FiiO E6 - story of the tiny amp continues... (w/ review on 1st page)
Dec 2, 2013 at 8:44 PM Post #466 of 611

personally i used them with my noontec zoros, hifiman re400, monster turbines, vsonic gr07

the closest in sound signature amongst what i have to your ue6000 is the noontec zoros and the turbines

more so the noontec zoros in the sense that the treble rolls off bit more quickly

the fiio e6 i feel is a dark amp, to be totally honest i honestly don't think they do much if anything to the treble ( if anything it sounds even more recessed relative to the bass and the mids emphasis)

now i'm a/bin this with my iphone with the amp and without at roughly what i think is the similar volume ( on iphone alone i use the noontec at about 4 clicks /16 i think) on the fiio amp i use it at 1 click (on the fiio amp 1 click is +2 in volume, so for convenience sake i will just say clicks from now on ) 2 clicks (which really +3 volume)

what it does is bump up the volume (using 4+ on iphone vs +3 with the amp) the bass feels more emphasized if you want to think of it in relative sense the bass seems like its been bumped up +3 the mids +2 treble +0/1

the bass becomes bigger and tighter more so in the midbass > sub bass 

the lower mids- middle mids is more emphasised so male vocals become more rich

female vocals in the higher mids to lower treble still sounded nice but not as nice as with male vocals

no change really in sound stage

as stated above i did not feel like the treble was really touched at all, there was no extra sparkle or extension, but no harshness either

also something to note the post above was just comparing both the iphone and amp in vanilla mode (no eq on the fiio amp so eq1= nothing)

ignore eq2 the bass is far too overblown and gets muddy fast, making the transitition to mid range very weird and makes the treble soo recessed

the eq 3 however is a better than eq 2 i still like to use the amp without eq or on eq4 (reducing db good for low impedence and high sensitive gear (basically most of my gear) and good for using volume inbetween eq 1 (cause i felt the volume difference in eq1 was too big sometimes, and i use eq3 as a way to find a inbtween volume ex i can use the noontec zoro only up to +3 volume on eq 1 but when use eq4 i can go as far as +5, cause it limits the amount of juice that goes into the headphones)

soo back to eq3 the bass is a looser but bigger (tighter than eq2 but less than eq1) the mids become a bit recessed the lower treble gets bumped it ( on my slight siblant gr07) made the siblance more noticeable

the mid to higher treble was pretty much left untouched so there was no much sparkle despite the increase in bass and treble

hoped it helped lemme know if you need any help or clarification on what i said above

Holy freaking crap. Thank you so much. A better answer than I could have hoped for lol. Thank you. Now, I'll continue my search for an amp.

Dec 2, 2013 at 11:15 PM Post #467 of 611
I have a fiilo e17 and I want to be able to use 2 headphones at once with my friend. I am assuming that a headphone splitter is not a good idea. Is it possible to hook up the E6 to my E17 so that I can listen from the E17 headphone jack and they can listen from the E6 headphone jack?

Dec 3, 2013 at 12:29 AM Post #468 of 611
  Holy freaking crap. Thank you so much. A better answer than I could have hoped for lol. Thank you. Now, I'll continue my search for an amp.

no problem id be hesitant to say this but i'll say it anyway if u want better treble extension stay away from fiio amps unless u go above the andes or the ek70k i think thats called u know what i mean

from the reviews i read it seems like their all relatively dark not ur tastes

Dec 5, 2013 at 11:25 AM Post #469 of 611
  * I am assuming that a headphone splitter is not a good idea.
**Is it possible to hook up the E6 to my E17 so that I can listen from the E17 headphone jack and they can listen from the E6 headphone jack?

*Why do you think so? It is Ok. but little more power needed(raise the vol) to drive both.
**No > This is how you think - source o/p > i/p of E6 > o/p of E6 > i/p of E17 > o/p of E17 > Headphones? so where would you connect the second HP?

PS: all i/o's are 3.5mm jacks.

Dec 14, 2013 at 10:36 PM Post #470 of 611
Tragic day today, after more than 2 years of service my fiio e6 w/ l8 have been stolen (maybe the thief thought it was a mini mp3 player).
A job well done to my old friend that made me enjoyed numerous iems / headphones for the past years. It was the only truly portable amp I've had (my cmoy amps we're way too big, heavy and bulky for a portable). What's amazing is it was never broken, the battery life is still excellent and I've never thought that the build quality would be that good. Again, farewell to my old e6. The story of my tiny amp ends here. :/

Dec 14, 2013 at 10:42 PM Post #471 of 611
  Tragic day today, after more than 2 years of service my fiio e6 w/ l8 have been stolen (maybe the thief thought it was a mini mp3 player).

Sad to hear but same time LoL.......true he would've thought E6 toy a new design shuffle which attracted him.
atsmile.gif

Dec 14, 2013 at 11:40 PM Post #473 of 611
  Yah dude the e6 really looks like a shuffle haha and you're right sad but LOL, I'll just get another e6 or maybe something else with the same form factor as the e6 and e5 like the nuforce mmp. 

try the andes or the e11!

those are the two i wanna try after my fiio e6 bites the dust

ive been hard on the headphone jack, but i rather replace the amp than my ipod touch, cheaper and more easily replaceable

Dec 15, 2013 at 1:35 AM Post #474 of 611
Get the E11 as there's an updated version E11K(as usual,FiiO's naming convention) is due launch by 2014, which will have non-replaceable battery. so if you want the Original, that has BL-5B replaceable battery, get it before june'14. I got mine already.........otherwise it's your choice.

One more thing,I ordered E6 but received E06(labelled in the back of the amp and box). All I could figure out the difference between E6 and E06 is that, the power/EQ switch's groove has the markings of power sign+lock sign(hold) than power sign/EQ on top position and HOLD in the bottom.....on E6.

Dec 15, 2013 at 4:40 AM Post #475 of 611
  try the andes or the e11!

those are the two i wanna try after my fiio e6 bites the dust

ive been hard on the headphone jack, but i rather replace the amp than my ipod touch, cheaper and more easily replaceable

I have had the e11 and its way too bulky for my pocket unlike e6 where-in I can just clip it in my shirt effortlessly. 

Dec 15, 2013 at 4:42 AM Post #476 of 611
  Get the E11 as there's an updated version E11K(as usual,FiiO's naming convention) is due launch by 2014, which will have non-replaceable battery. so if you want the Original, that has BL-5B replaceable battery, get it before june'14. I got mine already.........otherwise it's your choice.

One more thing,I ordered E6 but received E06(labelled in the back of the amp and box). All I could figure out the difference between E6 and E06 is that, the power/EQ switch's groove has the markings of power sign+lock sign(hold) than power sign/EQ on top position and HOLD in the bottom.....on E6.

I'm interested in gettign another e6 if it is still better than nuforce mmp, does e06 have a sonical difference with the old e6? thanks

Dec 15, 2013 at 7:23 AM Post #477 of 611
  I'm interested in gettign another e6 if it is still better than nuforce mmp, does e06 have a sonical difference with the old e6? thanks

Sorry, I couldn't help here.....This is my first E6 toy. But one thing for sure, E11 is more powerful than E06. E12 is more of a neutral amp.

edit> I don't think E6 had undergone any change in the internals......otherwise FiiO would've announced to it's consumers. OR, It could be like, a new supplier had been appointed and just to differentiate from the old supplier,on the parts level,the new E06 have the said cosmetic change externally.

Dec 19, 2013 at 7:32 PM Post #478 of 611
Will this do much of anything to better the sound or volume of the Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro 250 Ohm's? I need something to hold me over for a few weeks until I get a desktop amplifier, and I can have this at my house by Saturday or Monday. My apologies if this or something similar has been asked or discussed before in this thread.

Jan 2, 2014 at 3:20 PM Post #479 of 611
Dear head-fi expierts,

I am new to the head-fi scene, and currently have following IEMs/cans: MEElectronics M6, M9, and also Monoprice 8323 and 8320

These are really amazing bang for the buck IEMs/cans that I picked up based on the reviews on this forum, so thanks!

Now I started to commute more, and noticed the bass in these IEMs/cans get drawn out during car rides, and so I am looking for a portable amp to bring out some of that drawn out bass during my commute.

Based on my IEMs/cans selection, my question is: will a Fiio E6 be good enough for me, or will I benefit from a Fiio E11 more?

any input is appreciated, TIA

M

Jan 2, 2014 at 7:19 PM Post #480 of 611
  Dear head-fi expierts,

I am new to the head-fi scene, and currently have following IEMs/cans: MEElectronics M6, M9, and also Monoprice 8323 and 8320

These are really amazing bang for the buck IEMs/cans that I picked up based on the reviews on this forum, so thanks!

Now I started to commute more, and noticed the bass in these IEMs/cans get drawn out during car rides, and so I am looking for a portable amp to bring out some of that drawn out bass during my commute.

Based on my IEMs/cans selection, my question is: will a Fiio E6 be good enough for me, or will I benefit from a Fiio E11 more?

any input is appreciated, TIA

M

i have personal experience with both monoprice 8320 and 8323

in terms of the 8320 youd be better off not using them for commuting. they don't isolate enough at all and your going to wreck your ears trying to drown our the noise

the fiio6 i think is good starting point but word of warning for anyone new to using amps, even 1 click on volume is more than > iphone (i can't put an exact number on it) but you can easily find yourself turning up too loud. (theirs 62-64 clicks on the fiioe6 at max) i use them at max 3 clicks on the monoprice on the normal setting (no eq) or around 5-6 clicks in eq 3 (reducing dB by 3 )

check out the gallery for this thread you'll see how i attached the fiio6 to my ipod, its more convenient this way so your not holding two pieces while out and about

the e11 steps the output even more so you'll get even more power and volume

both are dark sounding (more emphasis on the bass and lower mids ) and a more rolled off treble 

even with the eq2 i'll repost what i posted last time. i hope no one minds the repost

Users who are viewing this thread

Back