FiiO E17 "ALPEN" - First Impression + Final Thought
Apr 28, 2012 at 12:23 PM Post #3,136 of 6,777

Quote:

I believe it does require a bit of a break/burn in. out of the box i found it to be too bright to my liking... played music with it the whole night then tried to listen to it again, the brightness lessened. i dont know why.. maybe it's just adjusting to my d5k.lol

There are two ELNA electrolytic capacitors between DAC and amp section, and burn in does help to make the capacitor work better , it is not a secret but it does not means every headphone amp need burn in because not every headphone amp includes electrolytic capacitors

in the signal channels. and there are less effect to  tantalum capacitor

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Apr 28, 2012 at 12:30 PM Post #3,137 of 6,777
hmm i've had my Fiio E17 for a week now and now it refuses to turn on.. the device gets recognized when I plug it in but it wont turn on or play music... this sucks! :frowning2: I can see a faint red light from the power button when plugged in. It has been plugged in all along with auto charge so it can't of ran out of battery

Apr 28, 2012 at 12:35 PM Post #3,138 of 6,777

Quote:
hmm i've had my Fiio E17 for a week now and now it refuses to turn on.. the device gets recognized when I plug it in but it wont turn on or play music... this sucks! :frowning2: I can see a faint red light from the power button when plugged in. It has been plugged in all along with auto charge so it can't of ran out of battery

Not sure what happen to your ALPEN but seems the battery has problem  now, please contact the dealer to get replacement. or just keep charging it to see what happen . 

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Apr 28, 2012 at 12:39 PM Post #3,139 of 6,777
Thanks Matt :)
Quote:
Nice velcro mod!! I'd consider doing something similar. 

Were you concerned about them falling off or something? The adhesive seemed a little sketchy at first, but after 24 hrs it sets pretty good.
Good idea about screwing them in. I am afraid of voiding the warranty if i open mine up.
Quote:
Granted, I don't know why I would ever want to open up my E17, but I'm not so sure I like the idea of sticking the rubber feet on top of the screws on the back of the assembly...

Myself, i attached the rubber feet diagonally inside of each of the four screws.

Sweet mod, though. Glad you're liking it.
smily_headphones1.gif

Glad you liked Feiao!
Quote:

VERY HELPFUL AND GREAT!

Apr 28, 2012 at 2:17 PM Post #3,140 of 6,777

Quote:
My order for my E17 went in to MP4 nation on 03/31, mailed out on 4/10, dispatched overseas to Miami, Fl. 4/16.

I live in North Metro Atlanta.  Does anyone have any idea how much longer I should be waiting for my gear to arrive as I'm getting a little frustrated...?

Still waiting for mine to arrive from MP4Nation.  I really hope it's worth the wait, as I could have bought this from Micca a few days later and had it here in less than a week.  Is there any way to work out what has happened to it? I can't get the tracking number to work within the US.

Apr 28, 2012 at 2:48 PM Post #3,141 of 6,777
Maybe I did a bad job explaining how/where I attached my little rubber feet; I have uploaded a photo to show what I meant:

Quote:
Thanks Matt :)

Were you concerned about them falling off or something? The adhesive seemed a little sketchy at first, but after 24 hrs it sets pretty good.
Good idea about screwing them in. I am afraid of voiding the warranty if i open mine up.

Glad you liked Feiao!

Greetings from Lawrenceville.
smily_headphones1.gif
I am sorry to hear that you purchased from MP4Nation; I decided to pay the few extra dollars to order mine from MiccaStore and was extremely pleased with the service/speed I received. I hope you receive your device sooner rather than later; I love mine!

Also, I noticed that this device has shot up to $210 at Amazon and has gone out-of-stock at MP4Nation/MiccaStore/etc (temporarily, I expect). Jeez. Maybe FiiO is having a difficult time cranking out batches of these little wonders quick enough to meet the demand.

Quote:

Still waiting for mine to arrive from MP4Nation.  I really hope it's worth the wait, as I could have bought this from Micca a few days later and had it here in less than a week.  Is there any way to work out what has happened to it? I can't get the tracking number to work within the US.

Apr 28, 2012 at 3:08 PM Post #3,142 of 6,777

Quote:

Have you tried plugging the tracking number in the usps tracker?  The postal service has HORRIBLE shipping service. I ordered my Alpen from mp4nation, and it arrived in the US pretty quick. It was sitting in L.A for 4 days.... i was like ok no big deal i live here in California so it will arrive in a day when they sort it all out. Well they decided to ship my device all the way to Kentucky, then up to Pennsylvania, and then finally back to California. It made no sense to me. It took a total of about7-8 days to get to me when it was already here in the us.

Apr 28, 2012 at 3:10 PM Post #3,143 of 6,777
Ahh i see. Ya i played around with the positioning of the feet before i settled on over the screws. Personally i find the screw holes tacky, so the feet over them looked pretty sweet to me.
Quote:
Maybe I did a bad job explaining how/where I attached my little rubber feet; I have uploaded a photo to show what I meant:

Apr 28, 2012 at 3:11 PM Post #3,144 of 6,777

Quote:
Ahh i see. Ya i played around with the positioning of the feet before i settled on over the screws. Personally i find the screw holes tacky, so the feet over them looked pretty sweet to me.

I placed the feet over the holes too...big mistake, they slip off the edges with continuous use.

FiiO, where can we get replacement screen protector and feet from?

The feet may be availble elsewhere as it's kinda standard...but the screen protetor isnt.

Apr 28, 2012 at 3:30 PM Post #3,146 of 6,777
If mine ever fall off im gonna replace them with these sweet ones i seen at home depot, they have a peg type design that will fit into the screw hole and its also backed with some adhesive. you can find them for less than a dollar in different color. I would just stick with black though.
Quote:

I placed the feet over the holes too...big mistake, they slip off the edges with continuous use.

Apr 28, 2012 at 4:15 PM Post #3,147 of 6,777

Quote:
By Jupiter's ******!  Guess what just arrived at the front door!

:D :D :D

Plus Brainwaves Beta's and an L9 I never ordered!!!!  Win!

Will post pix of the unboxing later.

Hmm? Did you choose fedex delivery or Brainwavez? The L9 is a suprise though, so you got $35 worth of extra material :/ I still got a good deal. PL11's are fantastic.

Apr 28, 2012 at 4:50 PM Post #3,148 of 6,777

Try resetting it. It might help.

Apr 28, 2012 at 5:14 PM Post #3,149 of 6,777

Quote:

Hmm? Did you choose fedex delivery or Brainwavez? The L9 is a suprise though, so you got $35 worth of extra material :/ I still got a good deal. PL11's are fantastic.

I checked my order again, and I got standard shipping and the Free Brainwavz beta.  The L9 was in the package too.

Gotta say the Alpen looks great and I cannot wait to try her out.  Have her charging right now.
:D

Apr 28, 2012 at 6:17 PM Post #3,150 of 6,777
So you bought the L9 too or it came for free?>

Anyway,
PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT:
People don't seem to realize something. You can use the E17 Alpen while it is charging
eek.gif
 Unbelievable right?
Lithium Ion batteries aren't like those crappy old batteries, some say partial charges are good anyway, whatever it is and if it does take a hit...the hit is so small..you can't even tell..just use it. guys.

@STONEZ

Think you can one up me ehh??? WELL TOO BAD!!

I took my OWN ASUS monitor, and my own lighter, plastic wrap, Alpen, case, and pack of stuff and took a better pic!!! Heck yeah!! I even put my fingers in the reflection of the Alpen screen just for you :)

Vote for my pic!! Tis better than Stonez...

Thought you can one up me ehh Stonez!!! Ain't gonna happen!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back