge.

My guess is probably not, considering the bass boost function doesn't work while docked.  This tells me the firmware is bypassed.

There are almost over 100,000 kinds of docking station for iPod, and support charging function. so don't worry about it ! it can longer the life of the build in battery !

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Dec 5, 2010 at 1:10 AM Post #321 of 1,324

Quote:
Quote:

There are almost over 100,000 kinds of docking station for iPod, and support charging function. so don't worry about it ! it can longer the life of the build in battery !

Thank you.  To my understanding this is still not ideal for the battery.

Jack-Micca, you told me what I needed to hear.  Thanks!

Dec 5, 2010 at 9:39 PM Post #324 of 1,324
I seem to have run into some problems with my E9. Lately, I have been using the 3.5mm line-in port to connect it to my source, but after moving it to my room, i have tried connecting it to my PC to use as a DAC. When I plug it into my computer using the usb cable, it does not seem to be recognized. Absolutely nothing happens. When I plug in my E7, it is recognized automatically. Does anyone have any idea what is going on. Is there something I have to do? Could the usb-out port on my amp be broken? (I would still like to use the audio ports on my PC for my speakers).

Dec 5, 2010 at 10:01 PM Post #325 of 1,324

Quote:
I seem to have run into some problems with my E9. Lately, I have been using the 3.5mm line-in port to connect it to my source, but after moving it to my room, i have tried connecting it to my PC to use as a DAC. When I plug it into my computer using the usb cable, it does not seem to be recognized. Absolutely nothing happens. When I plug in my E7, it is recognized automatically. Does anyone have any idea what is going on. Is there something I have to do? Could the usb-out port on my amp be broken? (I would still like to use the audio ports on my PC for my speakers).

The e7 must be docked to the e9 in order to use it DAC.  The DAC used in the e7/9 system is the DAC built into the e7.

Dec 5, 2010 at 11:28 PM Post #326 of 1,324
I also found that not only does the E7 need to be docked but you have to turn it on, too (bottom button on the left if I remember correctly).

Dec 6, 2010 at 5:14 PM Post #328 of 1,324
I just got a text from UPS that my E7/E9 was left on the front porch :frowning2:. My girlfriend does not get home until 6 so let's hope it doesn't rain.

Also I have another question that I posted in the E7 thread since it is related more to the DAC but maybe you guys can answer here. I bought the special edition Beatles Remasters that comes in a USB drive with 24bit FLAC files and 320k mp3. Since the E7 can only do 16bit am I going to get no sound when trying to play the 24bit FLAC files? I have been using my stereo receiver which does 24/192 optical from my PC so I did not think about it until now. 

Dec 6, 2010 at 5:33 PM Post #329 of 1,324

Quote:
I also found that not only does the E7 need to be docked but you have to turn it on, too (bottom button on the left if I remember correctly).

Not my first gen E7. I can leave mine off (I do), and still has a perfectly functional DAC when docked to the E9.
wink_face.gif

Dec 6, 2010 at 6:25 PM Post #330 of 1,324

Hi guys,

I recently bought a FiiO, which has made a massive difference to my laptop's audio quality, and I've ordered an E9 to go with it. I want the best home laptop-based listening experience I can have, and with the E7/E9 combo, I'm considering buying some high-end headphones from the following selection:

- Sennheiser HD 600, HD 650, HD 800

- Beyerdynamic T1's

- Audez'e LCD-2's

Has anyone had listening time with the above headphones and the E7/E9?

Also, before I buy a pair of the above headphones, I'd like to try them; does anyone reading this know where I can try these headphones (mainly the LCD-2's and T1's, ideally all of them) in the London/Surrey area? Also, in the nicest possible way, as great as the FiiO E7/E9 are, do they do justice to such high-end headphones?

Thanks, 

Windsor

Users who are viewing this thread

Back