FiiO E17 "ALPEN" - First Impression + Final Thought
Mar 21, 2012 at 11:41 AM Post #2,224 of 6,777
I've just purchased my e17 from mp4Nation, a company in HK who specialize in fiio products, they said their shipment is expected by the end of the month also, I'm so freaking excited to receive my new amp, it plus a pair of HifiMan HE-400's and I wont need any new audio gear till i'm an old man :)

Mar 21, 2012 at 2:30 PM Post #2,227 of 6,777

Quote:
I've just purchased my e17 from mp4Nation, a company in HK who specialize in fiio products, they said their shipment is expected by the end of the month also, I'm so freaking excited to receive my new amp, it plus a pair of HifiMan HE-400's and I wont need any new audio gear till i'm an old man :)

....that's what they all said..until upgradeitis hits.. :) basically checking and going on head fi moves upgrade itis, you will feel the need to know more about audio and..head fi just has this tune and you see it..but you try to avoid it. it works..until it gets bad,...and then it hits hard

Mar 21, 2012 at 9:51 PM Post #2,228 of 6,777
Enjoying my E17 immensely. The sound has continued to improve for me, up to around 3 weeks. This unit is smooth as a baby's bottom and has very good separation.

There are two problems I've experienced thus far.

I had to end up shutting off the usb battery charger because I've noticed that the battery is constantly on charge mode. It will shut down for a while but starts to charge after a short time. This is when I have the unit on or off while plugged into the usb port. I can shut it off, unplug it from usb and let it sit there for an hour, come back, and it's charging again. I do not use this unit as a portable, only plugged into my Toshiba notebook for better sound quality than what I'm receiving with the internal sound card.

The other problem I experience (way too often) is a constant dropout that starts on the left channel. then seems to alternate between both left & right. I have to end up unplugging the unit from usb several times to get it to go away. Yes, I've tried a different usb cable.

If anyone has any troubleshooting ideas on either of these problems I'm experiencing, I'm all ears (no pun intended).

Mar 21, 2012 at 10:39 PM Post #2,229 of 6,777

Quote:
The other problem I experience (way too often) is a constant dropout that starts on the left channel. then seems to alternate between both left & right. I have to end up unplugging the unit from usb several times to get it to go away. Yes, I've tried a different usb cable.

If anyone has any troubleshooting ideas on either of these problems I'm experiencing, I'm all ears (no pun intended).

Doesn't sound right. Do you experience the same thing on another PC?

Mar 22, 2012 at 4:31 AM Post #2,230 of 6,777

Quote:

I said that at least 10-12 times in my life
beyersmile.png
It was never true...

Mar 22, 2012 at 4:50 AM Post #2,231 of 6,777
I must not need any new audio gear till i'm an old man

Mar 22, 2012 at 1:27 PM Post #2,233 of 6,777
I did it, I bought them  Hifiman He-400's to pair with my Alpen E17, 400 USD holy hell I'm gonna get good use out of them :))))

Mar 22, 2012 at 1:31 PM Post #2,234 of 6,777

Quote:
Doesn't sound right. Do you experience the same thing on another PC?

Don't have another PC to test on. I'm starting to get the channel loss more frequently from just a few days ago.

Quote:
@sounddreamer
The usb charge thing i get too. Its not a problem nor is it abnormal for me
I have no drops here or any channel problems here. I have and do use OPT, AUX, and USB in very often on this device

I will try and test the digital out to see (hear) if I have a problem there.

Mar 22, 2012 at 3:17 PM Post #2,235 of 6,777

Quote:
Don't have another PC to test on. I'm starting to get the channel loss more frequently from just a few days ago.

I will try and test the digital out to see (hear) if I have a problem there.

try that..but..idk, maybe try different computers and if it still happens see if you can get a RMA ..hopefully you bought it from micca.

but grreeat that you like the E17, you almost went to the other side for a while :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back