FiiO E17 "ALPEN" - First Impression + Final Thought
Feb 26, 2012 at 8:41 PM Post #1,892 of 6,777

Quote:
Mine rattles, not sure where to find the SN

it's on the FiiO box itself, not on unit...suprisingly 
confused_face_2.gif

from what it seems now, there is some loose or not as well soldered part by design that can be knocked off when shipping here.

FiiO please fix this problem with future units.

I feel like i'm getting back into old habits, but i swear..im just answering questions

Feb 26, 2012 at 8:48 PM Post #1,893 of 6,777

Quote:

it's on the FiiO box itself, not on unit...suprisingly 
confused_face_2.gif

from what it seems now, there is some loose or not as well soldered part by design that can be knocked off when shipping here.

FiiO please fix this problem with future units.

I feel like i'm getting back into old habits, but i swear..im just answering questions

Haha I guess they just don't like me enough to put it on my box. 

Anyways, sorry for all the questions. I still feel new to all this stuff. Well I am still new to this stuff, but I enjoy picking up new hobbies and I am dedicated to this hobby at the moment. (My wallet isn't though)

Feb 26, 2012 at 11:45 PM Post #1,895 of 6,777
I've been enjoying my new E17 over the weekend. Surprised to hear about the rattle. Mine seemed very well built with a great finish.

I also spent a lot of time comparing the E17 to my now sold E7 and relishing the improvement. Only negative aspect (or positive as far as my wallet is concerned) is that even with the E17, I'm still not able to tell the difference between 320kbps and flac with the ABX test. Oh well...

Feb 27, 2012 at 12:33 AM Post #1,896 of 6,777
I should have gotten my e17 on Thursday but Canada Post screwed up and... well, hoping for the best.

As for the rattle, think it's just that the unit is not well secured inside the shells? In that case maybe just applying foam or rubber to stabilize it could fix the problem. Must be some sort of loose fitting/part if it rattles when you shake it.

Feb 27, 2012 at 12:58 AM Post #1,897 of 6,777

I removed the rear cover to the E17. This will be as far as I will go before replacing the cover. I discovered that the Lo Bypass switch is slightly loose and can rattle when shaken. It can be seen at the top of the E17. Well, really side but top of photo. There is no cause for alarm and is a normal anomaly.

Feb 27, 2012 at 1:06 AM Post #1,898 of 6,777
Let me rephrase what I stated about the switch. It's not the switch itself. It's the plastic piece that slides over the switch. This plastic piece is what you use to activate the actual switch. It's like the cover to the switch itself.

Feb 27, 2012 at 1:13 AM Post #1,899 of 6,777

Quote:
Let me rephrase what I stated about the switch. It's not the switch itself. It's the plastic piece that slides over the switch. This plastic piece is what you use to activate the actual switch. It's like the cover to the switch itself.

So it's bascially a piece that keeps dust out of the unit. I can live with that. Thanks for taking one for the team, SoundDreamer. :)

Feb 27, 2012 at 7:14 AM Post #1,902 of 6,777
Thanks sound dreamer!

Ishalamb is the spdif out on ur pc full toslink or mini toslink? If its mini toslink u just need a two end mini toslink to minitoslink cable. If its regular toslink u need a toslink to mini toslink cable. Please note toslink ends can be easily converted to mini toslink with an adapter

Feb 27, 2012 at 8:09 AM Post #1,905 of 6,777
Always felt like cancelling but the thought of 'just another 2~3 weeks wait' and 'that's a $30AUD difference' kept coming. I'll just get myself forget about my order and wait for the surprise...

Should have followed everyone and cancelled my order right when they announced their first delay.

I am currently severely broke so I stuck with their preorder, but for those who live in Aus, http://i-enjoy.com.au/ProductDetails.aspx?ID=125, they have stock and fantastic customer service. (If anyone got a discount, let me know so I will quickly change my mind)
Quote:
...Just ordered one yesterday thinking I'd get it in a few weeks
frown.gif

On another note, does anyone with a fischer fa-011 know how it pairs with the e17?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back