FiiO E17 "ALPEN" - First Impression + Final Thought
Jan 29, 2013 at 11:41 AM Post #5,431 of 6,777
Quote:

I tried with many PCs but getting the same issue. I think the issue is with E17 itself. But I'm still wondering because it was working fine till last week and suddenly one day it is not getting detected. What happened in between? What was causing this issue? I don't understand

The last time when it was working fine, I was fiddling with 96 KHz/24 bit in Audio MIDI setup in my MAC os for HD tracks but thats the only thing which I did. But from next day it was not working. Even I tried to change back 96 khz to 44...

Fried Tenor chip most likely, by static electricity perhaps or maybe bad soldering. These amps are modular enough to be able to take a lot of punishment, so it might mostly still work. Sounds like RMA to me.

I hope FiiO switched their mail express company though, had some bad experience with it.

Jan 30, 2013 at 12:15 AM Post #5,437 of 6,777
Anyone know Fiio's warranty off the top of their head? I bought my E17 at launch and it just started displaying the loose jack problem (left audio channel cutting out until the plug is jiggled into the right place). I use it daily for quiet quality audio on my desktop and laptop and I really can't afford to buy a new E17/headphone amp right now.

Jan 30, 2013 at 2:32 PM Post #5,438 of 6,777
Quote:
Anyone know Fiio's warranty off the top of their head? I bought my E17 at launch and it just started displaying the loose jack problem (left audio channel cutting out until the plug is jiggled into the right place). I use it daily for quiet quality audio on my desktop and laptop and I really can't afford to buy a new E17/headphone amp right now.

1 year limited I believe.

Jan 30, 2013 at 3:02 PM Post #5,439 of 6,777
Quote:

If you bought it at Amazon, report the problem (because Fiio's warranty support page says to do so - contact the seller). Even though their deal is just 30 days, they may honor the Fiio 1 year warranty, by exchanging the unit for a new one (they did for me).

Good luck. 

(otherwise, contact Fiio about the 1 year warranty)

Jan 30, 2013 at 3:04 PM Post #5,440 of 6,777
... and read this page:

http://fiio.com.cn/support/detail.aspx?ID=100000003535257

Jan 31, 2013 at 10:07 AM Post #5,443 of 6,777
Question:

I am using E17 with L7 line out to use as a DAC. 

E17 is connected with Toslink optical, USB (Charge only), and 3.5 line out.

I set E17 with OPT setting to recieve input from optical in. 

But everytime I turn off and on the device it resets to USB and I have to manually reselect OPT.

is there a way it holds its input setting?

Jan 31, 2013 at 10:48 AM Post #5,445 of 6,777
It switches to USB for convenience when docking with E9 or L7...

Page 5 of the manual states that when the E17 is docked it will automatically switch to USB.
Alpen-E17 Manual

Users who are viewing this thread

Back