Fiio E17k Alpen 2
Jan 25, 2015 at 1:16 PM Post #241 of 516
I'm going to have to recommend you do some serious reading on audio before you go make any videos. 

You're having trouble understanding even the basics of operation in units, what formats are, and identifying a common issue as something specific and needs mass awareness about. 

Nothing against you mate. But just to help pivot you in the right direciton. 

I understand what you're saying and I agree with you but I am coming from stereo world not for a head fi world some things are just not acceptable but more on thet on my video

Jan 25, 2015 at 9:44 PM Post #245 of 516
If it was obvious i would not ask! And I've never heard of this person, obviously!

Well, if she isn't working for FiiO, I think I would have pointed that out, instead of just referring to the gender misunderstanding. FiiO is company with 200+ employee now, so having not heard one of them doesn't really mean much. For the record, she has been with FiiO for quite a few years now, and as far as I know, she is currently handling most of the PR work. Anyway, case closed and lets move on.

Jan 26, 2015 at 4:13 AM Post #246 of 516
  Any other better option at around the same price range if not E17k ?

The JDS Labs C5D is hands-down the best DAC/Amp at the price, and pretty much betas anything at any price, true story. $249.

You'll find many reviews and users that agree with me. You can't go wrong. But if you want a DAP, the iBasso DX90 simply can't be beat.

Jan 26, 2015 at 3:46 PM Post #248 of 516
Headstage Arrow 5x doesn't seem to be in the price range of Fiio E17K.
What other good DAC/AMP in the price range of E17K do you recommend?

I'm looking forward to use it with BeyerDynamic DT-770 80ohm and laptop.

Quote:
1, We will rename our products line up in the future, and the DAC/AMP will be called as Q series. and the ALPEN II (E17K) will be renamed as Q3 ( My wife drives an Audi Q3, 
size]
).

6, for E17K, we are not going to change the design, please understand us cause there will have less and less portable device which supports optical output and the cable is a problem too.

When will E17K be renamed to Q3?

And still, is there any chance it may have some minor design updates, like fixing some scrollwheel looseness maybe? (based on a review in head-fi)

Jan 26, 2015 at 8:31 PM Post #249 of 516

And still, is there any chance it may have some minor design updates, like fixing some scrollwheel looseness maybe? (based on a review in head-fi)

The wheel on mine seems fine its not loose at all. I wish the knurl was more rough so that it grips better, am in all the wheel seems good to me. I'm using this with my x3 utilizing the coaxial input.

Jan 27, 2015 at 1:00 AM Post #250 of 516
I think i will go for the new iBasso D-Zero MK2. recent reviews show it to be more capable than this E17k.

Jan 27, 2015 at 8:13 AM Post #251 of 516

maybe when we update it in next year or maybe early.

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jan 28, 2015 at 5:18 PM Post #253 of 516
James, is there any detailed manual available for download for the Alpen 2?

Yes

Please utilize the manufacturers website for manuals, specs, pictures etc. You'll find it much more helpful than waiting for the company head to respond. 

http://www.fiio.net/en/supports/31

Just click User Manual and it will download in a zip format. Extract it and then view in browser or with whatever application you so wish. 

Jan 28, 2015 at 8:30 PM Post #254 of 516
It appears that at this point the only reason i still want to buy the E17k is because of the looks that i find aesthetically pleasing and also that i want something that's portable and within this price range.At this range fiio E17k seems to be the only option left.

I get it that it's not neutral and it's warm.But is it like not enjoyable ? According to bowei006's review,E17k's is better than the e11k.Now i'm just confused is it the dac that's not good and makes everything warm or it has something to do with it's amp side ? 

This is the first time i would be buying a amp/dac so idk if it really matters that if it's warm or not.As long as it's enjoyable and not soundstage congested i'm okay with it.

Jan 28, 2015 at 8:45 PM Post #255 of 516
It appears that at this point the only reason i still want to buy the E17k is because of the looks that i find aesthetically pleasing and also that i want something that's portable and within this price range.At this range fiio E17k seems to be the only option left.

I get it that it's not neutral and it's warm.But is it like not enjoyable ? According to bowei006's review,E17k's is better than the e11k.Now i'm just confused is it the dac that's not good and makes everything warm or it has something to do with it's amp side ? 

This is the first time i would be buying a amp/dac so idk if it really matters that if it's warm or not.As long as it's enjoyable and not soundstage congested i'm okay with it.

Well then it will be enjoyable for you by what you just asked, but the warmth makes me sick and causes the the treble to be ever so slightly veiled, not obvious but still. Other than that it sounds gorgeous, that's what i said to myself the other day on final testing before putting it back in the box and on the shelf, i thought to myself that this sound is gorgeous audiophile world-class, but the slightly veiled treble right at the top-end and the warmth afflicted my perfectionist streak and i became disgruntled. You can buy mine for a discount if you still insist to buy it, just PM me. There's not a scratch on it and the box is not torn at all, i can send you email photo to show if you want.

Other than that, if i was you i would buy the iBasso D-Zero MKII, going by the reviews it is better than E17K. The D-Zero MkII also has native Android OTG support and included rare micro USB OTG cable and all at same price as E17K.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back