FiiO E17 "ALPEN" - First Impression + Final Thought
Apr 6, 2012 at 10:20 AM Post #2,536 of 6,777
Opened up a ticket with MP4Nation and asked if they could cancel my order... unfortunate timing for me with the extended holiday, but I am just way too impatient to power up my new headphones...

Apr 6, 2012 at 10:31 AM Post #2,537 of 6,777
my fed-ex tracking was finally updated this morning, the shipping tag was created on 4/3 but not actually picked up until 4/6 showing a delivery of 4/9. Would have been nice to have it for the weekend, but it appears to be finally moving.

Apr 6, 2012 at 10:51 AM Post #2,539 of 6,777
giving everyone a heads up b&h has the e17 in stock, I ordered one yesterday and should be getting it sometime today :D  http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/839353-REG/Fiio_E17_E17_USB_DAC_Headphone.html

Apr 6, 2012 at 11:00 AM Post #2,540 of 6,777

Quote:
my fed-ex tracking was finally updated this morning, the shipping tag was created on 4/3 but not actually picked up until 4/6 showing a delivery of 4/9. Would have been nice to have it for the weekend, but it appears to be finally moving.

Quote:
Ooo. My Fiio E17 is actually on its way! It was picked up on the 6th and left the origin facility of Chaiwan HK, and now over Lantau island. An apology on my part is needed for being pessimistic... 

Same here!

Apr 6, 2012 at 11:30 AM Post #2,541 of 6,777

Quote:
giving everyone a heads up b&h has the e17 in stock, I ordered one yesterday and should be getting it sometime today :D  http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/839353-REG/Fiio_E17_E17_USB_DAC_Headphone.html

It says on their website that they are closed due to passover until April 15th...

Apr 6, 2012 at 12:07 PM Post #2,542 of 6,777

Quote:
It says on their website that they are closed due to passover until April 15th...

Ordered my FiiO E17 from B&H yesterday before 4:00pm, and it's already at my house today. I love this place. Every time I order something from them, if it's in stock, it goes right out the same day! No diddle daddling around. No sitting on the product for 2 or 3 days because "it's their processing time" (yea, right)...
If UPS, or FedEX take a week to get to my house from where it's coming from, that's ok. As long as the company that is sending you out the product sends it out within a day of purchase, that's just good business. Keeps the customer happy
wink_face.gif

Apr 6, 2012 at 1:50 PM Post #2,544 of 6,777
We hate the feeling like being trapped and feeling powerless. Once the company has your hard earned cash that it......gotcha like a venus flytrap "ya aint gona go no where".....hahahaha.... Its impossible to pry off your money form their hands. just to warn people ahead of time.....
One of their mission is not "To Rock!" but "To Trap!"

Apr 6, 2012 at 1:58 PM Post #2,545 of 6,777
I just slapped CM9 on my Galaxy S Vibrant, via a nightly, and it doesn't allow Voodoo Sound stock, so I'm using Glitch Kernel Updater & latest Glitch RC High Leak Kernel (which DOES have Voodoo Sound), and voila, the SGS to E17 sounds really nice. Did I read these last couple posts right about digital via USB? anybody got a link? (Found the info I was looking for on Android 4.0 and USB Digital Out)

Quote:
That, or any phone that's running Cyanogenmod 7/9... I think Nexus S, Nexus One... 

Apr 6, 2012 at 2:14 PM Post #2,546 of 6,777
Glad you're liking e17 and galaxy s + voodoo. I seriously miss my nexus s.....my new iPod 5.5g sounds a little more technical...analytical? But I miss the controls and functionality of the large touchscreen a lot

Apr 6, 2012 at 3:14 PM Post #2,547 of 6,777

Quote:
Glad you're liking e17 and galaxy s + voodoo. I seriously miss my nexus s.....my new iPod 5.5g sounds a little more technical...analytical? But I miss the controls and functionality of the large touchscreen a lot

Thanks, 

It's deifintiely a different sound than how I remember the iBasso D10 sounding, by a fair margin. However I think I really like the E17, and have already found a need for those treble+ and bass- controls, and I like more than a neutral amount of bass!

I'm sure the iPod 5.5G sounds much less sterile than the iPhone 3G! (from my experience). Hope you find a happy medium with that. There's rockbox, and those 2 PMEQ apps for iOS available now... Not sure if the iPod 5.5G supports iApps though.

Apr 6, 2012 at 3:37 PM Post #2,548 of 6,777
I just got mine in the mail, REALLY nice packaging, props FiiO! It's like unboxing an Apple product. 

My only issue here is I can't get it to boot up. I figure the battery is dead so I plugged it into USB and tried again. It boots to the splash screen, then says "USB", and then says "Goodbye!" and turns off instantly. Does the battery need a charge even if its plugged in? I'm probably overreacting but I feel like it should power up when charging. The amber ring is lit up. 

Apr 6, 2012 at 3:43 PM Post #2,549 of 6,777

Quote:
I just got mine in the mail, REALLY nice packaging, props FiiO! It's like unboxing an Apple product. 

My only issue here is I can't get it to boot up. I figure the battery is dead so I plugged it into USB and tried again. It boots to the splash screen, then says "USB", and then says "Goodbye!" and turns off instantly. Does the battery need a charge even if its plugged in? I'm probably overreacting but I feel like it should power up when charging. The amber ring is lit up. 

With the device off. I would plug it into the computer or a high quality wall USB charger with the cable they provided. DO NOT turn the device on. Is there a red light? If yes. Then leave it there for 30 minutes and turn it on after 30 minutes. IF a red light does not appear in the circular power on and Exit button's outer circle, then plug the E17 and it's cable into another computer/device/wall charger to make sure. If the red light still does not turn on, report back. 

Apr 6, 2012 at 4:53 PM Post #2,550 of 6,777

Quote:

Ordered my FiiO E17 from B&H yesterday before 4:00pm, and it's already at my house today. I love this place. Every time I order something from them, if it's in stock, it goes right out the same day! No diddle daddling around. No sitting on the product for 2 or 3 days because "it's their processing time" (yea, right)...
If UPS, or FedEX take a week to get to my house from where it's coming from, that's ok. As long as the company that is sending you out the product sends it out within a day of purchase, that's just good business. Keeps the customer happy
wink_face.gif

I was able too make it there before they closed and they said they did not have it in the store but they had 9 in there warehouse in brooklyn, so they gave me free shipping and it came today :D so far I love it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back