FiiO E17 "ALPEN" - First Impression + Final Thought
Jun 5, 2013 at 6:36 AM Post #5,881 of 6,777
You also may not be using the right cables keep that in mind. Perhaps the other cables you use are charge only and dont have data capabilities. This happened to another fellow. But if you tried a few cables then that probably doesnt apply to you

Right click on E17 in device manager and uninstal drivers

If that doesnt work. Soft reset and hard reset the E17 and try again

WARNING: only uninstal driver if it speciically says E17. Doing so for any other can wreck your computer 

Jun 5, 2013 at 6:49 AM Post #5,882 of 6,777
Quote:
Any one of these here:
http://www.monoprice.com/products/subdepartment.asp?c_id=102&cp_id=10229&cs_id=1022902

If you still have the Toslink Mini adapter your E17 came with the you could use any of these:
http://www.monoprice.com/products/subdepartment.asp?c_id=102&cp_id=10229&cs_id=1022904

But the site says 3.5mm connected with 5 mm outside diameter. Is 5 mm mandatory?

Because I have chosen another product as only this is available in India

http://www.amazon.com/HOSA-TOSLINK-mini-Toslink-FIBER-OPTIC-CABLE/dp/B00006LVF3

Can you please tell me if this will be compatible?

Thanks
Yes that Toslink cable will work fine.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

Jun 5, 2013 at 8:10 AM Post #5,885 of 6,777
Jun 5, 2013 at 10:14 AM Post #5,886 of 6,777
Quote:

Nope, never listened to XM6 before.

Ok,do u familiar with Sony Walkman`s? I was thinking if i bought the E17 to combo my Walkman,should i use the Line Out or just the 3.5mm cable? The reason i`m asking this is that my walkman has in-built EQ,noise cancelling,bass boost and some other feature to enhance the output. So if i use the line-out cable instead,this would bypass the all the feature i said before right? Will this be a benefit or the other way around?

Jun 5, 2013 at 10:29 AM Post #5,887 of 6,777
Sorry, don't know much about Sony Walkman either. However, most likely you won't bypass EQ since most EQ in DAP these days are implemented digitally and can't be bypassed. Noise cancelling however will not work, I assumed, since it probably has to work with the stock earphone out of the headphone-out.

Jun 5, 2013 at 9:47 PM Post #5,889 of 6,777
Quote:
I have a question about the L7 LOD.
Does the USB jack on the L7 allow you to still use USB audio input on the E17?
I can't imagine why it wouldn't, but I just want to make sure.

Yes everything works the same with it hooked to a computer etc... it just gives you access to the Line Out port on the bottom of the E17. So you could plug your powered speakers or other Line Level device into the 3.5mm jack on the L7

Jun 6, 2013 at 8:00 PM Post #5,892 of 6,777
This question is a little out of the blue but wasn't sure where to ask it.

I have both the Fiio E7 and E17 I use the both at different times as a DAC on my macbook pro 

when I use the E7 the volume control on the laptop has no affect on the output volume level but

when I use the E17 it does. What is different

about these DAC’s and how they work.

in system preferences the E7 is listed as USB Audio DAC and the E17 is listed as Fiio USB DAC- E17

thanks

Jun 6, 2013 at 8:28 PM Post #5,893 of 6,777
Quote:

"Welcome to Head-Fi! Sorry about your wallet"
Normal font is great to use. We can perfectly see it.

That happens due to consumer responce.

Generally, you do not want the computer to have anything less than 100% for 'volume' when you have a DAC attached and that volume control is directly interfacing with the DAC. This reduces the bit depth sent.

The E7 was made with FiiO thinking that up there. That you shouldn't turn the thing down from 100%. This is to guarantee quality.

Most people don't know this and are also of circumstance where they want to do it and dont' care. This created a problem as they thought it was a problem or didn't like the E7 not allowing them to change the volume when it was connected.

FiiO thus with the E17 changed it so that you can change volume. Of course, keeping at 100% is still fully recommended, but now people can do whatever they want.

Jun 6, 2013 at 8:42 PM Post #5,894 of 6,777
Also I'm still thinking if I could resolve USB driver issue with E17 myself before buying this cable

I tried with different machines, different cables, different OS. Facing same problem in all the machines

When I connect E17 to the machine, its not getting detected. In Device manager it shows 'USB Composite Device' with yellow exclamatory mark and in Device Status it says 'This device cannot start. (Code 10)'

Can any techie help me in resolving this issue? Since this is a USB Class 1 driver I can't update the driver but there should be some way where we can fix driver issue rather sending E17 to manufacturer. 

Thank you so much

Jun 6, 2013 at 8:45 PM Post #5,895 of 6,777
Quote:
Thank you so much

Not sure who you were referencing?

You quoted a post that was also asking a question and looks to not have to deal with your problem?

I'll take a guess and imply that something weird happened and that the 'thank you' was directed towards me?

If it is:

You're Welcome 
biggrin.gif

If it's not:
Oh well, then this is awkward. 
ph34r.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back