fiio e17 speculations?
Dec 25, 2011 at 2:35 PM Post #212 of 352

Quote:
Cool....keep us updated. Thinking about canceling my Digizoid v2 order for an E17...

i was going to get a ZO2 also...but then this came out. and the impressions from Mike at headfonia have been absolutley amazing. 
E17>E10>E11>E7(amp wise)>ibasso sub zero
from his tastes

The E17 seems to have the best qualities of the E10,E7,and E11 all added together :)

my main desktop's audio chip is not that good, so i needed a DAC and also an amp :) it also just happened to be christmas(i have a lot of money in reserve for my audiophile tastes, but i get a little more trigger happy in this time of the year :) )

Dec 26, 2011 at 2:02 AM Post #213 of 352
Does anyone think that the $150 price point suggested by Chung James on facebook will be accurate? If so, then this will be a very worthy investment, considering that The e7 plus the d3 for optical will cost you around $120 or more.

Dec 26, 2011 at 2:22 AM Post #214 of 352

Quote:
Does anyone think that the $150 price point suggested by Chung James on facebook will be accurate? If so, then this will be a very worthy investment, considering that The e7 plus the d3 for optical will cost you around $120 or more.

$150 has been the speculated price for months. not to mention Chung works at FiiO and provided me with information

the FiiO E17 for anyone wondering
200mW per channel @ 32 Ohms
Supports Mac

[size=medium]Should be on Amazon the first day it is released[/size]

[size=xx-small]This is just what Chung told me in Facebook Messages[/size]

Dec 26, 2011 at 4:25 AM Post #215 of 352
Sorry, maybe it is my mistake, but need to make it clear,

1, I am not sure whether the E17 will be available on Amazon the first day when it is released because it depend on our agent,

2, The retail price us$150 is just our suggested price to our sales agent, the real price  will be a little high at the beginning  because it is decided by our agents too.  but 

as our experience that finally the retail price will close to our suggested price

3, feiao is  my user ID in head-fi which given by Jude ( it is a strange ID, lol ), and my name is James Chung, and welcome to be my friend on  facebook and follow me on

twitter as below

Facebook:  http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002942361670

[size=medium]Twitter: [/size][size=medium]https://twitter.com/#!/James_fiio[/size]

Chung James

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Dec 26, 2011 at 1:51 PM Post #216 of 352

Quote:
Sorry, maybe it is my mistake, but need to make it clear,

1, I am not sure whether the E17 will be available on Amazon the first day when it is released because it depend on our agent,

2, The retail price us$150 is just our suggested price to our sales agent, the real price  will be a little high at the beginning  because it is decided by our agents too.  but 

as our experience that finally the retail price will close to our suggested price

3, feiao is  my user ID in head-fi which given by Jude ( it is a strange ID, lol ), and my name is James Chung, and welcome to be my friend on  facebook and follow me on

twitter as below

Facebook:  http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002942361670

[size=medium]Twitter: [/size][size=medium]https://twitter.com/#!/James_fiio[/size]

Chung James

the fact that it mght not be avaible first day and a little higher is a bit of a letdown. but is good for me also :) I can't wait to get this thinng, and since it won't be avaible the first day and will be priced higher, i will have to wait for reviews :)

But still, the thing i thought was important none the less about the message was how much power this thing had and if it also supported the Mac :)
Thank you Chung for the information

Any word on what DAC and opamp is in this thing Chung? 

Dec 26, 2011 at 2:09 PM Post #217 of 352
DAC chip is the same as E10. WM8740 for decoding and TE7022 for 24/96 support over USB. While another Wolfson chip will handle the Coax / Optical-in and adds support for 24/192. The amp section is a new design featuring AD8692 and AD8397 in a pre- + power-amp setup. Volume is controlled by another chip which also handle the EQ and such.

Dec 26, 2011 at 2:32 PM Post #218 of 352

Quote:
DAC chip is the same as E10. WM8740 for decoding and TE7022 for 24/96 support over USB. While another Wolfson chip will handle the Coax / Optical-in and adds support for 24/192. The amp section is a new design featuring AD8692 and AD8397 in a pre- + power-amp setup. Volume is controlled by another chip which also handle the EQ and such.

wow..this is some fancy stuff right here. 
How will i be able to use the fancier 24/192 Woflson chip with coaxil? Through my computer?  and it now also has a pre amp inside. wow :)

Ok Quick question. my desktop only has optical out and i plan to use that with this.
http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=102&cp_id=10229&cs_id=1022904&p_id=2763&seq=1&format=2
this cable will work, i know that, but is it worth it from between 12 to 6ft to go the fiber route and pay an extra $15 for a Toslink Fiber optical cable?( or are all Toslink optical cables Fiber already, the facts aren't straight >_< )

I heard there is jitter and something about signal degration the longer the cable. is this true? and to what extent?

Would Getting an dedicated coaxial output on my desktop be better? I also have a macbook pro. IT doesn't' have optical out but i heard from the monoprice video that you can just use the min toslink adpater(that comes with the E17) and plug it into the headphone out. Will this be able to output 24bit 192 KHz to the E17? or can i only do that with a full optical out on my computer like my desktop has

Dec 26, 2011 at 9:51 PM Post #219 of 352
All Toslink cable are fiber optic so you don't need any fancy cable for it. Signal degradation is mainly issue when you run it for long distance and jitter is mainly issue for the SPDIF chip, neither is something you can fix with fancy cable.

Unless Macbook's optical is really bad, I really don't think you will hear much difference between its optical and an extra COAX adapter. It shouldn't have any problem outputting 24/192 but I can't confirm it (as I am not a Mac user). Most Mackbook already has the optical out built into the headphone-out, so check your spec.

Dec 26, 2011 at 10:27 PM Post #220 of 352

Quote:
All Toslink cable are fiber optic so you don't need any fancy cable for it. Signal degradation is mainly issue when you run it for long distance and jitter is mainly issue for the SPDIF chip, neither is something you can fix with fancy cable.
Unless Macbook's optical is really bad, I really don't think you will hear much difference between its optical and an extra COAX adapter. It shouldn't have any problem outputting 24/192 but I can't confirm it (as I am not a Mac user). Most Mackbook already has the optical out built into the headphone-out, so check your spec.

Ok thank you. Yes the MAcbook's do, i was just making sure about signal degration and all that. I can't wait for the E17 now that I now what to use and do :) and monoprice has the fancy cables just so cheap >_<

Dec 28, 2011 at 12:21 PM Post #222 of 352
Sorry for jumping into this thread, but I have a few questions about the Fiio E17. I'm currently debating on getting the E9 and holding off on the E7 to wait for the E17.

Would the E9 and the E17 be the best combo for dac/amp?

I have a AKG K702 and I'm waiting patiently and debating whether to make  the purchase for the E9 right now.

Dec 28, 2011 at 1:28 PM Post #223 of 352

Quote:
Sorry for jumping into this thread, but I have a few questions about the Fiio E17. I'm currently debating on getting the E9 and holding off on the E7 to wait for the E17.

Would the E9 and the E17 be the best combo for dac/amp?

I have a AKG K702 and I'm waiting patiently and debating whether to make  the purchase for the E9 right now.

I don't know if it would be the "best" per see. But if you need all it's functions then yes. As in, you will get a good desktop station for $250. It will have a nice 192KHz @ 24bit Wolfson DAC if you use the optical out on it, or coaxil and then the E9 will basically amp all you want. And then... it's also portable. you can then just grab the E17 up and use it with your ipod or PMP device. So yeah if you are looking for both portability AND desktop use and has a lot of features. This is for you. if you are mainly at home, then looking at desktop ones like the Maverick Tube Magic D1 ($200) might be a bit better. But overal. Yes the FiiO E9 and E17 will basically give you the best "combo" if you need it for desktop use, gaming use, portable use and what not. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back