fiio e17 speculations?
Jan 9, 2012 at 1:17 AM Post #301 of 352
Amazon will be a best and fast way to buy our products in US, and I'd say, we will take the quality control as the most important thing for FiiO, We now realize that 

we will meet a big challenge because the sales volume is so big now, and internet will spread the bad news as fast as good news, although we already sold out 10k

E10, Anyway, we will try our best to improve our quality in 2012, and for people who have problem with our products, we will provide better service to you. 

James in Los Angeles, US

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jan 9, 2012 at 6:34 AM Post #303 of 352

Quote:
Amazon will be a best and fast way to buy our products in US, and I'd say, we will take the quality control as the most important thing for FiiO, We now realize that 

we will meet a big challenge because the sales volume is so big now, and internet will spread the bad news as fast as good news, although we already sold out 10k

E10, Anyway, we will try our best to improve our quality in 2012, and for people who have problem with our products, we will provide better service to you. 

James in Los Angeles, US

Good to know feiao.... good to know.

Jan 9, 2012 at 4:07 PM Post #304 of 352
I asked this question before, but I never received an answer.

Would the e17 work as a portable amp for my Ety ER4's and as a dac/amp for AudioEngine A2's connected to my iMac?

Jan 9, 2012 at 4:24 PM Post #305 of 352

Quote:
I asked this question before, but I never received an answer.

Would the e17 work as a portable amp for my Ety ER4's and as a dac/amp for AudioEngine A2's connected to my iMac?

yes. For use as a portable amp you need a portable music player with either a 3.5mm male connector on both sides or an LOD if you have an ipod

Mac's feature an optical out (most of the time) in their volume out and can be used in conjunction with the optical plug that the E17 comes with so that u get 24/192. it can also be used through USB but will then only provide 24/96

Jan 9, 2012 at 4:47 PM Post #306 of 352
And the e17 will adequately run my AudioEngine A2 speakers (computer - e17 - A2 speakers)?

Also, is the Sik Ram Din a LOD? I have the Sik cable connected to a very old Nano. Anything better?

Quote:
yes. For use as a portable amp you need a portable music player with either a 3.5mm male connector on both sides or an LOD if you have an ipod

Mac's feature an optical out (most of the time) in their volume out and can be used in conjunction with the optical plug that the E17 comes with so that u get 24/192. it can also be used through USB but will then only provide 24/96

Jan 9, 2012 at 4:57 PM Post #307 of 352

Quote:
And the e17 will adequately run my AudioEngine A2 speakers (computer - e17 - A2 speakers)?

Also, is the Sik Ram Din a LOD? I have the Sik cable connected to a very old Nano. Anything better?

1: I don't know if it will run your speakers. your speakers should already have it's own amplifier in it and thus make the amp in the E17..negligable, but you would need someone that does home bookshelf speakers to tell you. 

2:The silk Ram din IS a LOD.. it's not famous or popular and has little reports on head fi. I can not tell you how the FiiO L9 is compared to it. The fiio L3 and L9 are both famous and popular LOD's on Head-fi and in the world. they use hpc22w wires which is pretty good and is only $9 for the L3 and $13 for the L9. is it better? can't tell you anythint defeinite

Jan 9, 2012 at 6:19 PM Post #308 of 352
Thank you for the LOD information. I'll investigate.

For the computer system, I'm mostly wanting a dac that's better than the one in my iMac to run my A2 speakers. I figured if the system runs through the e17 first that it would bypass the the A2 amp too.

I currently have an old (3 -AAA battery) TotalAirHead amp. With the LOD, my old nano, and Ety ER4s IEMs, would the sound be better with the A17?

Quote:
1: I don't know if it will run your speakers. your speakers should already have it's own amplifier in it and thus make the amp in the E17..negligable, but you would need someone that does home bookshelf speakers to tell you. 

2:The silk Ram din IS a LOD.. it's not famous or popular and has little reports on head fi. I can not tell you how the FiiO L9 is compared to it. The fiio L3 and L9 are both famous and popular LOD's on Head-fi and in the world. they use hpc22w wires which is pretty good and is only $9 for the L3 and $13 for the L9. is it better? can't tell you anythint defeinite

Jan 9, 2012 at 6:24 PM Post #309 of 352

Quote:
Thank you for the LOD information. I'll investigate.

For the computer system, I'm mostly wanting a dac that's better than the one in my iMac to run my A2 speakers. I figured if the system runs through the e17 first that it would bypass the the A2 amp too.

I currently have an old (3 -AAA battery) TotalAirHead amp. With the LOD, my old nano, and Ety ER4s IEMs, would the sound be better with the A17?

Investigation may be hard :/

The E17 will not bypass any amp. Unless you  use the L7 from FiiO to bypass it's own amp. It will "add" it's amping capabilites to whatever u are using it with. If your iMac is producing enough wattage than the E17 should be no problem. Most desktops use it's own power.
So what will happen
iMac-->E17(optical or USB)-->Wolfson WM8740DAC-->Pre amp and power amp-->A2 amp--A2

The E17 "should" sound better as it is newer. Newer doesn't always mean better, but in this case it "should". Plz note. When used in conjunction with ur nano and LOD. all u are using is the amping capabilites of the E17 and nothing else.

Jan 9, 2012 at 6:36 PM Post #310 of 352

Ultimately, I'm trying to justify the cost and function of the E17. I need two things:

• It needs to be a better portable amp than my old TAH.
  • It needs to create nicer sound than my direct Imac to A2 setup.

It appears that #2 is likely. Though, will the improvement be noticeable? And for #1, ????

Michael

Quote:
Investigation may be hard :/

The E17 will not bypass any amp. Unless you  use the L7 from FiiO to bypass it's own amp. It will "add" it's amping capabilites to whatever u are using it with. If your iMac is producing enough wattage than the E17 should be no problem. Most desktops use it's own power.
So what will happen
iMac-->E17(optical or USB)-->Wolfson WM8740DAC-->Pre amp and power amp-->A2 amp--A2

The E17 "should" sound better as it is newer. Newer doesn't always mean better, but in this case it "should". Plz note. When used in conjunction with ur nano and LOD. all u are using is the amping capabilites of the E17 and nothing else.

Jan 9, 2012 at 7:19 PM Post #311 of 352

Quote:
Ultimately, I'm trying to justify the cost and function of the E17. I need two things:

• It needs to be a better portable amp than my old TAH.
  • It needs to create nicer sound than my direct Imac to A2 setup.

It appears that #2 is likely. Though, will the improvement be noticeable? And for #1, ????

Michael

1:the E17 has some tone and sound advances that you will see in the Mike @ headfonia's review. wider soundstage than the E10, more clear bass puch than the E11 and what not. I don't know if you with your IEM's can tell a difference.
2: the iMac's internal DAC is already nice. IT's already a High end Cirrus Logic. Depending on how good yoursetup is. if your room absorbs a lot of sound frequencies. Your equipment. The DAC may not make a difference noticabley in sound.

The E17's wodners is being able to not only have these advancements to people that are new to the Mid-fi world but also is very portable so you can take it anywhere. Unless you drastically need it's portability and 24/192 functions. i don't know/can't tell u the E17 is justifiable.

I doubt IEM's will show u that much of a real difference since you already have a popular amp
I doubt you can "hear" the Wolfson WM8740's differences on some A2's

Jan 9, 2012 at 9:25 PM Post #312 of 352
Is there any way to use Digital In on the E17 in conjunction with the E9, or are you limited to USB? If that is true, then would I be better off using the E17 by itself instead of with the E9? Source is my computer (supports 24/192, but has minor static without music), Headphones are ATH-m50s. Thanks.

Jan 10, 2012 at 1:55 AM Post #313 of 352

Quote:

A2 is self-powered (meaning it has an internal power amp section to drive the speaker unit), so E17 should be used as DAC only for maximum SQ or pre-amp mode (if you want the EQ on E17). For that, you'll need the FiiO L7.

Quote:

E17 is much better than Total AirHead.

Quote:
Is there any way to use Digital In on the E17 in conjunction with the E9, or are you limited to USB? If that is true, then would I be better off using the E17 by itself instead of with the E9? Source is my computer (supports 24/192, but has minor static without music), Headphones are ATH-m50s. Thanks.

Yes, you can use the digital-in on E17 when docked on E9. All you need is to set E17 in the right mode and plug the digital cable on the top of E17.

Jan 10, 2012 at 3:17 AM Post #314 of 352

Quote:

Yes, you can use the digital-in on E17 when docked on E9. All you need is to set E17 in the right mode and plug the digital cable on the top of E17.

Good to know, wish the Digital-In was on the E9 though, as it sort of takes a lot away from the convenience of the combo :frowning2:

Jan 10, 2012 at 5:09 AM Post #315 of 352

Quote:

James in Los Angeles, US

good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Back