Mar 1, 2009 at 9:36 PM Post #1,171 of 1,737
my Fiio just broke, stopped working, randomly sucks,
frown.gif

Mar 1, 2009 at 11:27 PM Post #1,172 of 1,737
Quote:

Originally Posted by arekieh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
my Fiio just broke, stopped working, randomly sucks,
frown.gif

I had a similar experience. My E5 just stopped working. The power light would come on, but no sound. I turned it on (with nothing hooked to it) and let the battery run all the way down until the power light went out. Then I charged it back up, and it worked.

I suspect there's a problem with the battery charge timer, and letting the battery run completely down allowed that circuit to reboot or reset itself or whatever. Anyway, it's just fine now.

I posted about this earlier in this thread, BTW.

Mar 1, 2009 at 11:36 PM Post #1,174 of 1,737
It's good to just every once in a while at least, let your battery fully discharge before charging it, you may end up regaining some battery life. Thats the way Lithium-Ion batteries work; they have a sensor that keeps track of battery life and sometimes it can get out of wack if you just keep charging it back to full from say half way (it'll think half a charge is fully discharged, when it's not, cutting the life in half), if you fully discharge it it resets like you said. Also you're supposed to keep about 40% charge in a lithium-ion battery if you're going to be not using it for a while, so the battery itself doesn't lose any capacity and so it doesn't gain a "memory" (battery thinking it's dead when it's still got half a charge).

Mar 2, 2009 at 1:03 AM Post #1,177 of 1,737
Quote:

Originally Posted by arekieh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
wierd, i just tried that and the light on mine doesnt even turn on :/

If you can charge it at all, that could indicate a bad battery. You might want to contact the seller for a return.

Mar 2, 2009 at 1:07 AM Post #1,179 of 1,737
Quote:

Originally Posted by ClieOS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you can charge it at all, that could indicate a bad battery. You might want to contact the seller for a return.

lol goti t for $8 might as well get a new one. Thanks though. oh and batteries fine

Mar 2, 2009 at 3:54 PM Post #1,180 of 1,737
I'm a little late on this one but hopefully wap32 is still around!

I am interested in modding my E5 to add a jumper from one side of the 3.5mm jack to the other side so that I can turn it into a 4-conductor connector. The purpose is so that I can use the mic/control functionality of my headphones with my iPhone. Looking at these photos it looks like this might be possible.

I tried opening up the E5 but I'm having difficulty getting the cover to slide off after I press the tabs in. I can get it to slide a couple of millimeters but that's about it. Did you slide it by pressing on the USB connector end or the power button end? Mine seems a lot tighter. I've already scratched up the plastic quite a bit during my first attempt. Any tips would be much appreciated!

Quote:

Originally Posted by wap32 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just picked up my E5.
Opened it, tested it, and then of course, took it apart.
Unlike the E3, it's pretty easy to open and totally non-destructive, which I guess opens the door for mods and such.

Have some pics, click to enlarge.

An unsuspecting E5.

Take off the screw and the clip pops off.

Press the white plastic 'tabs' and slide it out.

Board and holder, top side.

Bottom.

What we have so far.

Closer inspection.

Without battery.

Opamp is OPA2338UA, quick search on the other IC's didn't reveal much.
Also, is it me or does the opamp seems like it was hand-soldered or reworked?

Other angle.

After putting it back, I've been listening to it and compared to the E3 the most noticeable is less hissing.
I don't hear much difference in SQ, but I've only listened for 10min or so. Still pairs pretty well with my er4p.
Basically it seems to be a more practical E3, which is pretty good for the price.

Mar 2, 2009 at 4:41 PM Post #1,181 of 1,737
I have opened mine a few times now. Usually I choose to push the power button side in. There is some double side tapes inside so you will have to push it a bit harder. I am not so sure you should jump the socket, you might end up short circuit and burn something out in worst case.

Mar 2, 2009 at 4:50 PM Post #1,182 of 1,737
Quote:

Originally Posted by warehouse /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm a little late on this one but hopefully wap32 is still around!

I am interested in modding my E5 to add a jumper from one side of the 3.5mm jack to the other side so that I can turn it into a 4-conductor connector. The purpose is so that I can use the mic/control functionality of my headphones with my iPhone. Looking at these photos it looks like this might be possible.

I tried opening up the E5 but I'm having difficulty getting the cover to slide off after I press the tabs in. I can get it to slide a couple of millimeters but that's about it. Did you slide it by pressing on the USB connector end or the power button end? Mine seems a lot tighter. I've already scratched up the plastic quite a bit during my first attempt. Any tips would be much appreciated!

[size=x-large]Nice pics![/size]
beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif

Mar 2, 2009 at 6:40 PM Post #1,183 of 1,737
Do you know if we can find a same shaped more capable battery that will work if replaced with the original?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back