FiiO E17 "ALPEN" - First Impression + Final Thought
Jan 21, 2013 at 12:25 AM Post #5,386 of 6,777
Quote:
I can't say enough positive about the battery on the E17. I just can't get the thing to run out lol, I haven't charged mine in 5+ days now, and out of those last 5 days I've spent at least 4-5 hours with it. That should have been enough to drain the battery, but it's STILL sitting at 50%. I'm beginning to wonder if the battery is ever going to run out 
L3000.gif

Is that so? I'm beginning to feel that that battery may have a problem.

As part of my near patented Panda procedures on battery operation. I recommend playing this song until end to test that battery. Listening is recommended but not required, singing along is.

This should get the battery down.

Jan 21, 2013 at 12:30 AM Post #5,388 of 6,777
I can't say enough positive about the battery on the E17. I just can't get the thing to run out lol, I haven't charged mine in 5+ days now, and out of those last 5 days I've spent at least 4-5 hours with it 3 of those days (the other 2 days has also had use, but less). That should have been enough to drain the battery, but it's STILL sitting at 50%. I'm beginning to wonder if the battery is ever going to run out 
L3000.gif

It runs on enjoyment. As long as u keep enjoying it, the batt will keep moving electrons. LOL.

Jan 21, 2013 at 12:33 AM Post #5,389 of 6,777
Quote:
I don't think having it run 4 hours per day for a week without needing a charge would be classified as a "problem". I'd probably use something more like "miracle" lol.

No, it's a serious problem. Please follow instructions right away or I can not guarantee the battery life of your unit. As we have now wasted precious time, you need to replay that video twice to heal your battery.

Jan 21, 2013 at 12:39 AM Post #5,390 of 6,777
Quote:
Or the problem could be that everybody is to caught up on trying to bypass the DAC in the idevices. As far as I know, most, if not all of the apple iDevices have good DAC's already in them and will work well with just a simple headphone amp and an LOD. 

Jan 21, 2013 at 12:47 AM Post #5,391 of 6,777
No, it's a serious problem. Please follow instructions right away or I can not guarantee the battery life of your unit. As we have now wasted precious time, you need to replay that video twice to heal your battery.

This is an emergence!
( /O_O)/ T^^^T = _|__|_
Stat, run and get the defebulators!
....(~*_*)~ € €
We shall put a stop to this batteries treachery!
[+_-] €~(^_^€~)
*I will cast out this witchery and endow u with physics my little electron mover.

Jan 21, 2013 at 10:58 AM Post #5,392 of 6,777
Quote:
There is no downloadable one. 

The driver is USB class 1. Meaning it is self contained. Can you try on another PC? If the same problem happens, then the USB has problems most likely

I tried with another Windows 7 PC as well but facing the same problem. But Aux is working fine. Looks like USB in E17 is gone :frowning2:

Its really a nightmare for me to send E17 to mp4nation for replacement. I'm from India. It would be great if the issue gets resolved by doing some workaround

Any other ideas please?

I was very eager for FIIO X3 but now slowly my mind is changing

@feaio, could you please help me to resolve this issue?

Jan 21, 2013 at 12:10 PM Post #5,393 of 6,777
Quote:

I tried with another Windows 7 PC as well but facing the same problem. But Aux is working fine. Looks like USB in E17 is gone :frowning2:

Its really a nightmare for me to send E17 to mp4nation for replacement. I'm from India. It would be great if the issue gets resolved by doing some workaround

Any other ideas please?

It does seem like USB has a problem.

It was recommended to buy from your nation's local authorized dealer or one near it.

For you.
http://www.pristinenote.com/
http://fiio.net/where/index.aspx

Is an authorized dealer and carried the E17 at the right price.

It should have been bought there so that a problem like this could have been resolved easily

As it's a device issue, you need to contact either FiiO or MP4nation. Is your E17 new? If it is within MP4Nation's return/exchange date then I suggest that. If it is not, you may need to contact FiiO on if they wish for you to deal with FiiO or MP4nation. FiiO has sometimes used the local dealer to help out with problems, but as this is a device issue, I'm not sure what could be done.

You need to contact FiiO's support email. 
http://fiio.net/support/contact.aspx

Jan 21, 2013 at 6:48 PM Post #5,395 of 6,777
Quote:
My wallet has bled for audio in the past. The sound totally justifies the cash for me. With the amount of time I spend listening to music it would be a crime to go through life listening to 128kbps mp3s on Monster Dre Beats. 

Monster split with the Beats by Dr. Dre brand about a year ago.

They will keep working together for a year since the announcement in terms of Monster using their facilities to make the stuff. That time is almost up. Beats by Dr. Dre is owned 51% by HTC. HTC has connections and thus not having Monster's connections wouldn't  mean anything. Dre and Bovine (the starters) cashed in their stock of Beats after the acquisition by HTC but later re bought most of it back. And was reported to have made a sizable profit from it.

Despite the rep Bovine and Dre have received. Monster and Beats standard is audiophile. Analog cables that cost a fortune due to "awesome" stuff inside it and headphones that cost a lot without care for who buys it as it was the creators own vision. They may not be popular around here but Monster's cables and Beats headphones are a mainstream realization of the audiophile realm. Where a headphone or cable with stuff in it will be sold at high prices as that's what the idea of the creator was. And whether it was sold or not doesn't matter.

I'm procrastinating on studying. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to procrastinate even a little bit more.

Jan 21, 2013 at 9:50 PM Post #5,396 of 6,777
Quote:

Any other ideas please?

Sorry for the late reply , now it is impossible to me to track all the thread because I already spent so many time in head-fi and other forum. 

All the possibility includes

1, E17 itself. you got a defective E17. means you have to contact mp4nation to get warranty service. I heard they will open shops in India in the coming soon, you can contact them.

2, The cable. you can try another USB to mini USB cable.

3, The OS of the PC, I will suggest you try another PC/Laptop , and don't forget to change the input to USB. 

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jan 21, 2013 at 9:51 PM Post #5,397 of 6,777
Quote:
It does seem like USB has a problem.

It was recommended to buy from your nation's local authorized dealer or one near it.

For you.
http://www.pristinenote.com/
http://fiio.net/where/index.aspx

Is an authorized dealer and carried the E17 at the right price.

It should have been bought there so that a problem like this could have been resolved easily

As it's a device issue, you need to contact either FiiO or MP4nation. Is your E17 new? If it is within MP4Nation's return/exchange date then I suggest that. If it is not, you may need to contact FiiO on if they wish for you to deal with FiiO or MP4nation. FiiO has sometimes used the local dealer to help out with problems, but as this is a device issue, I'm not sure what could be done.

You need to contact FiiO's support email. 
http://fiio.net/support/contact.aspx

Is it possible to upgrade the firmware in E17? I am thinking if upgrading firmware may resolve this issue

Jan 21, 2013 at 10:17 PM Post #5,398 of 6,777
Quote:
Monster split with the Beats by Dr. Dre brand about a year ago.

They will keep working together for a year since the announcement in terms of Monster using their facilities to make the stuff. That time is almost up. Beats by Dr. Dre is owned 51% by HTC. HTC has connections and thus not having Monster's connections wouldn't  mean anything. Dre and Bovine (the starters) cashed in their stock of Beats after the acquisition by HTC but later re bought most of it back. And was reported to have made a sizable profit from it.

Despite the rep Bovine and Dre have received. Monster and Beats standard is audiophile. Analog cables that cost a fortune due to "awesome" stuff inside it and headphones that cost a lot without care for who buys it as it was the creators own vision. They may not be popular around here but Monster's cables and Beats headphones are a mainstream realization of the audiophile realm. Where a headphone or cable with stuff in it will be sold at high prices as that's what the idea of the creator was. And whether it was sold or not doesn't matter.

I'm procrastinating on studying. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to procrastinate even a little bit more.

I'm at work using my HD650s with my Fiio E17. Working nights gives me quite a bit of time to browse and listen to music as I do my work. I didn't think I would like the open design of the HD650s but it allows me to listen to music at a decent volume and still hear my phone ring at work. 

I didn't know about HTC buying the Dre beats headphone brand. I still think Beats sound like **** and muddy the sound of the original song. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back