FiiO E17 "ALPEN" - First Impression + Final Thought
Jul 8, 2012 at 7:25 PM Post #3,931 of 6,777
Quote:
Thank you very much for your reply. I now see what you mean!
I am looking forward to using this great bit of kit with my main amplifier.
Once again many thanks for our help.

It outputs with a 3.5mm input on the L7 so you would need a wire that has a male 3.5mm or 1/8th plug on one end and the other end would be whatever you want to use to input. It could be a variety of things really.

If you start to find this setup finicky then there are desktop DAC's you can get. I personaly would take the E17 with me to so many places that it started being inconvenient as I needed it almost everywhere. A pal of mine Kiteki on here recommends and likes the AK4396 which is sold as a standalone DAC on ebay for $80. It uses the same DAC used in the AudioEngine D1.

I am personally using Dual Wolfson WM 8741's as a DAC only :)

Jul 9, 2012 at 7:10 AM Post #3,932 of 6,777
Mine came today and I am very happy with the purchase
but one thing is bothering me when I change my computer settings to 
24bit 192k optical line out to Fiio E17,it generates bad noise. Lowering it to 24bit 96k makes it fine again.

Any idea?

Jul 9, 2012 at 10:10 AM Post #3,933 of 6,777
I ordered the Matrix USB to SPDIF converter via SGY-NET.  On the USPS tracking website as of the time of this post it says:

Processed Through Sort Facility

June 30, 2012, 2:26 pm

ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS) 

Registered Mail[size=x-small]™[/size]

Does this mean it has gone through customs and is on its way to my door, or do I need to wait for it to say Departed ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS)?

9 days seems like an awful long time to go through customs...

Jul 9, 2012 at 11:19 AM Post #3,934 of 6,777
Quote:
24bit 192k optical line out to Fiio E17,it generates bad noise. Lowering it to 24bit 96k makes it fine again.

Any idea?

Is your buffer too low? If you're around 50 ms in foobar it crackles a lot for me, even on usb.

Jul 9, 2012 at 11:39 AM Post #3,935 of 6,777
Is your buffer too low? If you're around 50 ms in foobar it crackles a lot for me, even on usb.

Too low buffer generally causes stuttering, but never noise.

I think it's caused by bad support for 192KHz playback on his computer. Maybe the chip doesn't support it directly, and it tries to upsample it through a bad algorithm. Don't know exactly what the underlying cause is, but it's most likely the optical output of his computer that's at fault.

When using 24/192 does the E17 correctly display the sampling rate? Or does it still say it's on 96KHz?

Jul 9, 2012 at 11:47 AM Post #3,936 of 6,777
This is going to sound ridiculous, and I don't mean to change the subject, but does it bother anyone else that they chose to go with a card board/paper based packaging vs a Tin box like the e10/e11? 

Jul 9, 2012 at 11:49 AM Post #3,937 of 6,777
Quote:
I ordered the Matrix USB to SPDIF converter via SGY-NET.  On the USPS tracking website as of the time of this post it says:

Processed Through Sort Facility

June 30, 2012, 2:26 pm

ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS) 

Registered Mail[size=x-small]™[/size]

Does this mean it has gone through customs and is on its way to my door, or do I need to wait for it to say Departed ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS)?

9 days seems like an awful long time to go through customs...

.... Don't over analyze it. I do it all the time and look at all those special words to make myself think it's alread out....but looking at that. PRocesssed doesn't mean depart usually.

Quote:

Any idea?

Seems to be your computer's chip may have a problem? 

If all else fails and you don't know what to do, create a system restore POINT (the point you restore BACK to) and find and update your audio drivers or even South Bridge . Do this at your own risk. Some people can mess it up bad...if you know what to do ...and is patient..it will be fine.

Jul 9, 2012 at 11:52 AM Post #3,938 of 6,777
Quote:
This is going to sound ridiculous, and I don't mean to change the subject, but does it bother anyone else that they chose to go with a card board/paper based packaging vs a Tin box like the e10/e11? 

Save the enviroment man [size=medium]
(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)​
[/size]

Every day, my panda brethren are on the face of extinction![size=medium]
ಠ▃ಠ ​
[/size]FiiO choose to go cardboard whatever to save my borthers(just kidding, [size=medium]
t(ツ)_/¯ ​
[/size] I don't know) from....abosolute devastating extionction![size=medium]
ಥ_ಥ​
[/size]

Now everyone![size=medium]
)・ω・)​
[/size]Do the same! Vote, I , Panda! For World peace leader 2020!![size=medium]
╚(•⌂•)╝​
[/size]
[size=medium]
(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)​
[/size]

[This may be the most randomist thing I have ever posted]

[size=medium]Ȩ̩̱̰̘̱̲ͤ̂͂͂̎̕v̤̮͍͇̝̽ͫ̾ͨ̏ͭ̈́ͅė͖̰͕̐ͥͥ̋͑͑r̶̰̫̼͈͕͉̘̯̆̐̇ͦ̀̿̎͘y̸̼̺ͧ͊ͪ̒́͠ͅ ̼̜͖͈͎̟̙͇͎͑̾̑ͭ̆̃́͘d̼̗̊͒͝a̤͖̭͈̳̓̾ͯ͜ͅͅy̝͍̫̙ͩ͂ͣ̆̑ͬ͛̚͘̕͞,̵̼͔͈̼̙ͭ͝ ̩͉͈̼͚̬ͭ̂̌̑͊ͦͫͤͅm̷̨̗̥͔͔ͫ̈́̆̈ÿ̛̞͈͍̙̜͎́ ̳̩̄͂͡p̸̜̙̤͇̰͂̀ͩͦͭa̡̪̹ͬ͐̀n̥͍̠̟̗̼̬̻ͥ͑̈̋̄͌̄d̴̝̟̖̥͇̙̬̜̜̉̍̓̃̀̚a͕̥̦̤̔̔ͫ̒͂͠͡ ̼͇̥̗̋ͅb̶̷̼̮̤͈̲̱͎͐̃̏ͬ̏ͤ͒r̙͕͎̺̈́͞e͉͇̠̞ͯ͐̍̀̚͟͜t̮̘̰ͬ̈h̐̃͛ͧ͛͋͌̇̕͏̡͕̠̟r̵͖̉̊ͩ̓e̡̲̻̯͕͆̈́̀̃̄ͥ͐̀̕n̴̳̗̽̑́̃̓̐ͣͦ ̴̟̩̙̣̦̮̟̭ͨͥḁ̶̞̮̖͎ͩ͆̑̎͂ͬ̃ͩ́̚͝r̷̼̼̫ͦe̸̡͕͍ͪͫ̅͒̈́͘ ̴̧̩̝̙̭̟̥̹̇ͦ̈ͦo̸̺̤̣͛ͨn̏̋͏̸̜͙̩̲̰̕ͅ ̿ͤ͒̂ͬ҉̡̜̱͎t̛̤̥̞̰ͮ̅͐̆ͅh̞̣ͣͣ͟ễ̖͓̤͇̽͝͡ ͈͉̠̖͕ͭ̓͊̈͑f͖̞̘̲̑ͧ̀͜͟a̸̪͙̻̓ͮͤ̀͟͝c̾̃̑̽̉͑ͧ҉̪̜̺̬ẹ̗̗ͩ̀ͧͭ̇̅ͬͫ͒̀ ̒ͩ̊҉҉̣͍͔͖ơ̮̭̥͙̜͍͍̦̎̔ͥͣf͍̮̠̽͋̏͠ ̠͇̬͎͓̤͎͐ͩͅę͖̫̟͓͈̺̽̈́̆͋ͯ̃̔ͭx̗̊͊ͭ̃̚͜͠͞t̨͓̬̠͍̲͕̊́ͩͩ̚͢i̫̥̪͈̻̒ͧͫ͛͗͂̍̚͘͢n̸͉̪̅ͭͦͦͪͬ͒͞c̵̾̽͏̧͖͉̖͖̲t̏̾̊̂̄ͦ͏̝i̤̤͖͙̰̟̱͑͆ͭͨ̈͂ͯȯ̘n̮ͩ͐̇̀̋!̢ͭͤ̑́̋ͥ̃͏̬̹̙̤̱̻͚̣͖ ͮ͛҉͟҉̮͔ͅF̹̗̤̳̰ͦ̈́ͫ̓ͣ̒́͝į̧̦̙͍͔͖̳͖͂ͤ̐i͕̜̍̐ͪ̏̾ͧͪ͂̕͢O̖͈̓̐ ̫̰̥͒̐c͖̺̞̫̱͈ͮͬͅh̴̭̝̭̠͙̃̽̽ͬ̈́o̡͎̯̞̐̐ͤͧͦ͛̍̚ö̰̬̪̲̜́͋s͓̗̤̮̾̂ͤͨ͌̍e̺̘̊ ͉̺̼̘̓̾͑̐͛̐̊̏͆t̶̡̬̘͈̫̙̣̄ͤͧ̒ͦ͆ͅo̶̗͕̬̗̘̬̓̆̽ ̣͈̓̋̓̄̽̚͘g̒͂͘҉͎̱͚̙̖o̩̻̓͗͂ͧ̽̋ͬ̅ͭ̕ ͚͉̞̬ͦ͆́͗̃́͞c͔͙̪̬̻̰̯̲̖̎͂̒ͣ̆͂å̳̲̤ͫ̍͊̉ͦ̓r̡̫̞̰̋͂͗̓ͦ̾̕͞d̯̻̰̮̪̯̞̊ͨ͟ḅ̛̣͈̆̆͡ó͉̼̯͗̓̍ͬ͛̈ͥ̈́a̗͑́ȑ̷̫̣̩͕ͭ͑ͧ̀͜d̫͉͍̲͈̜̳̊̀̆͟͝ͅ ͖̗ͬͯ̈́ͫ͒̃ͯ͛́w̞͕͈̼̼̤͗̐͋̄ͬ͟hͦ͋ͪ̂҉͙̦̥̳͚ͅa̭̯ͮ͘͠t̴͚̼͔̙̻̯͙̹̎͑̿̂͒e̠̣̗̮͕̠ͭ̐ͮͯ̓͋ͣ͑ͅv̶̧̥̠͓͓̲̟̬͗̈́͒͗̀ͤē̶̡̺͈̬̹͇̣̠ͨ͘ͅr̹̜̐̍͠ ̹̹͈͓̼͉͙͙̥͗̏͛ͥ̓͊͆͌̔ṭ̡̺̦̲ͩ͋̑̾ͅo̵̜̮̱ͨͮͧ̿͑̂͑̿ͥ ̴̴̻ͮ͗̽̌͑ͣ́ͫ́s̘̯͍̪͈͇͈̄̑̀ͩͥͣ̀a̝̣̙͚͎̻ͧͪ̉͐͗̉v̨̢̬̗͇͖̔̽ͅę̸͍̟̘̈̄́ ͇̻̼̭̱͎͕̟̩͌̀͆̑ͫ̓͑̐͟ṁ̧̺̐͆͋ͬ̈́̚̕y̘͔ͮ͂͊̾̍̃̓ͫ̂ ̵̤̝̣́̂ͭ̎̐̄̄ͨ͟b̧̘̣̬̲̬̟̝̲̎ͨ̐ͪ̐̈̒ͅǒ̦͈̖̩̻̘͠ͅͅr̩̹̾̅̊́̋͒ţ̼͔̤͓͔̽͋ͨh̘̦̪̗ͣͯ̅̉́e̷͓̻̖̫̠͖̪͕͗̓ͩͭ̆ͯ̇ͨ͟ř͔̜̎̀ś̰̪̜͂͘͠(̨̹̙̠ͤ̍̓̀̅ͪ̒̀j̸͇̬̝̹̱͉̲̹͒́̑̈u̷̸̖͌ͪͦs̡̤̳̤̫̗͔͗̀t͐͏̪̪̘͓̱͘͢ ̢͙̤̬̣͇̗̄̈́͂̔̿͗̾ͤ́k̢̳̞͚̮ͮ̆ͨͫ̑̃̄ĩ̅̽̉̔ͮͭ̏҉̝d̝̯̮̘̼̠̋̔͢d̸̩̠̖͖͖̤̝͎̉ͮͣ͗͐ͥi̷̘͚̭̥̙͂̚̚͟͞ͅn͇̯͖̤̳̺͈̲̈́ġ͓́,̗̜͎̯̩̣̭ͤ̊ͬ ̜̥͙̻͍̣ͫͧ̎̒͜I̳͙͍͍̦͕̰͛̒̄ͩͫ̉ͥ ̵͈̩̤͙̹̺̯̺ͬ̃͗̇ͤ̆͠d͔͓͖̪̿̾o̧ͦ̂̌ͧͧͯ̄́̊҉̰͕̪͓̳̦́ñ̩̀ͥ͆ͅ'̠̲͉͕̽́̉̂̏̏̈́̃͞t̄ͧͩ̑̾̈́̅̃̾҉̼̣̜̙͓ ̶͎̭̰͇̼͈͈̣̅ͤͭ͒̊̈́ͫ̚͘k̶͎̪͎͔̈́̀n̾͛̇̄̐͑ͩ͠҉̸̪͙̝̝̝ỏ̖͉͖̗̤̰̊̀w͖͖̺̦̝̩ͤ͌̃̅)ͯ͛͛҉͏͉͕̬̙͢ ̡̱͓̓̎ͪ͌f͉̞ͦ̄̆̓ͫͣ̿͘͟r̸̹͖̰͉͆̊ͥ̿͛ͣ͗̀o̜͚̟͚̦̪̦̔̓̑̅ͤ͝m͓̹̲̩͕̲͖͗̾.̢͕̮͇̜̣̥̪̭͎̑̋͝.̡͓̮̲͇̜̑͂̽ͩ͊ͨ.̵̶͙̈́ͮͪ͋̇ͤ͐̚.̈͐̐̄́̇͂͂ͨ͜҉̖̥̝̭͇̺ͅͅa̠̪̘͉̩̳ͪͩ̎ḅ̧̹͚̪̙̻̹͕̋ͧ̽̈́̊͗̎o̓́̀͒͏̵̢̜̠̬̹͍̣̦ş̵̤̪̳̐ͩ̄ͦ̐o̗̝ͣ̓̔͊̽̕l̥͈̣̫̖̓̒̊ͤ̈͗ͫ͞u̮̙͒͞t̷͚̹̊ͯ̇̕e̵̤̝͈͍͛̑̿̉̽ ̵̨̹̦̩̖̦͈̇̌͟d̴̡͚̪̾́ͧ̎ͤ̒ͧ̑ͬ͜ę̵̟̳͚̂ͯ͆v̛̱̖͙̇̌̍̉͟ã̡̫̼̩͓̟̜͎̤ͫ̔͝s̸̘̘̓t̡͈̤̤͎ͥ̊ͭ̉ą͔̳̭̺͉͍̤̣̞̽́ͣ̈͟͠t̵̨͉̺͚͎̫̙̉ͮi̟̽̔̋ͩ̆͝ñ̫̲͚ͭ̈́́ͭͤͬ̈́͠g̷̞͍̳̜̦̰̈́̂̐̌̐͗͐̆͢ ̦̣͎̝͚̻̱̭̿ͣ̏ͫe̷̪͖̒̇ͥ̋̃ͥ͞x̗̲̥͕̖̟̋̈ͪͨ͑ͪ̋̉͋t̬͖̙̟͇̎͂̒͌ͪi̧̡̦̼͖̦̯̣͂̇̂͂́o̶͔͙͈̘̮̞̊ͨ̑̌̒ͭ̑͟ͅn̶͇̭̫̝̳͕̞͎ͮ͛̽̊c̹̰̜̺͍̤̆̒̊ͯ̏̾́͢ͅt̳̘̲̊̓͐̋̎ͦȋ̖̞̖̣̞̼̩̦̭͒̋ͫͫ̓ô̴̴̺̻̹̟̘̗͒̾͒̀͐n̻̖̞̺̓͗̊̓̓̑ͪ̀̚!̗̱̥̦͎͇͊̐̀͒[/size][size=medium][/size]
[size=medium]̸͖̬̘̯͔̲̝ͥͭͤ̽̓̎͡ ̱͇̟̝̳͉̎̌̌̋̀́[/size][size=medium][/size]
[size=medium]̝̟̜̃̈̒́N̵̳͉̩͓͌͆o̡̝̬͙͉͈ͣͬ̽̈́͊ͮ̅w̛̳̣̘͕̮̯̾̅̌̃ͬ ͎̱̳̇̅̄̓͆ͣͨ͠͡ĕ̝̫̘͇̞̋̓͆ͮ͂̈́̔͠v̴̼͚̪͕͓̬͚̥̀̑ͥe̗̫̹̻̬͕̺̽ͣ̉̌͢r̡̘̬̖̫̣̩͓̍͒̏͆̌̊̀y̶̩̜̺̍͗̎̅ͭ̓ͦ͡ơ͔̘̝̣̜͚̹̬̏ͪṇ͇͇̖͔̘͗ͮ͝e̛̪̟̲͂͢!̸̸̤̞̼̘̘͑͂͊̂͗̽͂ ̵̵̳̣͕͕͔̯̜̌ͮͧͤD̜̗̞̮̏̑̅ͯ̐ͅơ̶͙͖̬̼̲̦͚̓̾̐͡ ̴̳͖̪͔̐̿̄̆ͬ̄̅̀t̠̬͔̺̺̼̲̍͒͗̀̍͟h̛̞̝̰̣̥̓̍̄̎ͯ͜ẻ̛͉̖͎̰͙̎̀͠ͅ ̜ͦ̄̐͗͑̾͘ŝ̸͓̥̖̯̘͕͌͒̐̿́͛̾͂̕͞ͅͅa̦͕̪͔͓̰̠̳̐ͩ̅ͮ͌̿̀͠m̥͔ͯ͗͂͌̓ͮ͑ͣe̦̲͇̾̀͘!̷̢̝̱͔̏ͬ̈̂ͥ͑̿ͩ ̙̣̥̖̮̪̉̃̇V̵̡̰̖̰͎̻̔̑ͣ̊ͧ̒͂̚ȏ͓̖̣̰͓͛t̢̹͎̮̤̣̖̆͊ͪ͗ͨ̓ệ̶̣͕ͧ̃ͨ͠,̶̴̹̗͍̘͈̫͈̦͕̐̅͛̃ͤ ̹̙̻̅́̚͝I̩̯͖͉̞ͨ͆͟ ̢̹̺̲̤̈͞,̦͎͕̔̎͑̐̈́̎ͭͨ̾ ̛̱͎̭͙̪̟ͭ̂̚͘P͍̬͈̙̮͎̰̫̲ͩͧ̏a̞̓̃ͥ̏͞͝n̛̘̳̩̩̽̄́ḑ̞͋̽ͭ͊̈́ͧ͛̀ḁ̸̬͈̯͈͇̘͊̏̍̏͘͘ͅ!̵̠̦͕̫̩̲͇͎͑̚ ̴͚͉̺̹̉ͣ̌̀ͅF̟̩̥͈̺̋ͥͪ̋̔̂͜o̥̤̭ͨ̓ͪ̔͐̚r̸͖͚̰̙͓͙ͤ͊͒ͬͫ͛͝ ̴̪̼͈̤̟̱̹ͮ̉ͬͣ̚͘W̹̥͈͓̱ͦ̕͞o̡̥̥̓͗ͭ̓͑̃ͫ̄ͅr͍͙̜̯̂͊͠l̗̬̫̙̘̻̯̲ͥ̕d̫̩̼̯̘̄̕͠ ͙͉̜͔̗̐ͤ̄ͯ̚͝͠p̴̢̤̹̖̳̗̽͗ê̡̲͎͉͕̦͖̳̈͆̕ͅa͉͇͉̣̳̭͛͛̒͑c̵͍̩͇̩̠͛̋̈́ě̢̪ͨ ̢̭͍̹͙͊͑ͨl̩͇͍̖͎̪͋̓̐ͧȅ̩̾̅̈a̭̳̤̝͇͓͗ͨͯ̆d̵͎̥̺̩̺ͪ̂͑̒̐̐̽e̢̝̠̹̰̗̯ͦͬ̀̍̃͘͜r̞̱̯͖̺̜̫͇͛͘ ̡͍̘̣̠ͬͩͮͮͣ2̞̱͖͔̟̤̉̈́̓̓ͦ̏̾̽ͅ0̮͙͍͖͎̈ͬ̅̐̓͑͑ͦ͟2̬̣̭̘͓̹̤̈̅́̇͒̓ͪ̚͝͝0̟̜̘̮̥̳̩̇͡!̴̲̻͆͋̆!̠͖̺͆̇̽ͩ̌͡͡ͅ[/size][size=medium][/size]
[size=medium]̢̡̱̹͓͍̟̪̃͊̑̊͋͐ͮͪ̅ ͙̖̬̞͚̬̪͈̜̾ͪ̈́͜[/size][size=medium][/size]
[size=medium]̨̮͉̤͓͓̩̎̃͂̏ͬ̓͜͡[̷̗͓̈̊̎̍͑͋ͅT̡͈̝̗͔͙͓͍ͨ̊̍͋́h̵̖͐͌̿̊͐͑͠͠i̶͂̇̄͐́́ͫ̒̉҉҉̝̬s͔̟͖͖͕ͣ͂ͥ̎̀ ̹̥͐̋̽͛m̨̛͕̱̹̱͒̎ͩ̌͊a̴̗̰ͧ̿ͣ́̚ỳ̳̬̇̇͌̎̿ͫͯ͞ ͑͌ͬͪ͆̐҉̯͡͡b͉̠̩̜̟̔̒̌͒̿͠͠e̊̐͒͋͆ͧ҉̶̙̰̳ ͚̣͖̩̟͇̽͆̌̊̾ͧt͎̗̯͙̮͍͔̟͈̄̄̊͗ḩ͈̰̪̻̊͠ę̨͕͍͈̣͉̫͌ ̧̗͎̯̖̦̣̃̾̃͌̐ͨ̈͡m̤̜̙̹ͧͮͮͯ̎ͪo̭̞̬̾̅́͢s̨͔̖̞̮̤̲ͪt̡̺͇̙̲̦͍̺͆̈́ͫ͊̒̐̕ ̸͔̲̞͎̋̌̄͢ŗ̰̥̦̥͙̙̲̅̓̄ͮ̐a̼̲̞̦͙̫͙̞ͦ̾̊͛̓͞n̫͖̑ͬ̓̓̐͢d̶͓̙̜ͫ̏͌̓͋́o̔̽́͋͊̚҉͖͚̮̙̲̙̗̖m̸̱̮̃̄̕͞i̴̧̟̒͊͊͑̇͑͗̂s̩̙̗͚̥̹̘̳ͭ̀ͭ̒̇ͫ̐ț̡̠ͭ͊̓̅͘͡ ̴̫̻̬̠͗͑ͥ̊͆̽́t̿ͩ͏͈̻̥̲̭̟͝͡h̶̝̱̙ͧͩ̓̒̕i͉͓̜̪̰̤̾̂̇̽̌́̽̃n̨̮̝̗ͥ̚͢ġ̸͎͓̻̩͔͈̥̓̍͆ͯ ͈̇͗ͣ͂̚I̢͇̟͇̘̦ͮ̎ͤͅ ̶̯̮͔̖͚̟̣̎̃ͭͥ͊͜͢h̷̤̘̥̯͖̫̭̯̗̃ͯ̽̕a̠̬̠ͮ͆͠v͓̖̓ͮ͒͗̍͡͠e̡̠ͧͣ͟ ̣̯̗̗̥͌͐̓́̈́͆ê̶͚̮͎͍̘̄̊̈́̅̓ͧ͟v̸̞̲͈̻̤͍̑̒̅ͩͥ̍e̴̸̛̺̼̜̦͂ͫͭr̢͇͔̖̦̹̼̅͛̍͑̋ͣ͂̾̇́ ͉̜̞͕̟͚̋̊̂ͯ̆̈́p͍̺͓͕̯̙͈̋ͧ͜o̥͔̝͚͉̼̒̾ͣ̓͗̑̚͢ş̞̻͇̥̣̠͔͋ͤ͋̎t̵̻͕͕̱̫̱̟̺̝ͩ͛̍̔̎ͪ͌̈͒͢ĕͥ͒̉͡҉̢̰̺̤̯̱̫̪d͈̠̯̄̿̎̽̇ͧ͡]̜͖̪͖̳̙͈͓̒ͣͅ[/size][size=medium][/size]
[size=medium]̘̣̹̃ͫ̈́̒̋͐ͬ[/size][size=medium][/size]
[size=medium]̭̱̘̫̦̝̠͐̃ͨ͌ͤ͆S͎̞̲̩̫̳͎̙̜͂̓̆͐̓͌͒̋ã̞̙̺̪̉́̀͜v̸̡͉͉̰̟̠͍̣̓̈́ͮ̀̑̂͠e̡̛̖̋̿ͧ̎́̌ͩ̿̃́ ͙͔̰̲̹̾͒͡ṭ̗͕͉̄̾͗ͬ̐̈h̩̜̘͚͇̗ͦ͋ͫ͆̿͌̒̽e̞̯̙̝̪͚͕̹͓ͩ͋͒ͯ̊̑͛̌ͬ ̧͕̼͔̔̆̊̽̐e̸̼͇̮̪̝͙͌͊̿̿̆͠͝n̢̩̻̹̯̦̦̈͊̾͐͘v̨̹͔̤̱͍͙͂ͩͭ͛ͧ͘i̛ͮ̾̄̈́̍͌̃̀͘ͅr̨͇͕͙̫͈̰̯ͪ̈́͞ő̫̦͖̯̯̰̦̖̌̒̎̈́̚m̡͉̠̙͙̥̙ͤ̄ͯͅě̸̻͇̮̪͕̮̳ͧ̒̅͋̽̽ͥ͆́n͌̋ͩͣ͏̝͍̹͎̭̦̰̫t͖ͫ͟͜ ͈̩͔̋ͭ̄̅ͨ̑̇̒m̳̖͍͚ͯͥͩ̓͌̓͂͘a̧̭̟͍̫̰̥̰̅̆͜n̂̅ͬͣ̓͂̈̀̚͏͖͍͟[/size]

Jul 9, 2012 at 11:58 AM Post #3,939 of 6,777
Quote:
Save the enviroment man

Every day, my panda brethren are on the face of extinction! FiiO choose to go cardboard whatever to save my borthers(just kidding, I don't know) from....abosolute devastating extionction!

Now everyone! Do the same! Vote, I , Panda! For World peace leader 2020!!

[This may be the most randomist thing I have ever posted]

Certainly the most random I have ever read. Lol.

But in all seriousness, for a guy who is on the fence between the e17 and getting an e11+e10, the boxing might make a difference. I know that sounds utterly stupid, but when I like to take stuff on the road or transport it, having a metal box always seems better than a cardboard one. 

^[This stuff I said right here just made me laugh. You don't fully realize how stupid an idea you have is until you type it out on a forum for stranger around the world to read.]

Jul 9, 2012 at 12:01 PM Post #3,940 of 6,777
Quote:
Certainly the most random I have ever read. Lol.

But in all seriousness, for a guy who is on the fence between the e17 and getting an e11+e10, the boxing might make a difference. I know that sounds utterly stupid, but when I like to take stuff on the road or transport it, having a metal box always seems better than a cardboard one. 

^[This stuff I said right here just made me laugh. You don't fully realize how stupid an idea you have is until you type it out on a forum for stranger around the world to read.]

No.. go requote it. I added emoticons! [size=medium]
ლ(ಠ_ಠლ)​
[/size]

I see your point Jacky. Dr Dre and others also say and believe that boxing is incredibly a deal breaker. Because when people walk into a store, and see it. And ask their mommies and dadies to buy it or because it looks soooooo cooo.

So when you walk by that E17.............. and that's where the logic breaks down. The majority of us here will never see an E17 being sold in an authorized brick and mortar store.
2:That casing is actually of strong cardboard and the E17 already has a little soft baggie[size=medium]
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻​
[/size]

Jul 9, 2012 at 12:09 PM Post #3,941 of 6,777
Quote:
No.. go requote it. I added emoticons! [size=medium]
ლ(ಠ_ಠლ)​
[/size]

I see your point Jacky. Dr Dre and others also say and believe that boxing is incredibly a deal breaker. Because when people walk into a store, and see it. And ask their mommies and dadies to buy it or because it looks soooooo cooo.

So when you walk by that E17.............. and that's where the logic breaks down. The majority of us here will never see an E17 being sold in an authorized brick and mortar store.
2:That casing is actually of strong cardboard and the E17 already has a little soft baggie[size=medium]
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻​
[/size]

Sadly, Idk how to re quote.

Also Dr Dre and I have many things in common (besides the proclivity toward steroids and over priced head phones) so I'm happy you noticed that. Lol

But in all seriousness, I'd imagine that walking into the store, the E17 packaging would be more appealing due to it displaying the product more. I was really just talking from a Usefulness perspective. But honestly, now that I think about it, and also have read about it, The E17 is equal ,if not superior, to the e10+e11 combo. 

As a side note I watched your unboxing video. Good stuff. 

Jul 9, 2012 at 12:17 PM Post #3,943 of 6,777
Quote:

Given that my E7 arrived (from Amazon) looking like this then it is a little concerning.

Sorry, for laughing at that haha. It's funny even now.[size=medium]
(✌゚∀゚)☞​
[/size]
Quote:
Sadly, Idk how to re quote.

Also Dr Dre and I have many things in common (besides the proclivity toward steroids and over priced head phones) so I'm happy you noticed that. Lol

But in all seriousness, I'd imagine that walking into the store, the E17 packaging would be more appealing due to it displaying the product more. I was really just talking from a Usefulness perspective. But honestly, now that I think about it, and also have read about it, The E17 is equal ,if not superior, to the e10+e11 combo. 

As a side note I watched your unboxing video. Good stuff. 

Thank you [size=medium]
(ღ˘⌣˘ღ) ​
[/size][size=medium]
(ღ˘⌣˘ღ) ​
[/size][size=medium]
(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)​
[/size]

[size=medium]
(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)​
[/size]

Jul 9, 2012 at 4:49 PM Post #3,944 of 6,777
I am a bit in doubt, is there any difference between me using a SPDIF cable from my motherboard into my old trusty Harman Kardon AVR 4500 and then putting my headphones (HD555) into that compared to buying a unit like this sound quality wise?

Jul 9, 2012 at 4:55 PM Post #3,945 of 6,777
Quote:
I am a bit in doubt, is there any difference between me using a SPDIF cable from my motherboard into my old trusty Harman Kardon AVR 4500 and then putting my headphones (HD555) into that compared to buying a unit like this sound quality wise?

You should be in doubt. It's hard to compare receivers to something like this. It of course depends on what you have in your receiver, as in it's audio parts and efficency and intergration of those parts. It could have nice spec'd parts inside but if it didn't intergrate it well or has a design error(Don't think that just because it's a brand or a brand that owns AKG that there won't be any, that's a misconception) then it could have problems not to mention the signal path. From the input to output, if there are design flaws there or not hooked up for audio or headphone purpsoes then there could be problems.

There are honestly way too many receivers out there and specific variants of those said receivers to really give you a definite sound quality different schpiel.

Now...panda's....

Look at this panda...be distracted, and worry no more
 [size=medium]
(✌゚∀゚)☞​
[/size]
[size=medium]
This is my cousin! His name is Little Pow! Say hi!​
[/size]

Haven't closed out the page yet? I see you're still worrying....here's another panda pic to ease you:
[size=medium]
(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)​
[/size]
[size=medium]
And these here are my nephews! From top to bottom and left to right they are Bow, Biobear, dito, lito! ​
[/size][size=medium]
(•‿•)​
[/size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back